My first visit!

tommyj

Hi everyone,

I started Lipotrim yesterday and so far, not finding it too bad. Im a 25 year old and 17 stone. Im looking to get to about 12.5 stone. Got a friend on the diet who has had gooooood success, hence my reason for being on it :).

Few questions though....

1) I like to go to the pub to watch the football etc and wondered if diet lemonade/coke is ok in moderation or do I order bottled water?

2) Any tips for making shakes taste a little better (eg coffee)?

Been checking out some posts over the last couple of days, so thought it was time I regsistered!

Look forward to speaking with you all over the coming weeks!

Tom

no diet drinks allowed unfortinatly,i suggest adding coffee to the vanilla shakes 2 make a sweet coffee,also ice cold water to all the shakes.

Just Water - No Lemonade/ Diet Coke . You Can Have Sparkling Water !

Good Luck x

1) I like to go to the pub to watch the football etc and wondered if diet lemonade/coke is ok in moderation or do I order bottled water?
Still or sparkling water, no lemon/lime

2) Any tips for making shakes taste a little better (eg coffee)?
Some coffee in the vanilla & choc is OK, strawberry for me is nicest.

TFR is harsh, there isn't any real grey area on what you can have. The plastic bag is a reminder of what you can have. Running the risk of knocking yourself out of ketosis isn't a good idea imo.

Sorry if that sounds a tad bleak, but it is what it is - a very boring diet but it does work.

Welcome to the wonders of Liptrim Tom and to the forum:wave_cry:. It may take a while for you to get used to the 'no fizzy pop' thing and to adjust to the harshness of the diet but the rewards are well worth the sacrifice.

I would advise against any trips to the pub for a week or two until you know you can comfortably resist all the temptations. Also, beware of well-meaning pals that try to tempt you with that ol' "just one won't hurt" Chestnut as it will indeed hurt and undoe all your hard work. Also, when in a pub, make sure they don't put a slice of lemon or lime in your water. That's a huge no-no too.

As for the shakes, I am really loving Mocha, (chocolate shake with a spoon of coffee and sweetner) and plain iced coffee (vanilla and coffee with sweetner). The key to these is 'ice'. It seems to make such a diference when it's lovely and cold and I make it up to a pint so it is quite satisfying.

Make sure you have your full quota of water too, and the crack is to sip it through out the day and not just neck in one go!

Well, that's all Auntie's top tips! Very best of luck. Keep logging on here for inspiration and encouragement and let us all now how you are doing. xXx

Thanks for all your replies guys.
Just got back from the pub and managed absolutly fine on water - happy days!!

Although they did put a slice of lemon in, I took it out quite quickly - hope thats not ruined it!

Look forward to sharing experiences :).

Tom

Hi Tommy,

welcome to the forum and good luck, the first few days have, in my experience, been the worst. The citric acid in lemon/lime/orange will take you out of ketosis, so avoid at all costs!! If its only day 2 you are most likely not in ketosis so I don't think it would have affected you (I'm not an expert on that though)
Diet drinks are definitely not allowed!!! (I'd love Coke Zero but its a small price to pay when you start seeing the results!!)
I would definitely recommend a big spoon of instant coffee in either the vanilla or chocolate shakes, with really cold water it is delicious!!
Drink peppermint or regular tea (you are allowed tablet sweetners but no spoonable ones) do not drink any berry or flower teas (no camomille or jasmine)
The soup can be nice when its cold, but the flapjacks were not to my taste (thats putting it mildly!) but u never know maybe you will enjoy them.
My big advice to you: DRINK lots of water, I always aim for 3l a day, not including coffee. Apart from helping you keep hydrated, adequate water intake will prevent you from retaining water.
I had terrible trouble in week 4 with toilet matters and now I take a dulcolax when needs be...u may think this is extreme but just be prepared for a rough ride in the bathroom if yu don't drink lots of water!!!
I wish you all the very best and please keep us up to date with your journey!

Welcome Tommy and the best of luck on your journey. You will knock off that weight in no time. I agree with everything electricsheep and arntyjax have said. There is no half measures with TFR. It really is all or nothing. Commit to it and stick with it and you will not be disappointed. Use your time on TFR to reflect on your eating habits. The whys, hows and whens of your eating habits. Get a notebook out and be brutally honest with yourself. TFR is only the start of your journey as you cannot return to your old habits!! The weeks on TFR will help break some of those habits and hopefully help you form some new ones like drinking water all day long!!! It really does help keep the hunger at bay.
Best of luck.

welcome to the forum hun. im on my 2nd day now. its tough but the results r great. my mum lost 4stone in under 4 mths.

good luck on ur journey hun

xox

Just wanted to say hi and welcome Tom. I agree with what everyone has said above. Log on here for any advice or just a kick up the bum when needed, it really is a lifesaver. Good luck and I look forward to seeing your weigh in results!

Back