My first week but have a question

temo

Hi everybody,
I started S&S (my first ever VLCD) on Tuesday with the samples pack.
Can you mix having 4 packs some days and 3 packs with a meal on other days?
Also my sample packs will lead me up until Monday but as its a Bank Holiday on the Tuesday I don't think I can get a next day delivery!
What would everyone suggest I do/eat on the Tuesday until my new packs arrive?
Thanks guys :)

temo_gemo said:
Hi everybody,
I started S&S (my first ever VLCD) on Tuesday with the samples pack.
Can you mix having 4 packs some days and 3 packs with a meal on other days?
Also my sample packs will lead me up until Monday but as its a Bank Holiday on the Tuesday I don't think I can get a next day delivery!
What would everyone suggest I do/eat on the Tuesday until my new packs arrive?
Thanks guys :)

Yes you can swap between 3 and a meal, and 4, altho on the days you only have 3 packs you must have a multi vitamin. Can you do 3 packs a day to allow yourself enough packs til Wednesday? Or have you taken that into account?

Yes you can swap between 3 and a meal, and 4, altho on the days you only have 3 packs you must have a multi vitamin. Can you do 3 packs a day to allow yourself enough packs til Wednesday? Or have you taken that into account?
Thanks for that :)
Unfortunately I don't, completely forgot about the bank holiday and thought I would have enough to last

I'd do a day or two with 2 packs, and two meals of chicken and veg, 100g chicken 200g veg x 2 and multi-vit you should be fine as it would only be two days and I reckon you will still stay in ketosis, if worried just have 100g veg with each meal..... just a suggestion....

I'd do a day or two with 2 packs, and two meals of chicken and veg, 100g chicken 200g veg x 2 and multi-vit you should be fine as it would only be two days and I reckon you will still stay in ketosis, if worried just have 100g veg with each meal..... just a suggestion....
Thats great, thank you! :)

I've lost 8lbs so far and not even a week in so I was a little worried of ruining that!

It's just the carbs you have to watch that take you out of ketosis, the amount of chicken and veg equates to about 200cals, so you will be taking in about 662 if you do 2xchicken and veg and two packs so a little over cals but you have a good chance of staying in ketosis until your packs come in :) I'm suprised no moderators have posted saying this is a bad suggestion lol but its much better than reintroducing carbs and starting back at the start again :) good luck let me know if it works??

it would only be for two days..... meh how much damage could that do? as long as she has vit tab.... but i bow down to advice of moderators :)

If you haven't factored in a bar every day you could maybe pop to Tesco and get some of their Ultra Slim bars, or the Biggest Loser Meal Replacement bars that you could use as a substitute for one of the packs to tide you over?

BordersGirl said:
If you haven't factored in a bar every day you could maybe pop to Tesco and get some of their Ultra Slim bars, or the Biggest Loser Meal Replacement bars that you could use as a substitute for one of the packs to tide you over?

Hiya thanks for this, i have 9 packs and 1 bar left so this could do the trick!

Starlight said:
If you have 9 packs Id have either 3 a day and a meal Sat/Sun/Mon or 3 packs plus a Tesco or Biggest Loser Bar. Definitely a far better option than just having 2 :)

Thank you but what about Tuesday?
With it being the bank holiday I don't think I could get a next day delivery so I'm expecting to get my new packs on the Wednesday.
I would probably have to do x2 packs, x1 Tesco/Biggest Loser Bar and a meal.
Does that sound okay?

temo_gemo said:
With it being the bank holiday I don't think I could get a next day delivery so I'm expecting to get my new packs on the Wednesday.
Does that sound okay?

Don't forget that as Tuesday is a bank holiday, if you order now, it won't even get collected til Wednesday? Or have they been dispatched already

temo_gemo said:
Does that sound okay?

I was thinking your packs were arriving on Tues. Doh! Yes that soundsca good option

Have you ordered though? As BG says if you haven't next day delivery might be Thurs

Starlight said:
I was thinking your packs were arriving on Tues. Doh! Yes that soundsca good option

Have you ordered though? As BG says if you haven't next day delivery might be Thurs

Except that was me that said that lol ;)

I haven't ordered yet, wanted to try all the samples!
I completely forgot about that! Doh

Think I will just have to behave over the coming days then, have lost 9lbs so far so I'm really happy.

So you have 9 packs and a bar and need to stay on track until Thursday (order Wed am at the latest for next day delivery). So you need 3 packs per day (with a protein meal) so for 5 days you need 15 packs. So buy 5 bars from Tesco and that will make up the 15 packs. It means that you have to have 2 bars on 1 day but that's not a disaster as long as one of those bars is the S&S bar because the carbs in those are pretty low compared to the other bars. That's the best suggestion I can offer :)

Hi there. Not sure where abouts you live but a few people are selling there leftover s&s shakes on eBay. Maybe u may be able to collect. But failing that what about the diet shakes you can buy in chemists. They more or less same as s&s and will see u over the tight spot x

Back