My first LL class as a Locum

Hi Laura - what a great thing to do! Those LLers have loads to learn from you. Also, feeling nervous before a class should fade gradually as you do more of it. I used to worry so much about teaching or performing but now it hardly bothers me at all. By the time you are a full LLC you should have loads of experience and confidence. Go you!

Hello everyone - sorry I never seem to get time to come on minis at the weekend so I missed all your posts until this morning.

Hi Mrs L - I am just at the end of RtM at the moment - on week 11 going into week 12 this Thursday.
So far so good - I still have to keep a strong reign on myself and at the moment I am calorie counting until I feel more comfortable with portion sizes and food choices. I know that is sort of against the ethos of LL RtM (i.e. that you should "feel" your way) but right now, for me, structure is essential. I weigh 1lb more than when I started RtM, so although I was hoping to lose more whilst in managment, I have to say I am happy to have maintained my weight. I intend to lose up to a stone more over the coming months by just keeping my calories low and making sensible choices.

Thank Geri - I am having a ball and really enjoying the new job !

Hi Blonde - If you knew me back in April when I started LL - you would not recognise me at all now. Not just physically either. In fact I think the physical change has been the more minor of consquences of the programme. I am more confident in every way. I can't advocate the programme strongly enough for those reasons. The client that walks out of our doors at the end of RtM is a completely different animal to the client who slunk into their first foundation group. It is beautiful to watch and I am very priviledged to see this as part of my career. Gives me the warm fuzzies every time.

I think the greater majority of LLC's have done the programme. Funnily enough though, mine hasn't (her mother did). The feedback I have had from groups so far has been that clients have enjoyed being in contact with me because I have done the programme first and foremost - so I think you have a point there. However, as far as I know, even if a counsellor hasn't done the programme, as part of their training, they have to go into abstinence for 2 weeks minimum to experience ketosis for themselves.

Thanks for the advice zomble, the nerves are beginning to die down already, its nice to know that they will fade even further with more experience.

Thanks for the interest everyone,
love
Laura

My ex-LLC (she is still one but I've swapped to CD) hadn't done the programme - she said she did it for about 10 days but she wasn't allowed to do for any longer than that. Not surprising really being as she's a size 6 at the biggest - possible smaller. I told her she should tell people that she has done it and that she used to be huge - it'd entice people through the door!

MM x

Back