My first decorated cake

OMG it looks fab. I had a giant cupcake baking tin delivered today ready for Sunday. I cant wait to try it out tomorrow hope I can decorate it as well as you have yours!

it must be a good photo cause it wasnt great! lol.. but if i can manage to roll it out without cracking, you can do!
my book said to roll the icing to 1 and half inchs thick, but personally i thought this was far to much and did mine at 1 inch.. maybe even less. x

awww its really cute! and very yummy looking lol!

X

Fern, you cake looks amazing, well done you've made a brilliant cake for a first attempt, wonderful. X

New cakes..

hey,

SO i made muffins for mothers day rather than a whole cake and it got me thinking..

ferns2 004.jpg

ferns2 010.jpg

ferns2 006.jpg

so i made mini muffins .. 1.5 syns each, real cake, real icing, real decorations.. :eek:)

so i made mini muffins .. 1.5 syns each, real cake, real icing, real decorations.. :eek:)

This is such a good thing to do Fern. I'm a firm believer in having your real cake and eating it. None of this splenda stuff!!

You can eat 10 of these babies!! ;)

my book said to roll the icing to 1 and half inchs thick, but personally i thought this was far to much and did mine at 1 inch.. maybe even less. x

1.5 inches thick? Blimey! Half an inch is fine, about quarter of an inch is better, and usually standard. That will get easier with practise though!

I think it looks fab! When you start out the key is to keep it simple, when you start going overboard it can look cluttered. if you ever think 'should I just add...?' the answer is no, always no!!! :)

It's a great hobby, looks like you have a natural talent!

(oh and piping isn't the be all and end all - I've been doing it for a few years and I just suck at piping! there's always ways round it ;))

Looking forward to seeing more pics as they come!! :D

Back