my first ever diary

Well done on your loss hun. It can be hard because people mean well and don't want to think of others being in pain, physical or otherwise. Let us know when your bum blows! Mines dropped to once a week which can't be normal for the amount of veg I eat ;)

Hello. Gosh what a week I've had. Long long story but mum has gone back to her abusive twisted husband and it's not going down well. On top of that I had another medical miles away Thursday and had a bad day with pain through the roof and serious feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday we had friends for dinner so I tried to rest all day and planned to be good! Hubby made 3 slimming world curries lamb Rogan Josh, chicken jalfreze, and chicken tikka masala. It was a good evening, but they brought round homemade wine and I got very merry and we drank it all then red wine and a bottle of port with cheeses and dried figs and cheese biscuits and cherry liquors. It was a great night. But think I will end up paying for it come Wednesday. How is everyone? Had a result Friday but still had more left as still feel blocked, had another smaller one today, but still know there's more. Every day my b choice is prunes, and using syns on the rest in tin so having a tin full story every day plus laxatives and picosulphate. Drink stacks of bottled water every day I must drink 3 ltrs of water. Xxx

Hello. Gosh what a week I've had. Long long story but mum has gone back to her abusive twisted husband and it's not going down well. On top of that I had another medical miles away Thursday and had a bad day with pain through the roof and serious feeling sorry for myself. Yesterday we had friends for dinner so I tried to rest all day and planned to be good! Hubby made 3 slimming world curries lamb Rogan Josh, chicken jalfreze, and chicken tikka masala. It was a good evening, but they brought round homemade wine and I got very merry and we drank it all then red wine and a bottle of port with cheeses and dried figs and cheese biscuits and cherry liquors. It was a great night. But think I will end up paying for it come Wednesday. How is everyone? Had a result Friday but still had more left as still feel blocked, had another smaller one today, but still know there's more. Every day my b choice is prunes, and using syns on the rest in tin so having a tin full story every day plus laxatives and picosulphate. Drink stacks of bottled water every day I must drink 3 ltrs of water. Xxx

Just wanted to check in and see how you are :)
I'm sure your mum has reasons, but that is awful! Why would she do that to herself??

The curries sound lovely! Well done to Mr Louby! Sounds like a rather good night ;)

Glad the bum has started working a bit. It sounds horrendous tho :( xx

Hi all!

Been a very mixed week, bum still playing up, drs given me more drugs still very hit and miss, very low week personally and struggling with depression hence my absence, even struggling with answering the phone. On a good note, my social worker has reassessed my care needs and I'm awaiting confirmation but am going to get more hours, mixed feelings but overall I know I need them. Stuck with plan 100% but did gain 1/2 lb on Wednesday, I guess Saturday was to blame, but it was worth it. How are you all? Am heading to your threads to catch up. Xx

Oh no what a day! Hubby made a non SW lunch Fed up of me not going to the bathroom, he made roast beef etc and choc sponge and choc custard. I felt off and niggling all day, now I know why, my carer had a sick bug last weekend, seems I have caught it, feels so painful I haven't had one like this for years..... I hate being sick too..... thank God hubby is so lovely at times like this..... Hope I recover soon , I am going to try sleep it off. Xxx

Hey dude!
How're you doing? Not answering the phone is one of my things too. My phone is always on silent and I'm a bugger to get in touch with unless you text or email me ;) People are finally realising that lol! Takes me a lot to make a phone call too. It's hard though isn't it because it is necessary to have phone calls :eek:

Hope you're feeling a bit better and the bug has gone? As if you need that on top of everything! xx

Hey dude!
How're you doing? Not answering the phone is one of my things too. My phone is always on silent and I'm a bugger to get in touch with unless you text or email me ;) People are finally realising that lol! Takes me a lot to make a phone call too. It's hard though isn't it because it is necessary to have phone calls :eek:

Hope you're feeling a bit better and the bug has gone? As if you need that on top of everything! xx

Still feeling rough but 100 times better than last night. I've not been sick like that for as long as I remember. Still coming out the other end, and the stomach cramps are like Labour pains. Still can't face food, had a twix earlier as one of my drugs can't be taken without food and a twix was literally all I could stomach, took ages to eat it too.

