My First Challenge - Club 10 by Aug 25th!

Seanin

Some people may think I'm completely mad for doing this, but I decided it's time to set myself a challenge after STS on my 2nd WI this morning at Slimming World. It was expected, however, as I had a close friend over to visit for a few days.

I started SW on July 27th at 11st 4lbs, and on my first WI last week, I'd lost 7lbs and got my half stone award. So, after maintaining this week, I'm now 10st 11lbs.

This challenge has two stages and it's not going to be easy, but I am absolutely determined to give it my best shot. Even if I don't quite succeed, I'll still have a loss and that's all that matters. I'm also aiming to do this as healthily as possible as I have a history of struggling with food emotionally/mentally.

So, 9lbs in 2 weeks is my goal. The two stages are as follows:

1. Lose 4lbs by next weigh in, and reach 10st 7lbs. That's 4lbs in a week.

2. Hit *either* my stone award by reaching 10st 4lbs (loss of 3lbs), or my Club 10 by reaching 10st 2lbs (loss of 5lbs). The aim here is get one of those lovely awards at the last class of the month. If I manage the latter, then I get two awards :)

And here's how I'm planning to do it. My rules are:
Zero alcohol (a massive sacrifice for me)
Zero bread, alternatives instead
At least 30 mins of exercise a day - if I can't get out for a speedy walk (I have kids), then I'll use the stairs, housework and whatever else I can to work up a sweat.
Tons of water - it worked wonders for me in my first week.

Today is day one, and it's all good so far - I'll be having a good walk tonight with my shape-ups to kickstart the process.

I CAN and WILL do this - 2 weeks of extra hard work will bring huge rewards, including new hair, new clothes and getting closer than ever to my eventual target.

Good luck with that weight loss, you seem super motivated so I can only imagine you doing well!
Keep us posted on how you do, go get those two awards!

Back