My food diary - starting week 4

Hello

Feeling full today... In fact I'm actually feeling bloated - I've had bread - bad move - body can't hack it any more lol will stick to HiFi in future :)

Was at uni today and was proud of myself for not caving to the student 'pub' lunch deals - tho they are yummy

Plus I was up at half 9 - yay me

Ok so

B - apple

L - bacon
Apple
Banana
Toffee muller light
Babybel snack pack - did not know they existed but 2 babybels in a wee pack yum(HEXA)

D - meat free burgers (1syn)
Wholemeal rolls (HEXB + 3.5syns)
Cheese ( 3.5 syns)
Ketchup ( 3 syns)
Roasties (SW)
Carrots

S - milkybar mini ( 3syns)

Total syns - 13

Was actually too full to have my muller light after dinner - still feel full
Didn't have enough veg with dinner as it was over boiled and yucky

Mum experimented with backing today
Managed 2.5 syn cupcakes which were nice
But 3 types of 'cream' (WW, evaporated milk, and quark) left a lot to be desired. The quark was the nicest tbh - strongly flavoured with orange
Pavlova was ok but didn't rise very well

Gonna try and make buns the normal way with low fat margarine - mum thinks she can get 24 buns - if so it will make them 3.25 syns each (plain no topping ofc) - I'm thinking she could add raisins .... Wonder how many syns

Will try syn free pancakes soon and jelly sweets/ Turkish delight

Still no exercise done have been a lazy bum again!!!

Leia x

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3294280701.jpg
    image-3294280701.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 30
Hiya :)

Thought i would drop by as i read your diary and think you are doing well logging everything!

Have you started the C25k yet? Its genuinely really good - i am doing week 4 run 1 tonight, and although the first run of each week is hard it is definately getting easier as i go through.

I know its tough studying and slimming at the same time too - am currently doing my postgrad diploma in marketing (having completed undergrad a few years ago) and i think when you are studying it is really hard to not snack so well done!!

My trick is chopping up lots of fruit to munch on- then i don't feel so hungry but can still snack on healthy stuff.

Will be by soon to see how its going - keep up the good work!

Diane xx

Just rtf and dropping in to say Hi. Well done for yesterday's food - when I was your age my last thoughts were what food went down my throat! lol. Of course, that's the reason I'm struggling with my weight now. :rolleyes:

I've tried all sorts of recipes to make a "cream" type topping and the best I've come up with so far is adding sweetener to total 0% greek style yogurt. I use about a teaspoon of sweetener to every tablespoon of yoghurt. Mix it up at least half hour before you use it and I think it tastes a bit like a dream topping kind of dessert. It certainly doesn't have the cheesy or yoghurty taste that every other receipe I've tried seems to have. Its a bit pricey but I think its worth it - may have to try some of the cheaper greek style yoghurts and see if they are as good.

Hello peeps
So had a bit of a blip today :( close to my weigh in - I know!

But thats later...
Firstly, absolutely dying today with back pains. Was in a bad car accident in august and have had bad whiplash since but. It's been manageable with painkillers. However putting on thee olde over the shoulder boulder holder ( as my stepdad likes to call them lol) this morning did something and now it's so sore!
Lying here with a heat pad on it now so hope it eases it.

So no, not C25K yet :( I'm actually looking forward to starting it as I have the wee app and all ready, tech geek that I am lol

Managed to work out that mums buns will be 4syns each,5 with icing - which is well worth it :)

Lab report is finished now as of last night wooooooo!
Just revision now. 2weeks left eek

So had to go into uni today and watch the presentation we gave, 3 or 4weeks ago.... Was awful watching myself - felt about a million stone.

