my first ever diary

Diet day is good again but I'm in a real pickle, thank God my kindle voice writes, my hands are huge and red with fluid it feels like I've put them through a old style washing mangle, and my legs ankles and feet are just as bad, so can't cheat or eat anything spectacular as the high doses of morphine are making me feel sick. Catch 22 as I have to eat to take my other medications. So....

B orange and banana with hea milk
L veg stir fry with small amount of Turkey. Plus sauce 1.5syn and a ww desert yogurt
D banana plus fruit platter from asda a hohoho Hifi bar 2 small ww yogurts and a bag snack a Jack caramel. Been told by hubby to pick at it till I finish it to help the sick feeling. Xx

Hi mrstore welcome along thanks for subscription.

I'm feeling very sleepy today slept all afternoon so I'm hoping the pain flare is on the way out fingers crossed.

So today I had magic pancakes (hxb) raspberries and banana for breakfast, the mixture had been soaking in the fridge since Thursday as I didn't want them last 2 mornings, so instead of making 6 small ones it made 15!!!! I was stuffed.
Hxa will be milk in my drinks

Lunch was roast beef, frylight roast potato, sweet corn peas, frylight roast parsnips, carrots,broccoli,cauliflower and gravy. I had a smid gen of horseradish a small amount of gravy was too full so didn't touch roast potato or Yorkshire puds so a 2 syn meal from gravy and horseradish over estimated.

Dinner tonight I'm not really hungry, had a handful of grapes and thinking what to have next. X

So tired today, but been good, despite being bunged up.

B Clementine and activia 0%
L 6 fruit platter from Asda with 2 ww yogurts, a pack of caramel snack jacks with a hxb Hifi bar
S banana and grapes (5syns)
D jkt potato, bag of shredded veg cabbage carrots onions 2tbsp xlight mayonnaise and 1/3 tin cheese baked beans (1.5 syn)
S ww yogurt and a twirl (9syns) hxa milk. 15.5 syns day

Last edited:
Hey!
How're you doing? The last few days have sounded awful :( My Mum used to take morphine - Tramadol and then patches - but a consultant she saw decided she needed to come off them and she had to stop them right there and then completely cold turkey. That was a particularly hellish few months!! Felt so awful for her :( But I do remember what she was like whilst taking morphine and I completely sympathise. I don't know how it feels personally, but seeing someone take it and seeing what it does isn't very nice.
I'm amazed you managed to eat what you did considering :) Lots of fruit which sounded really yummy!!

Ooof are the cheesy baked beans really THAT high in syns? Bloody hell! The BBQ ones are my favourite :D xx

Thanks cheekychinchilla! Yep morphine is awful stuff, I take 2 types a slow release capsule twice a day plus a liquid every 4 hours when required. I also have 3 types of nerve drugs every 6 hours, a lethal concoction that is slowly damaging my liver and kidney function. Today has been a better for me day although still in far too much pain, I try on these days to hold off the liquid stuff as much as I can. Was a busy day, we had a meeting with the educational psychologists, the special educational needs coordinator paediatric consultant and a pathway advisor to rubber stamp and forever diagnose my youngest Thomas as autistic. Although it's something we've lived with all his life, it's taken til now to finalise as he has so very many other issues. So now he has this it means he will have on going support for life. Tomorrow is another big day, we have to drive 178miles each way to see another consultant for me, going straight after weigh in. How are you doing my lovely?

So onto food....

B- pear and a grapefruit. Milky coffee hxa
L- jkt potato a small tin beans with a bag of ready prepped coleslaw mix and 2tbsp of xlight mayo and 1ww yogurt.
D- 2oranges a pear a Hifi bar hxb 2ww yogurts a bag snack jacks and shared 3 jumbo caramel snack jacks with my dog.

15 syn day

I could probably list my Mum's meds, but it'd take a while lol! And like yours, I assume, it is in no way controlled, just dampened by the meds. Nothing will ever take it away :(
Liquid morphine is hard core stuff. I can't even imagine!
I've heard a lot of times that it is very hard work to get a proper diagnosis and help for the likes of autism. Must be an absolute nightmare?! Lots of forms and hoop jumping?!

Where do you have to travel to for the consultant? That's a hell of a trip!!

I'm doing ok-ish. Got sent home from work after a whole 20mins today :eek: Not had a day off sick since I went back just under 2 months ago. Feel awful about it!

