My first day

MummyClaire

this was my first day on the diet, (extra easy) syn counting, ect
i think i have done quite well .... i'm still using up some of the food in the cupboard so the stuff i have had to count isn't very low syn but could a few people with a trained eye check what i have done is ok and tips for the next few days ... i know i need to buy some mullerlites and cheese triangles and ryvita's and some bread and some ham, and some eggs and some quorn sausages, and some quark, and some fromage frais... and a lot more stuff that is on my shopping list :D

Breakfast: 1 banana - (free)
(i know its not a lot, and it wont last but by the time i was up and dressed and had got my daughter up and dressed had an hour on the wii fit, got my daughters breakfast and then had a shower it was nearly lunch time)
Lunch: Batchelors cup-a-soup extra, minestrone with pasta - (6 syns)
Snack: 1 tin tuna in brine with 1/4 of a cucumber, 1 apple (all free)
Tea: Chicken Casserole (chicken breast, leek and carrot) made using colemans chicken casserole mix, 6 syns a pack but only had 1/2 - (3 syns)
Mash Potato (Potato - free, Milk - HEx A, 25g Flora lighter then light - 2.5 syns)
drinks today: robinsons, no added sugar orange squash and a glass of diet pepsi (both free)

total syns today: 11.5

and if this is all right i have spare syns for a biscuit :D ...or a low syn cup a soup / mug shot / soup in a mug :)

xxx

Looks as though you've had a good first day :) Def try for a bigger breakfast though to kickstart your metabolism in the morning x Well done on getting going, this forum is great for support xxx

thank you :) ... yep i will be having a bigger breakfast once i have more food in the flat :)

is there a limit to how much mash potato i can eat ? i cooked about 6 potatoes as thats what was left in the bag and then added my milk and marg, so technically i didn't have all that marg, as i just had a big spoonful of it so lots left over... (my daughter had some of the mash too) so if i get peckish later can i just eat the rest of it up ? or is there a limit to how much potato i should have in a day, especially as it is mashed ! ? do i need to count it mashed like you do if you puree fruit ? that is my main concern with it, i luv mash and it seems to good to be true that i could eat as much of it as i want as long as the milk stays within my healthy A and i just count the marg i use !

xxx

thank you :) ... yep i will be having a bigger breakfast once i have more food in the flat :)

is there a limit to how much mash potato i can eat ? i cooked about 6 potatoes as thats what was left in the bag and then added my milk and marg, so technically i didn't have all that marg, as i just had a big spoonful of it so lots left over... (my daughter had some of the mash too) so if i get peckish later can i just eat the rest of it up ? or is there a limit to how much potato i should have in a day, especially as it is mashed ! ? do i need to count it mashed like you do if you puree fruit ? that is my main concern with it, i luv mash and it seems to good to be true that i could eat as much of it as i want as long as the milk stays within my healthy A and i just count the marg i use !

xxx

ur doing brilliant!! keep up the good work and the main thing is you are being syn aware and counting them!! there is nothing worst than assuming that certain foods are free then adding more syns to that then not being able to figure out why there is no weight loss! (like i did i though avacados were free!:cry:and nearly had one a day, turned out to be 13 syns!:eek:)

Also, try replacing marg in mash with quark or even better laughing cow cheese! it tastes lush and u'd be saving a few syns!

ur doing brilliant!! keep up the good work and the main thing is you are being syn aware and counting them!! there is nothing worst than assuming that certain foods are free then adding more syns to that then not being able to figure out why there is no weight loss! (like i did i though avacados were free!:cry:and nearly had one a day, turned out to be 13 syns!:eek:)

Also, try replacing marg in mash with quark or even better laughing cow cheese! it tastes lush and u'd be saving a few syns!

ohh noo :( ..... i hate avocado so at least i wouldn't have the option to make that mistake .... but its good to know foods to look out for like these with "hidden" syns!

ohh those sounds good ideas for my mash :) i will have to try that next time :) ... i was quite impressed that i could use the marg and it was only 2.5 syns for a whole saucepan of mash .... and that was with giving some to my daughter too so i knew i wasn't really having the whole amount :)

yay glad i can puree veg to my hearts content :)
i am running out of fruit too though lol ... i think i will have to go shopping tomorrow instead of wednesday! lol

yummy i luv bubble and squeak, will definitly be making lots of that too :)

i am used to eating meals quite late so the mash might get eaten tonight (as a treat to myself for a good first day), i was so sure i wouldn't stick it out the whole day lol ... then tomorrow i will have more fresh fruit once i have been shopping for my snacks.

thanks for all the helpful tips and ideas i will write them all down so i remember them all :D

xxx

speaking of veg puree's my mum (who' also is on SW) has a juicer which i thought was going to be useless as all her fresh fruit juices now had to be synned! what did she do?? juiced veggies instead!! her carrot and ginger with a dash of either orange or apple juice (minimal syns of around 1 or 2) are yum!!!

lol thats parents for ya ! :D ... not sure i like the idea if drinking vegetables but it does sound nice :)

xxx

lol thats parents for ya ! :D ... not sure i like the idea if drinking vegetables but it does sound nice :)

xxx

its different! an acquired taste almost! i think the only way i could gulp something like that down would be to shove loads of splenda and lemon juice in it!!:(

Just back from wi & I've lost 6lbs !!! I'm sooooo pleased but I couldn't have done it without everyones support on here. Good luck at wi this week everyone.

Hello MC

I did my 1st WI at group last night, so its my 1st day on EE too. Be good to buddy up, are you going to do a diary here for yourself? I have one, and it'd be good to buddy up if you like? x

Hello MC

I did my 1st WI at group last night, so its my 1st day on EE too. Be good to buddy up, are you going to do a diary here for yourself? I have one, and it'd be good to buddy up if you like? x

hi, that will be great, i'd luv to buddy up!, i have been shopping today so i finally have some food i can eat! :) ... my fridge looked so empty :'( .... most of it now is free food .... mullerlites, apples, ham, laughing cow cheese, and got some wholemeal bread and rolls (this is my biggest change as i have always lived on white bread), some salad .... i will do more shopping for meat, ect when i go tomorrow, but i only had the buggy today and most of the basket was taken up with youhurt, quark and fromage frais lol ..... i am well happy cause other then some of my daughters food the only unhealthy thing in my fridge is one bar of dairy milk ... which will be my treat at the end of the week (or next monday when i do my first weigh in after a week of dieting and exercising)

yep i think i will do a diary on here, i like reading others for ideas and it will be good for others to see mine and comment so i can see where i might be going wrong, e.g if i syn something wrong, and also if i have something synned and there is a free or lower syn option out there :)

i am doing chicken for tea again tonight.... i have a feeling chicken and tinned tuna will feature a lot in my diet as both are cheap and syn free :)

xxx

Just back from wi & I've lost 6lbs !!! I'm sooooo pleased but I couldn't have done it without everyones support on here. Good luck at wi this week everyone.

congratulations :) , thats excellent :) well done!!

xxx

i have now started my diary on here :) ... and added todays foods too ... still cant believe i haven't used any syns today (unless i have missed something or thought something was free that is synned)

i'm glad i have some food in the house today, i dont feel as hungary as i did yesterday evening and feel healthyer already ! :)

xxx

Back