My FINAL diet diary!! Goodbye weight - Hello mummyhood

sarah_lou1981

Back again!!
Ok, so for the best part of the past ten years I've lost weight, put it back on and more only to start all over again. And now I've had the decision to lose weight forced for me so this is my 'once-and-for-all diet diary'!!
The only time my weight has ever really been a major issue is when I've had to buy clothes!! But having been diagnosed with PCOS and endometriosis last month I've now got no choice but to lose weight if I want to be a Mummy. While it's not impossible for me and OH to conceive it will be hard so to qualify for any treatment on the NHS I need to shift this bulk!!! :eek:

The diet diary seems to help others so thought I'd give it a go - anything that helps really.

Only started on 19/10/11 so I've got a long way to go. Not setting any targets this time, other than my ultimate one, just taking it half a stone at a time. So here goes........

Well done on starting your weight loss journey and loads of luck. Taking it small steps at a time is a great idea, makes the idea of it so much more manageable I think. Look forward to following your progress

Thanks, looking forward to first WI - even if its a pound off its better than being the weight I am now!!!

Buckets of good luck sarah!! I too am losing weight to TTC (as you can see by my tickers hehe) and have a similar amount to lose to you, perhaps you'd like to be diet buddies for a bit of added motivation? Fingers crossed for you for the weight loss and sending lots of baby dust for the TTC :vibes: xxx

Wishing you a new happy, healthy trip to motherhood. If there was a reason why to eat and be a healthy weight your reason is :)

Buckets of good luck sarah!! I too am losing weight to TTC (as you can see by my tickers hehe) and have a similar amount to lose to you, perhaps you'd like to be diet buddies for a bit of added motivation? Fingers crossed for you for the weight loss and sending lots of baby dust for the TTC :vibes: xxx

Thanks hun and good luck to you too!! Diet buddies sounds good to me, better to have as much motivation as possible.
Fingers crossed for you too
xx

And thanks to everyone else too!! Registered on here last year but never came on and am so glad I did today - your support is amazing :) xx

I just wanted to wish you luck too. I was in a similar situation five years ago (does not feel that long ago). I have PCOS and just the one fallopian tube (previous ectopic) and was struggling to get pregnant (for years).

I'm a lot heavier than you too, and was told I'd need IVF but of course would not qualify for it unless I lost five stones. I did get lucky though and conceived my little boy in 2007 (at 19 stone) and then caught immediately (the same night we decided to try - go figure!) with my little girl in 2009.

The very best of luck though - it was a terrible time for me and my heart goes out to you. xxx

Thankyou :)

Been to see consultant today who has said that, even though I have these conditions, because I was on the contraceptive injection for 9 months I don't qualify for any treatment on the NHS for two years. Gutted. But at least it will spur me on to lose the weight properly and it's so nice to hear stories like yours where it has a happy ending.

Good luck with your weight loss journey too :)
xxx

Thankyou :)
x

Fx the weight loss will help you get that big fat positive before you get to that stage hon!!

Fingers crossed!! And for you too :)
xxx

Oh my god, just tried cooking my first ever omelette and its looked like sick!!! I put mushrooms and tomatoes in it and once it eventually stopped separating all over the pan enough for me to get it on my plate it actually tasted nice. Just havent got a clue how to make it look like a proper omelette - maybe the pan is too big???
Anyone got any tips please?
xx

Weigh in day should be today but had already made plans with friends prior to starting back at SW so going tomorrow morning instead. Which should be good for this weeks weight loss but maybe not so good for next weeks with there being a day less in my diet week!!!
Going to Brewers Fayre for a meal tonight and trying to decide between Quorn chilli, steak, gammon or salad (which is what I'm having for dinner today!!)
Hmmmmm

Hope you a nice meal out hon :)

Was lovely thank you, had quorn chilli and then when coffees came round instead of usual cappucino I had a plain coffee with skimmed milk. Had a few cheeky nibbles of my friends choc pudding but hadn't had any syns today so figured it was allowed. We shall see if the scales agree in the morning ;)
x

OH MY GOD!!! I lost 7 and a half pounds!!! Jeeeeeeez. Well chuffed :)

Thanks hun :) x

Back