Good luck tomorrow.xx

Hi hun. I hope the consultant trip wasn't too awful. Glad Luke has been rubber stamped too. It is a big help to say this is his diagnosis, it gives people a bit of a head start in understanding any issues that might arise, and a relief for you that he will be looked after after you've gone. Not that you are going anywhere any time soon. Oh I'm a little ray of sunshine aren't i! Anyway I hope today went ok and good luck for tomorrow

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been swollen, what a week, Wednesday morning weigh in saw a 1/2lb gain which will be the constipation, still no movement. Wednesday after slimming was the big trip up north past Manchester to return home late that night having eaten 7 krispy kreme donuts, and nothing else all day,whoops! Upon our return was a letter from solicitor saying the "other" side have requested I attend 5 more appointments including more up north, so 7 more yet again. Grrr. Yesterday I felt so bloated from the constipation I struggled to eat and had a banana and orange all day, a appointment at the geriatrics unit for the falls clinic for them to assess my falls and find ways to help, they did loads of tests and whilst most falls are due to my condition, they discovered my blood pressure drops dramatically when I stand. So now got to wear support stockings should my legs tolerate it. Then we had a lovely fajitas and refried beans I didn't have wraps but used baby gem lettuce instead and it was fab! Today was shopping with my carer followed by seeing my pain management clinic. My youngest got sent home ill so that kinda derailed us a bit. Upon arriving home we had all the shopping away and a cuppa to discuss what to make, and my carer made a big pot of quorn sausage jambalaya which is full of super free and a scan bran trifle 8 syns in total and a fab raspberry roulade which is heavenly for 1/2 syn in total for it. And I've eaten loads tonight including a pack of caramel snack a jacks. So heb was magic pancakes with fruit and hea of milk. I'm totally shattered and still awaiting a visit to the bathroom. How is everyone?? Xxx

Wow! Eventful! The less you eat the less movement there will be unfortunately, lots of fibre and lots of water and things will move. Make sure you get up a bit at a time. I often get low blood pressure, when I was pregnant I'd sit up, wait a bit, move my legs down, wait a bit, then get up and wait again before moving. I get bad when tired, I just to just fall backwards, now Nate sleeps it's not so bad. The leg squishers must suck with the nerve pain. Keep eating often and drinking lots and things will move. All else fails eat something a bit iffy! Lol

Oh no! Your bum is still broken?! :( Really hope things start moving soon! Hopefully all the superfree will help a bit.

Zomg Krispy Kreme's *drool*

Why does the "other side" want you to attend so many appointments? Do they not believe your conditions/diagnosis?!

Hope the stockings will help. Can't imagine how sexy they must be ;) They thought I was having low blood pressure "attacks" but turns out I generally have the low side of normal blood pressure and seen as I can get dizzy/lightheaded whenever really they kinda ditched that idea. One of the things I'm being investigated for is an insulinoma, which could cause these spells after eating. But it doesn't always happen after eating and my blood sugar isn't low.... Think they're grasping at straws there. Well, hopefully like!!

Hope your youngest isn't too ill and y'all have a nice weekend.xx

Hi all, bum still not completely fixed, but has made a small effort last night and this morning. Let's hope it carries on. Gp says it's the morphine switching my bowel off and once he's checked with the pain clinic it's ok then he's going to prescribe me sodium picosulphate , it will be like a nuclear bomb going off down there. Hubby is cooking beef for lunch and I'm actually hungry which makes a change. Yesterday was a banana and orange for breakfast, veg stir fry and last bit of 1/2 syn roulade, tea was 1/3 of scan bran trifle full of fruit, plus a pear a banana and 2 satsumas with heb alpen light bars hea milk and a packet of caramel snack jacks 10syn day. Xxx

Even low level pain meds can cause bums to stop working, so can't imagine what yours must be like!! I even get it from taking the likes of paracetamol and NSAID's! :confused:
Don't envy you a nuclear explosion. But might eventually make you feel a bit better once the ring of fire eases off ;) xx

A national health warning is released, incase you didn't watch the lunchtime news, I thought I would warn you I have got to collect the anti war head medication at 3 and am not afraid to use it later, :)

How are you?? I shall try catch up with everyone later, been a very sleepy weekend, then last night saw the biggest flare up I've had lately and am in agony, first to shower and get dressed ready for the big world adventure to Tesco and the drs
Yesterday was a sleep and eat day all on plan 10 syns.

B was a banana and orange and activia.
L was roast beef carrots cabbage leek parsnips roast potato followed by last of scan bran trifle 3syn plus 2, for gravy.
D was half big ltr of rice pudding made with unsweetened almond milk a dollop of jam 4.5syn. A fruit platter. A ww yogurt. Heb 2 alpen lights. Half roulade .5 syn. Hea milk

So far today.
B was banana and orange and activia.
L half roulade 1/2 syn plus 2 Clementine and a banana.
Thinking dinner may be fruit platter from Asda I have left plus rice pudding and jam with 2 Hifi lights heb and milk hea
Unless Tesco leads me astray. Xxxx

Hahahaha!! Good luck!! Maybe you should tell local government or something so they can set up a blast zone ;)

I'm tiiiired!! Have had awful, awful restless nights and crazy dreams and stuff. Absolutely knackered!! Think it's linked to work and coursework stress :rolleyes:

Hope the trip to Tesco and the Dr's went well and wasn't too stressful or painful.

You are seriously shifting some fruit at the moment!! I fear for your family ;) xx

Back