Total Solution My Exante Diary - Need to lose 12 stone!

Nausea can be a side effect of a VLCD apparently but I wonder if it's leftover from your tummy bug? Would you feel nauseous after eating normal food too? I guess it's impossible to know without trying some. If the peppermint tea isn't helping then fennel tea can sometimes help settle your stomach. You could try ginger tea, either teabags or putting some fresh ginger in hot water if you have any. If you dont, you could try ground ginger in some hot water if you have any for cooking. It's not strictly allowed on the diet but I reckon in situations like this you should do what helps.

Nausea can be a side effect of a VLCD apparently but I wonder if it's leftover from your tummy bug? Would you feel nauseous after eating normal food too? I guess it's impossible to know without trying some. If the peppermint tea isn't helping then fennel tea can sometimes help settle your stomach. You could try ginger tea, either teabags or putting some fresh ginger in hot water if you have any. If you dont, you could try ground ginger in some hot water if you have any for cooking. It's not strictly allowed on the diet but I reckon in situations like this you should do what helps.

Thanks for the tip, I love fennel tea so will definitely get some in!

At lunchtime I tried the banana shake that I was dreading, and actually it was fine! The flavour is very mild I think, so not too bad at all. I just tried the tomato and basil soup for dinner, and I know that a lot of people are saying that it's disgusting but I quite enjoyed it! It didn't have a lot of flavour to begin with, but I added a little bit of salt and pepper, and a really good shake of chilli flakes...that really helped. I also have half my bar from this morning left, so will have that in a bit for pudding with a Coke Zero...I'm finding one a day is a lovely treat.

I have now tried all the shakes, half the soups and one of the bars and they are all fine, so I think it's looking good for the bumper pack, which will save me so much money.

I'm going to try the porridge tomorrow for breakfast, as I'm out for a lot of the day so want something a bit more filling. Again, I've heard bad things about it, but we shall see!

I have a lovely group of friends who are really really supporting me, they are my birth group from when DD was born. They are all keeping me going and I'm going to have a mid-week weigh-in tomorrow morning, they are all guessing how much I will have lost :D Love it!

Yeah dont go by what others say about what's nice or not nice as to flavours. I really like the carbonara for example, some can't stomach it at all. I haven't tried the other flavours of soups, I like the mushroom but the others dont appeal so not bothered about trying them. I wish I could just get the bumper packs but I'm allergic to some nuts so can't have the nut and raisin bars so it makes no sense to buy that pack unless I want to resell those bars on. I've been having the Tesco UltraSlim chocolate bars instead of the Exante ones as I really like those and they're an allowed alternative.

Hi. I just saw your diary. I'm doing slim&save and have about 3 stone to lose. I just wanted to wish you good luck and sow some support. I look forward to seeing your progress :)

I forgot to add this, and it's probably going to sound really sad lol, but I've come up with a way to help me through those moments where I'm coveting someone else's meal. I have a filofax that I love and use every day, I have put a section in there so that every time I want what someone is eating, I write it in there. It's kind of a promise to the 'needy' part of me that is trying to sabotage me that one day I will eat that meal.

For example, tonight my hubby was eating a really nice looking meal, and I really really wanted some! But rather than cave in, I wrote it down with a promise to myself that when I'm at a healthy weight I will allow myself to eat that exact same meal. As soon as I had written it down, I was fine!

Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps anyone :)

Hi. I just saw your diary. I'm doing slim&save and have about 3 stone to lose. I just wanted to wish you good luck and sow some support. I look forward to seeing your progress :)

Thank you, what's slim and save if you don't mind me asking? I've seen it mentioned a few times but no idea what it is! Good luck back to you :) I hope that you get those 3 stone off nice and fast!

It's the same thing as Cambridge or exante. Only it's cheaper and the packs are much nicer. I've done LL in the past and lost 5 stone in 4 months.
I'm on day 12 of s&s and I'm really enjoying it. I've tried exante for a while once too but I really can't deal with only 3 packs a day.
How are you getting on?

It's the same thing as Cambridge or exante. Only it's cheaper and the packs are much nicer. I've done LL in the past and lost 5 stone in 4 months.
I'm on day 12 of s&s and I'm really enjoying it. I've tried exante for a while once too but I really can't deal with only 3 packs a day.
How are you getting on?

That's good to know, thanks :)

I'm doing ok for the moment, I only had half a bar for breakfast, shake for lunch and soup for dinner, so still have half a bar left to eat, which I will in a minute. I'm in ketosis already which is amazing, so I am not feeling hungry today, and have a nice calm happy feeling (sounds weird but it's hard to explain! I guess it's contentment?).

Do they have more flavours than Exante? It might be something for me to look at in the future once I'm bored with this plan!

Hey Jo :D
You can tell your head is in the right place for this diet already ;)

I'm just a bit scared as last time I was doing so well and then I went on holiday, planning to stay on plan and it all went out of the window as I felt so deprived compared to everyone else! I don't want to force myself to stay on plan if it's going to make me rebel against it in the long run.