Anyway some of us went for lunch after, but they wanted pub lunch. I had chicken goujons and boiled rice, no sauce. Best thing I could have had, and I only ate 2 of the three goujons. Still they were battered and this was bad!!! However I am proud of myself for having rice cause the meal come with really nice chippys.
Though the woman taking our order was a right b**** to me when I asked if I could have rice instead of chips ( they rice the menu in other dishes I might add, not like I was asking for something out of the realm of possibility). Anyway she goes ' what do you mean you want rice?' I was like ' rice, instead of chips' she was like 'well, why' I said ' cause I can't have chips' she goes ' WELL I'll write it down ( in a tone of disgust)... And stomped off' like what was her deal?!?
I got rice. It was nice. :)

Soooooo after that novel :p

B/L - fruit salad - apple, grapes and strawberries
2 boiled eggs
Vanilla muller light

L/D- chicken goujons and boiled rice
I know no veg but it was a pub lol

Was out all day at uni till 8pm ( sign language class at night)
But when got home

S - cheese on toast with worchester sauce ( HEXA, HEXB + 1.5 syns)
Bowl of grapes

Total syns - 1.5 plus the goujons which I don't know but I'm hoping they weren't more than 7 each..... Prob were :(
Tried to limit syns for rest of day obv tho
Have a bag of milky stars that I have resisted :)

Oh!!!
I have a NSV!!
I have had two uni friends this week say I'm looking slimmer but they know I am dieting...
So tonight at sign language the teacher ( who's deaf) signs to me ' have you lost weight, you look slim' I enthusiastically signed yes! She said I thought so :)
She didn't know I was dieting so yay!!

Anyway if anyone is still reading after that novel I just wrote, that is me for today :)

Tomorrows another day :)
Lx

Attachments

• image-3332462943.jpg
    image-3332462943.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 43
Hi Leia

You look to be doing really well. Like someone else has said, when I was a student I never even thought about what I ate - and that's when the first of my weight gains arrived. Didn't do anything about it until I was getting married and then lost 2 stone in a rush for the wedding.

So well done you for sorting it out now.

Having looked at all your diaries my only comment would be make sure you do eat 3 meals a day - no matter how late you get up - it really does help the weight loss. I'm one to talk mind - as I struggle to eat breakfast everyday, and can usually manage only a cup of tea and a small piece of fruit if I'm lucky.

Anyway, off to bed now (it's 3:30 here) as I have to be up at 9:00 tomorrow.

So keep up the good work!

So keeping it short today after yesterday lol
Bit of a bad day on the superfree front as my mum had nothing in so...

B - banana
HiFi mint :) (HEXB)

L- 3x eggs scrambled
Bacon

D 3x Quorn sausages
2x quorn nuggets ( 1 syn)
Garlic baby potatoes
Bit of beans and baken potato ( didn't like)
Two forkfuls of sweet potato ( off mums plate, to try, tastes like carrots :) )
Ketchup (1syn)
Cheese (HEXA)

S - have opened a bag of rainbow drops to give my little cousins some ( age 3 and 5) and can't resist them.... But at a whopping 10ish syns that will be me on the sun front for the rest of the night. Luckily it's a big bag so I'm trying to spread them out ... Not working but I'm not having any more syns today

Total syns 12

I'll prob be back on later
Oh and no pic cause the iPod was charging

L

Discovered that I now like pineapple
It's yummy
Hated it before - found it too sour

Think this shows my palette is being cleansed

Also tried some melon
Still yucky

But yay one more fruit to add to the list

And!
I'm still munching on rainbow drops!!
Perfect :)

Have had no more syns
But have had
Banana and pineapple

Woo
L

I'm the opposite- can't manage pineapple but love melon! Nom nom nom!!

I can't believe those treats are that many syns! They are so tiny!

Someone in my group suggested getting one of those small bags of buttons and freezing them- you've then got to suck them for ages before you can bite into them- making them last longer. Thought it was a fab tip so thought I would share :) going to do it this weekend when studying.

Hope you have a good day :)
Diane x

Weigh in today....

WoOoOoOoOo
3lb off :bunnydance:

Thats my stone off yay!!
total of 1st 2lb

food diary today - treat day for 1st -

Hifi bar (HEXB)
apple
chips from chip shop

this is all I've had so far as I've been in bed most of the day with my back
dragged myself to weigh in
so glad i did wooo

hope i can keep all of it off this week
will have to be good after the chips - 26syns i believe...
i also have a packet of milky stars (9syns) that i am tempted to eat... still deciding....

might force myself to eat a fruit salad to counter the chips a bit lol....

will probably be on again later
L

Congratulations Princess!! :D

Hope your back is soon better

D x

Well done Leia.

