My first big slip up:(

treesandcats

Well today I am on day 12. Lost 8lbs in my 1st week but today I truly blew it.

Had my shake for breakfast and all was well until lunchtime. My two boys left some of there dinner and instead of me chucking it straight in the bin I ate the left overs. 3 bites of chicken kiev and about 5 fork fulls of spaghetti bolognese:cry:

Afterwards I thought that I would just miss a pack out to try and counter balance the calories etc.

Well later on we went out and took the boys to mcdonalds. I did really well and only ate 1 french fry but then on the way home(it was now 5pm) I said to hubby that as I have been bad today I might as well have a chinese with him. I decided to have chicken chowmein as I thought this would be the healthiest option.

Well I ate that but now I had a taste for food so I then ate a ciabatta with lurpak on it then half a tube of salt & vinegar pringles:(

I am just sooo mad with myself, all because I dont like to see food wasted, it was all down hill from there.

So I assume now that I will no longer be in ketosis so will now have to wait at least a few more days before this kicks in again and I bet on weigh in day on tuesday I have put on a good few lbs.

I have found this diet to be so easy so far and have not longed for food at all. Something just when snap and there was no stopping me.

Well I am still motivated and I will be right back into it correctly tomorrow.

Not looking forward to weigh in.

Sorry for the rant, just needed to release the guilt I am now feeling.

Aww don't worry love. As long as you jump right back on it tomorrow and maybe throw in a bit of excercise I'm sure you'll be ok..Good luck!! x

Just remember how you feel now and then remind yourself next time. The end of the day it is human nature to eat and as you have been depriving yourself of carbs it seems that you have subconciously stocked up!

Anyone can do that - just get back on the wagon tomorrow. The things that have hurt us are sent to test us and what doesn;t break us makes us stronger!

Cheesy I know but try and get yourself in that mode of thinking !!!

Txxx

I did the same at the begining of the week and no i haven't lost anything. I'am going to remember how pi$$ed off i'am at myself and never waste another week. Don't beat yourself up, get straight back on it but do remember this feeling. Hopefully it will help us in the future when temptation comes a knocking!

Hun we all do it (majority anyway) Think of it this way, have you consumed 3500 calories over your BMR? Mine is 2603 so then 3500 on top thats alot of chow mein!! If yes then thats 1lb, but you would of have to consumed loads!
Not trying to say we should all treat, but the weight or the sts which will show on your scales will more then likely be water, ketosis will be back soon, please don't be so hard on yourself, or if it makes you feel better dont weigh this week, do it next week when everything is back in balance x

Thanks for your support. You are all right of course. Yes exercise tomorrow is a good idea to see if I can counter balance a bit more.

I'm trying to learn that if I have a small food slip up that there's no reason to punish myself with more food and thus making myself feel guilty & useless. It's not easy but I think it will make the inevitable slip-up less of an all round disaster.

The other thing that's helping is pausing for a minute when I want to eat something & asking myself, am I hungry or do I just want it? That question has saved me from putting lots of things in my mouth! Not easy but it's going to help when I return to normal food, if I learn to do it now then I shall be better prepared to stay slim when the big day comes.

Get back on the wagon, you can do it!!

It sounds like you ate perhaps 1000cals to 1500 cals max, and that you would have only had 1 pack, so only between 600 and 1100 extra calories. These would still fall within your BMR when added to your morning pack of 200 cals, so you would either have stayed the same weight or still very slightly lost. No this won't be likely to show on the scale due to water weight, unless you can get rid of that by then, but if it'll put you off showing a rise on the scale, it might be worth skipping that week's weigh in, and weighing in the next week.

The difficulty with eating like that is you have to get back into ketosis, so for the next couple of days you may get the headaches again etc. I think that's the bit that makes it hard work and frustrating if you slip off the wagon. Just try and get yourself back on it, and if you need to eat, make some low carb plans for it that don't take you out of ketosis.
Good luck with the next couple of days. xx

I'm trying to learn that if I have a small food slip up that there's no reason to punish myself with more food and thus making myself feel guilty & useless. It's not easy but I think it will make the inevitable slip-up less of an all round disaster.