I completely agree regarding phone etc, I'm getting like it with everything letters, post etc it just stresses me out. I'm going to try get some sleep, last night I hardly left the bathroom. xx

That sounds horrendous! I must admit I don't get tummy bugs very often so when I do it feels like the end of the world. They're horrible aren't they?!
In a non-mean way, at least you're getting a good old clear out! That's what I'd be thinking if it were me :eek: Lol! Just hope you're ok and recover from it quickly.

It's just not nice being bombarded with people trying to contact you is it? I need my space!! Sometimes I don't answer a text or email straight away either. Eeek! We're so antisocial ;)

Hope you get some sleep tonight.xx

That sounds horrendous! I must admit I don't get tummy bugs very often so when I do it feels like the end of the world. They're horrible aren't they?!
In a non-mean way, at least you're getting a good old clear out! That's what I'd be thinking if it were me :eek: Lol! Just hope you're ok and recover from it quickly.

It's just not nice being bombarded with people trying to contact you is it? I need my space!! Sometimes I don't answer a text or email straight away either. Eeek! We're so antisocial ;)

Hope you get some sleep tonight.xx

Yep it was awful, however I still feel bunged up, although I had terrible water explosions nothing solid came out, beginning to wonder if there was anything there in the first place. But that being said my lower tummy still feels rock solid inside basically lower than my belly button. I havnt been sick like that for years so was a huge shock. No output of any type today so non the wiser.

Yes my depression has made me very antisocial, weird as prior to my accident I was the life and soul of the party and was the mother hen to everyone, I can honestly say I've lost a lot of so called friends since, and I don't miss one.

Today I've rested in bed till lunch then had a eye test, all ok except my eyes are bone dry so got to use eye drops. Food wise I decided to have magic pancakes with berries for breakfast. My carer bought some polish doughnuts so had one for lunch with a cup of tea followed by roast beef and gravy mash carrots cabbage and leeks. Was stuffed so milky coffee and bed for me.

Weigh in tomorrow morning, got to then travel up north for a medical so will be a long day. Already got salad and some meat from the deli counter some fruit and I'm sorted, fancy jam on toast for breakfast so going to grab a slice before we go and I'm told it's new magazine week so will have some reading material to pick up.

How are you? Xxx

Hey!
Oh no, can't believe you still feel bunged up!! Would have hoped you'd have had a good ol' clear out :(
I know you have had a billion tests and medicals and stuff, but have they talked about investigating this? I understand it's most likely due to the meds you're on, but would it be worth checking to see if you have something else going on too? Could be gall bladder, liver, intestinal stricture/narrowing, IBS, etc... Not trying to scare you, but you sound pretty sensible and informed :) Just worried about you is all!

I think sometimes with communication for me it's who it is and what they want lol! I've never been overly sociable and I do quite like my own space and spending time at home with the animals and watching films. But it's definitely worse when I'm stressed and it has gotten worse with new illness too. I guess it's a coping mechanism really? I've had some ups and downs with my friends over the last year, but I have a small group of close friends who have been through all sorts with me and I would really hope I have them for life now. When I was super depressed I lost a few friends tho :( And my so called best friend has fallen off the face of the planet - so much so, as far as he knows I'm still off work, still under investigation, and the last time I spoke to him I talked about them looking for tumours *shrug* It's sad losing friends, it really, is, but shows you who are the real ones eh?!

How did WI go? Really hope the trip up for the medical went ok and you're not too stressed. Sounds exhausting tho!!xx

Hiya! Thanks cheekychinchilla appreciate the support and that you care enough to worry. I had my gallbladder out 4 years ago, hopefully the blood tests from last week will be in tomorrow so find out if my liver kidney and thyroid are working plus he was checking for vit d etc.

