My Dukan experience. Never stop trying!

fortune_cookie

Night Hawk
All right, so I read the book.. FAQs and Tips.. Survived 5 days of attack.. I suppose it's about time I opened a diary :)

So hello everyone, I am the annoying little creature who's yo-yo-ing around 12 pounds up and down; the ones that make the difference between me looking really nice and fitting in my clothes and me having stuff bulging out of the only pair of pants I can squeeze in. I am stubborn in not buying clothes on size up!

I've been fine with my weight up until my pregnancy.. Than you know :rolleyes: I started with Atkins, went well, but got back, bought the South Beach book and not even tried it, sounded too insane :D Than a year and a half ago as I was thinking to start Dukan, I discovered Exante; it brought a glorious victory (nearly 20 pounds off) which unfortunately faded away slowly

I know my goal does not sound like much, but it is a big deal for me. Not just because I am unhappy with how I look, but because I am terribly scared to let any extra weight simply be there, as my mum is severely obese, from being extremely thin before pregnancy.. and allowing 10 pounds extra, than 10 more and so on. So I expect bad genes too and I am planning to tackle them as they come.

In a nutshell, I will be the boring one that will come after 40 days or so to brag about the amazing 12 pounds lost :p And continue for about 60 days consolidating them afterwards. ;)

Hello :) im here to follow u lasted long on attack which is fab. How much did you lose?
I have 1.5 stones to lose seems like dukan is a better life style.
Good luck

Hi and welcome, weather its 10lb or 10 stone we all have a weight we are happy with. Good luck and enjoy cruise x

Thanks for messages, is really nice to see people out there. :) And wow you made it for so long, I can only dream.. :eek: I am more of a short-term resistant type, I could probably make it through attack for two weeks, but than that's it! All strength vanished. Maybe I try a different approach this time, see how that works for keeping the results..

I have no idea how much I lost because my home scale is absolutely unreliable.. I use the one at the gym, but I usually go there during workdays. Can't wait to see what it says.

Going to my day today, was a long hiking one, somewhere in Wycombe, 20.5km but nice as usual (I do this more or less every weekend, if weather allows it). Had a quick breakfast in train, a non-fat yogurt, than lunch in one of National Trust's manor's cafe (roast beef with steamed brocolli.. no gravy or apple sauce.. honestly.. :yuk:). Made mental note to fill fridge with dressing and sauces done after book's/forum's recipes, since there is nothing worse than dry, hard to swallow food. Came home and had a bit of cottage cheese with tomatoes and cucumber, an absolute treat after these days.

Tired and happy

:D

Believe it or not I've done it again yesterday, picked another route somewhere in Surrey, for 16 km this time. But that was it, back to work today or my job will change in farmer or something..

Found it rather difficult to keep my PP day out there, while my husband was having: Snickers, peanuts, beer at the bar where we had the lunch stop (which smelled like heaven.. while I was having boiled egg, tuna and cottage cheese), ice-cream.. I've noticed that although before this diet I had almost no interest towards chocolate bars and other sweeties, now I am considering snatching empty wrappings of the floor. Hope that won't last!!

As for meals, I am sticking to non-fat yogurt, salmon, eggs, tuna.. That's pretty much what I had yesterday and looking forward for my PV today. And for weighing this afternoon.

Try and weigh in the mornings FC, it gives a more accurate reading :)

Back