The other thing that's helping is pausing for a minute when I want to eat something & asking myself, am I hungry or do I just want it? That question has saved me from putting lots of things in my mouth! Not easy but it's going to help when I return to normal food, if I learn to do it now then I shall be better prepared to stay slim when the big day comes.

Get back on the wagon, you can do it!!

It sounds like you ate perhaps 1000cals to 1500 cals max, and that you would have only had 1 pack, so only between 600 and 1100 extra calories. These would still fall within your BMR when added to your morning pack of 200 cals, so you would either have stayed the same weight or still very slightly lost. No this won't be likely to show on the scale due to water weight, unless you can get rid of that by then, but if it'll put you off showing a rise on the scale, it might be worth skipping that week's weigh in, and weighing in the next week.

The difficulty with eating like that is you have to get back into ketosis, so for the next couple of days you may get the headaches again etc. I think that's the bit that makes it hard work and frustrating if you slip off the wagon. Just try and get yourself back on it, and if you need to eat, make some low carb plans for it that don't take you out of ketosis.
Good luck with the next couple of days. xx

Thank you all for more support and advice.

I am finding today very easy so far. Had a shake for breakfast at 11am, lots of water before and after. Eating my soup as we speak and just starting my 2nd 1.2 litre bottle of water.

Just before I made my soup I was making the boys some pasta bolognese. I dished it up and looked at the big serving spoon which had a load of the sauce on it. For a split second I thought about eating it but I immediately rinsed it under the tap:)

I am going to do some exercise in a bit.

I am thinking about not weighing myself on Tuesday but not decided yet.

I need to talk to my hubby again about this diet as I have asked him to support me and stop me eating normal food and maybe if he had said a few supportive words I would not have ordered the chinese, im not blaming him, I ate it, just need him to understand he is going to have to be a bit harsh with me.

Anyway im am still very motivated with this diet.

I go on holiday to Florida in 88 days so need to get a good couple of stone off before I go.

X

That's really good! I'm always proud of myself when I turn something down. Haha..Congrats!! and good luck with the rest of the day!

Someone else on here had some great advice too, if it's things like kids leftovers that are calling to you, put them straight in the bin and squirt some washing up liquid onto them... they'll be a whole lot less tempting to you!

That's really good! I'm always proud of myself when I turn something down. Haha..Congrats!! and good luck with the rest of the day!

Thank you. Done really well over the last 2 days with no cheating. Out of Ketosis which is tto be expected but wont be long before im back init again.

Someone else on here had some great advice too, if it's things like kids leftovers that are calling to you, put them straight in the bin and squirt some washing up liquid onto them... they'll be a whole lot less tempting to you!

Yes this is a great idea. Unfortunately I went straight passed the bin and put it on the side and then that was it.

Over the last 2 days I put all leftovers straight into the bin.

Well im pleased to say that today is my weigh in day and I have lost 2lbs which is amazing considering what I ate.
Will have to wait a week to see if it catches up with me.

Aww that's really good!! See and even with the slip up you still lost some..good for you! :)

I go on holiday to Florida in 88 days so need to get a good couple of stone off before I go.

X

Your time away coincides with the Easter Challenge on here :) I have 88 days to lose 28.1lbs (2 stone) too :) I don't think what you ate will catch up with you as it will already be digested and gone....you've still had a loss, that's brilliant. And 2 stone is doable as it's only 2 and 1/4 pound per week :) We can do this!!

V

Your time away coincides with the Easter Challenge on here :) I have 88 days to lose 28.1lbs (2 stone) too :) I don't think what you ate will catch up with you as it will already be digested and gone....you've still had a loss, that's brilliant. And 2 stone is doable as it's only 2 and 1/4 pound per week :) We can do this!!

V

Oh I willl have to look into the Easter Challenge.

I would love tto get 2 stone off before I go but I am nervous about how much weight I will put on when im there as I am NOT going to take my packs with me, just too many nice restuarants for that.

Im sure I will end up putting a stone back on and maybe I should put some biger clothes in when I go just in case.

Good news is that I am back in Ketosis today so hoping for at least 3.5lbs off next week which will get my 1st stone off.

Back