My Fitness Pal

FluffyandAngry

Just wondering what everyones experience is of this site? I used it today to check the info for a grande skinny latte from Caffe Nero and it came up with 37g of carbs, Caffe Nero's own site says 14g. Who to believe! I want to believe the latter.

Id never believe mfp over a brands own website. You need to remember a large percentage of entries in mfp are created by members. One slip of a finger or misread label and the entry could be totally inaccurate

Problem with MFP is that the database is managed by members, members who can be wrong! Especially with sodium, most people just don't get the difference between salt/sodium and g/mg. If the official website gives nutritional info then that's going to be correct, not what a random person entered on MFP. I'm using it to track my S&S days when I have protein meals and I'm constantly having to check the nutritional info on packs and update them. Look for entries that have got more confirmations, usually there are quite a few entries for one item.

Like the others have said, on the whole it is very good but like all such things it is open to errors due to how info is inputted on it. I use it a lot and love it, but you need to make sure you search for the 'correct' entry as there can often be lots and some come with variations, such as a costa primo coffee- there are skinny variations and syrup variations. The MFP creator do try and delete incorrect entries but it can take a while. Some of the entries re made by members, such asmy homemade mince pies- I had no idea they would come up on other peoples MFP but they do!

Okay, thanks everyone! Didn't know that random people could create entries. Yay I can still have my weekly Caffe Nero fix then.

Back