My first weeks weigh in :)

That's great news, especially as you are having a meal as well. what are you on? i am on "shake That Weight"

wow...I hope for that too!

I have my first weight in too, good luck xD

Hey... It's very good to hear your weight loss. But nutrition experts are recommending maximum 3 pounds of weight loss in a week. Sorry to say, 12 pounds of weight loss in a week is not at all recommended, so try to maintain a healthy weight loss. Try to make small changes in your diet and working outs, don't be disappoint with your weight loss up and downs.
Good Luck.

Last edited:
Hello, as zophai said loosing 3 -4 lbs weight is recommended for good health. Loosing 12 lbs per week is not at all good for your health. Once consult your nutritionist and have a suggestion.Try to consume fiber rich foods that can help to reach your weight loss goal. Fiber act as a appetite suppressant and make you feel full. while consuming fiber foods drink more water and regular workouts are also helpful for weight loss.

Clearly neither of you have any knowledge of vlcds. Please don't give inaccurate information on a diet you don't understand

For those of you who are less aware of how VLCDs work a large loss in the first week is not at all unusual. That is because of of the weight lost is through the use of your glycogen stores which are kept in your liver. As a VLCD puts people into ketosis the glycogen stores are depleted and a certain amount of weight is lost because of that. That isn't dangerous and is infact expected.

If someone continued to lose 12 lbs a week then that would be a problem - even on a VLCD.

Yahh... Really I don't know much about vlcd. Here I have some queries, would you please clarify.
Is this a healthy weight loss to lose 12 lbs in a week?
Is asker's diet is healthy to maintain?
How many days one can with that (what exactly asker mentioned) diet?

ZophaiRoberts said:
Yahh... Really I don't know much about vlcd. Here I have some queries, would you please clarify.
Is this a healthy weight loss to lose 12 lbs in a week?
Is asker's diet is healthy to maintain?
How many days one can with that (what exactly asker mentioned) diet?

12 lbs in the first week is fine. After that it would be dangerous. That is because a good chunk of that is the depletion of the glycogen store - which only happens once at the start.

The diet is healthy. All of the vitamins/minerals/protein which your body needs is included in the packs.

The recommendation is that after 12 weeks you increase your calories for a week and then you can go back to the diet again. I did this type of diet for 11 months and lost over 9 stone. I finished well over a year ago and am currently 1 stone higher than I'd like so I'm back to take it off again.

Thanks Starlight - I guessed that but at least it means if anyone is thinking about the diet they won't be put off by this thread.

Also of that first weeks loss a lot of it is bodily waste and water loss. Your body can hold easily up to 10lbs of fecal matter and urine of which most of this is lost in the first few days of living on the shakes and flushing your system through with water.

I don't think anyone who actually reads up or signed up to a VLCD via a professional would be put off by those 2 folk who dont know what they are going on about, as they would be given this information by their supplier.

Well done on a great healthy first week a great boost to your weight loss. You must feel fantastic. Once you settle in to your diet things would probably even out a bit I would imagine. I don't know much about a VLCD but sounds good to me. Best of luck.

Back