My first week on SW- anyone else feel like this?

Hiya hon

I am off for my first weigh in this evening and am kinda looking forward to it.

I think you need to bare in mind that 2lb loss when you were on a TOTM week is actually pretty good as most of your first weeks loss is generally water retention, which is exactly what totm causes to happen :)

So i would be willing to bet a fairly healthy sum of fruit ( thats all i have to bet with now lol) that you will have a better week next week when you do nothing different.

Dont under any cirumstances go hungry as you will go into starvation mode and will then put on weight.

if you are hungry its your body telling you it needs food to keep the metabolism burning

Trust me on this :)

Go to the kitchen or a shop and pick up a bag of sugar - that's how much weight you've lost this week! Puts it into perspective doesn't it?

I lost 3lbs on my first week - less than some of the others who've posted on this thread - but that was the first three of the 101lbs I ended up losing! So remember it's not how many pounds you start off by losing that's important but how many you end up losing. :)

Well I did lose but only 2lb. Was hoping for more in my first week but I think I might have been overfilling myself to stop myself reaching for the snacks. Will try better....

Jojojo - 2lb is an excellent loss! Well done!!! Think positively, you weigh 2lb less that you did this time last week and you haven't gone hungry!! xx

Wise words, it is too easy to think about the big loss - I have a lot of weight to shift and sometimes get down when I only loose a lb or 2, but as you say take it week by week and remember that you never need to go hungry. Slow and steady wins the race!

If you hadn't started slimming world and lost 2lb you may have put on 2lb!!!! Better off than on :D

I'm in my first week too, I started on Monday so I've still to get my first weigh in. If I lose 2lbs I would be well chuffed, because my head is saying 'how can you eat all this and lose weight????'

Have you ever came across any other eating plan that allows you to eat so much and never be hungry? I haven't most other ones I'm starving - no wonder I lose weight on them but I dont stick to it.

So, well done and pat yourself on the back :0clapper:

Hi all, I am back to my positive self now and somehow forgot that totm might have affected me when I was being weighed! If I keep losing even a little is in the right direction and I had a look at what 2lb feels like- it's quite impressive!

BTW Paul, congrats on your first week, looks like SW is working well for you too x

Back