Yes, I do know what you mean ...
When I am being good :rolleyes:(which is not often at the moment:eek:), holiday mode is a force to be reckoned with.
Have your holiday, then come back and diet. For me thats the best way :)
I cant go, be good, as I come back and go mad !! Which is what I have been doing the last few days :eek:

I forgot to add this, and it's probably going to sound really sad lol, but I've come up with a way to help me through those moments where I'm coveting someone else's meal. I have a filofax that I love and use every day, I have put a section in there so that every time I want what someone is eating, I write it in there. It's kind of a promise to the 'needy' part of me that is trying to sabotage me that one day I will eat that meal.

For example, tonight my hubby was eating a really nice looking meal, and I really really wanted some! But rather than cave in, I wrote it down with a promise to myself that when I'm at a healthy weight I will allow myself to eat that exact same meal. As soon as I had written it down, I was fine!

Just thought I'd mention it in case it helps anyone :)

That is a good idea :), I like it :D
I can see that writing down a "wish list" is a way to keep you right :)

Good Luck Jo :D
I will be following ;)

Hi, Im on week 2 and am feeling pretty good, I love the goals you have set, having these and thinking about what weight you will be gives a real boost of determination. Good luck to you and everyone else.

Hey Jo, I've just caught up with your diary :)

I have lots of weight to lose too so hopefully we can support each other on this long old journey to slimdom!!

I find exante easier to stick to than slim and save because it fills me up more.
With the slim and save the packs are pretty small and even though you have 4 of them when I tried it I was always hungry!

How are you getting on?

I've decided to try S&S thanks to your recommendation :) I've been reading the S&S board avidly since yesterday and have decided to order their trial pack to try. I love the variety and hope that I like the packs!

Am still on Exante for now though, and am still going strong! Was surrounded by chocolate today, but wasn't even tempted to cave! I tried the raisin toffee bar thingy today which I didn't think I'd like, but it was really nice.

Had the mushroom soup for dinner, added loads of chilli flakes again and salt and pepper, and that made it nicer. I like the flavours of the soups, I just struggle with the texture, especially where they foam up on the top (as I use a stick blended).

Still haven't tried the porridge as my amazing DH let me lie in today, then woke me with the shower running when it was time to get ready to go out. So I just had a quick choc shake, and then the bar for lunch.

Had a sneaky weigh-in this morning and I've lost 8.5lbs already! :bliss:am so so so happy with that! Also, I came on today, and it's the first period I've had since getting pregnant with my DS (who turns 1 yr old soon). Probably a combination of stopping the breastfeeding and being on this diet.

I have an appt with my GP tomorrow about some headaches that I've been getting when I wake up in the morning. Have got a double appt so am also going talk to him about this diet and ask him to keep me monitored etc.

Hey Jo :D
You can tell your head is in the right place for this diet already ;)

Thank you for your reply, I knew that the only way for me to stick to a VLCD was for me to be in the right frame of mind! I've been waiting a long time to be in the right head space to do it! I just hope that I can keep my head in the right place :D

Hi, Im on week 2 and am feeling pretty good, I love the goals you have set, having these and thinking about what weight you will be gives a real boost of determination. Good luck to you and everyone else.

Thank you so much, good luck to you too! :)

Hey Jo, I've just caught up with your diary :)

I have lots of weight to lose too so hopefully we can support each other on this long old journey to slimdom!!

I find exante easier to stick to than slim and save because it fills me up more.
With the slim and save the packs are pretty small and even though you have 4 of them when I tried it I was always hungry!

Thank you, I definitely need all the support I can get, and happy to offer it in return if I can! Good to know about S&S, I will bear that in mind when I try it out. I assumed it would fill me up more! I've ordered the trial pack now, so will give it a go for a week and see which plan I prefer :)

Wow Jo :D
Thats a great loss so far :D
I hope the doc can help with the headaches :)

Thank you for your reply, I knew that the only way for me to stick to a VLCD was for me to be in the right frame of mind! I've been waiting a long time to be in the right head space to do it! I just hope that I can keep my head in the right place :D

Thank you so much, good luck to you too! :)

Thank you, I definitely need all the support I can get, and happy to offer it in return if I can! Good to know about S&S, I will bear that in mind when I try it out. I assumed it would fill me up more! I've ordered the trial pack now, so will give it a go for a week and see which plan I prefer :)

Hey. Yes the packs are smaller but you can add veg to your savoury packs to bump it up a little. But even without the veg once you add water they look exactly the same size as Exante and the bars compared to the carboard like bird food they sell in exante are just delicious! ;)
That's what I think anyway.
Glad you decided to order a trial pack. It'll give you a good idea and help you decide. I do however miss the Exante porridge. It's much much nicer so I'm thinking of ordering just the porridges from Exante and mix it with S&S.

Your weight loss so far is amazing! Well done. Looks like you're headed for a great weigh in!
:)

8.5 already how fantastic. It makes you feel wonderful when you get a WI like that doesnt it. Keep going you are doing great x

Thanks everyone for the continued support and tips! :)

I'm still going strong, had a choc orange bar for breakfast, then the vanilla shake made with coffee for lunch. It tasted really nice, but the texture was really off, kind of viscous which left a coating in my mouth, I think that next time I will put way more water in, which will help.

I had the vegetable soup for dinner and OMG it was amazing! It tasted so so nice, I didn't expect that at all! I added lots of spices and chilli and the texture was really nice, like Heinz cream of chicken soup :) Happy Bunny!

I hate that gunky feeling in your mouth, so I always use extra water. I love the veg soup too, its my favorite! Well done to you

Back