Still got the runs this morning but still water I'm wondering if it's just bypassing the hard stuff, last Thursdays chillies I ate came out earlier, I know this as my bum was on fire just like my mouth did when I ate the last week, so I'm a week behind now instead of 3.

I've got to ring tomorrow as I'm out of sodium picosulphate and can't have that!

Yesterday was hell, the guy is for the other side, he saw me quite a while ago and wrote a report full of lies. So after the same nicey nicey caring worried gentle Dr examination he went to say goodbye and I snapped, so I told him he was trying to destroy my life with lies and I wasn't putting up with it. Then hubby chipped in, look mate is your £2000 pay check each examination really worth selling my wife and our families lives down the the river, just think about it,he was so shocked we dared have a go, we were not rude, we never raised our voices but we said the truth which he's never done!

We laughed coming home with the stupidity of it we'll get accused of intimidation of a witness now lol. I suspect his report will be more damaging than last time. But the truth will out I'm sure.

Totally knackered today but had my usual physiological appointment at the hospital this afternoon, my carer took me into aldi lidl poundland and m&s to pick up things to try and discovered. Lidl do a mint choc chip yogurt and it's 1/2 syn it's gorgeous frozen for a few hours!

Did have a krispy kreme blow out yesterday ate 6 and a banana nothing else as felt sick again. But weigh in was good I lost 3 got my st and now have lost 15.5 lb in 8 weeks which I'm so pleased with and I'm 1/6 of the way now got just about 5 1/2 st to loose left.

Meals today

B magic pancakes heb with whole orange blueberries raspberries and banana.
L banana and a rhubarb custard m&s sweet 1/2 syn
D mince and onions with gravy 4 syn mash and Swede carrots and mange tout followed by mint choc chip ice cream 1/2 syn yogurt.

Hea milk and 5 syns may have 2 mini eggs so 10 syn day

How are you cheekychinchilla I shall pop over to your thread. Xxx

Hope the blood tests come back ok. Or at least with some answers! If you know what I mean?

Ouch about the chillies!! Can't believe your digestion has slowed so much, that's unbelievable! And sounds awful too :(

That Dr sounds charming!! Glad you had your say and let him know you wouldn't let him take the p*ss. I can't believe how some Dr's are though. He probably doesn't even have interest in the case, he's just a horrible man!!
I really hope your case starts to look better though. Can't believe all that's happened!

The mint choc chip yogurt sounds nice! Don't suppose you noticed if it was veggie? I'm always on the look out for new yogurts :)

Well done on the loss :D That's a great loss for two months!! Hope it continues for you.

Ooof about the donuts tho. But they're so nice!!!x

Just seeing if you're ok :) xx

Hi, I've had a rough few weeks, I can now say I'm not constipated, not one just gone but last weekend I got another bout of sickness and the other. Since then I don't seem to be keeping much in, including my slow release medication and it's been hell trying to cope with the pain and the sporadic dts. On top of that I gained 21/2lbs in sw how I don't understand but it's really got to me and I feel so disillusioned by my situation. How I gained I don't understand why as I was really very good. Accidental fast day today as the squits returned in time for me to visit yet another legal expert for another report this time 11/2hrs away so eating wasn't a option. Anyway enough about me how are you? Xxx

Hey!
Well I'm very glad that you're no longer constipated. But I'm sorry about why!!
It sounds awful. Must have been horrific not having your pain meds working!!

I'm not entirely sure on the scientific background of this, but a lot of people do comment that an upset tummy will have your body desperately trying to cling on to fluids, so could technically cause a gain. I'm not sure how reliable that is tho lol!
I wish I could explain your gains - and mine! Because they make no sense :(

I'm a bit up and down to be honest, but doing ok :) x

Back