my first gain :(

my_girl

Im on holiday at the moment at my mums in south wales but decided to go and ge weighed at a local class near her yesterday to keep me on track.

i had a 0.5lb gain!! Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but im really dissapointed and am gutted my book has a + in it :mad:!!!!

How does eveyone get over a gain? x

Well done for weighing in on holiday. I know it's horrible having a gain, but just think how much more horrible it would have been to not realise what that extra holiday food was doing til you came back. I bet you'll be taking back control for the rest of the holiday now to get back on track.

Besides - half a pound while on holiday isn't bad at all. EVERYONE puts on at least that on holiday, even skinny minnies who don't weigh themselves every week and follow an eating plan do. It's the relaxing thing xx

Och sweety dont worry about it, i have at least two gains and loads of sts! As long as i know why it happened i dont worry too much about it cos i know i can do it differently the following week. Im expecting one this week with star week. I find those the most demoralising cos i gain even when im good!!

Don't beat yourself up about it, 1/2 is nothing, draw a line under it and stick to plan, I bet you have a loss next week:cool:

Half a pound is the tiniest gain you could possibly get! I try to use a gain as a motivation to lose more the next week than I gained that week so that over the two weeks I still average a loss!

I had my first gain 4 weeks ago and was gutted by it, even though I knew the reasons why. I made sure I got back on track the next week and since then I've been back on plan completely and it seems to have kick started the weight loss again. In the 3 weeks since I've lost 10 lbs. I think a small gain you can lose immediately the following week. Enjoy the rest of your holiday and well done for weighing in somewhere else. That proves how motivated you are to succeed.

It's a totally different set of scales, you might not have gained anything at all! No two sets of scales are identical, not even calibrated SW ones!

Im on holiday at the moment at my mums in south wales but decided to go and ge weighed at a local class near her yesterday to keep me on track.

i had a 0.5lb gain!! Not a huge amount in the grand scheme of things but im really dissapointed and am gutted my book has a + in it :mad:!!!!

How does eveyone get over a gain? x

My book has gains in it, maintains and lots of losses and at the end of the day they add up to a 9stone 6lb weight loss thats what matters not fluctuations due to holidays/celebrations etc along the way. Don't be hard on yourself enjoy your holidays and get back on track when you can.
I also agree that scales can vary!

It's a totally different set of scales, you might not have gained anything at all! No two sets of scales are identical, not even calibrated SW ones!

Good thinking !!!!

i know exactly how you feel, i had my first gain last tuesday, 1.5lbs and i was soooo pee'd off at myself cos i was only 1.5lbs away from my 1.5stone award - and i bloody love getting stickers!! But i've drawn a line under it and put it down to the universe thinking i needed a kick up the bum! So now my bum is kicked i feel even more dedicated to losing this week, i want to lose my gain and a bit more on top. i do NOT want another + in my book!!! Grrr!

Back