Keep off the stars though - 26 syns in a day is plenty enough for a Princess.

Mangaged to resist the stars so far but REALLY REALLY want them

Have had
Pineapple
2 mini babybel (HEXA)

Also think maybe I should keep track of drinks too, will do this tomorrow

Start of a new week
Hope to get some exercise in this week too
Last week of revision before exams
:cry:

Oh well
What will be will be
L

Agh today is going to be another syn day - going to have to make up for it all week

OH arranged dinner date with another couple ( good friends of ours) and we are going to blue Chicago - a place that doesnt do salads or even rice or baked potato as a side dish

So it'll be the lightest battered chicken and garlic diced potaoes for me :( want to go but had chips yesterday........

Otherwise food for today

Apple
HiFi bar (HEXB)
2 mini babybels (HEXA)
beans and sausages (3.5syns)

So today's going to be a bad day -
Good thing I didn't eat the stars

L

So as it turns out our friends cancelled on us at the last min - so we got a Chinese

Fried rice 350g - (5-6syns)
Vegetable curry -200g - (6-7syns)
7 prawn crackers (7 syns)

So total syns - 23.5 ( including beans earlier)

Not as bad as it would have been but still over 15 :(

If there is 105 for the week then I have, let's say 55 left.
Split over 5 days that's 11 a day. Hopefully I can keep it under 10 or even less and hope it won't affect loss this week

Hope to do exercise also

Tip for future meals - get plain boiled rice (which is free on a green day) if you get a veggie meal!

Even if yu have a meat/fish main dish from a chinese, just keep the protein below say 100gm and it is still pretty "green".

Thanks pomette but I only do EE - our consultant didn't even explain red or grew to us - said if we wanted to do it we would have to talk to her separately and I just went with it

Didn't even know about alternating days and stuff until I came onto this site

though I like EE so....

Food for today so far

Banana
Bacon
Beans with sausages (3.5 syns)
Apple

Debating why to have for dinner ....

Hi Princess - even in EE plain boiled rice is much better for you than the fried stuff. My downfall too when I go for a chinese.

If you are going to class then I think consultants are taught to introduce everyone via EE - for the very reason that it is much easier.

It might be worth thinking about having a look as red/green as most people get a much better weight loss with it. Ok it's not so "easy" to follow but you'll soon get into the swing of it.

PS You ought to find an alternative to the beans & sausages! Just stick with the beans. All sausages are high in fat and 3.5 syns is only for the small tin. A single fat pork sausage is 5.5 syns!
All sausages are really high in fat - even frankfurters although they are about the lowest.
Bummer I know, I love them too! And they're cheap when you're living on a budget.

If you are a fan of sausages, it might be worth looking at a company called joes sausages. They are syn free and you can buy them online :) xx

Yeah I know but I like having the sausages - it is only the little tin. A lot of the time I have a little tin and then add more beans to it from a normal tin :)

I don't have normal sausages because of high in suns they are but I used to love them
Chicken an pork sausages and tuna were pretty much the only meat I could eat before
Now I have quorn - and also made my own burgers with extra lean mince

More food for today

Pasta
Cheese (HEXA)
mushrooms
Billy bear ham (5syns!!!)
Apple
Banana
Muller light vanilla

Total syns for today 8.5
Better :)

No exercise as revision all day again :( exams in a week - eek!!

Maybe get out for a walk tomorrow

L

Bobsledwheels said:
If you are a fan of sausages, it might be worth looking at a company called joes sausages. They are syn free and you can buy them online :) xx

I've heard of them
But unfortunately don't deliver to northern Ireland

Oh
Forgot to say the other day ....

There was actually a SW butcher at our meeting on thurs - got a meal pack
I saw sausages and I was like yay!!!
But....
The sausages in it were chilli!!! Couldn't eat them they were so hot!!
At OH house at weekends - but will have the other stuff during the week
And get normal ones next week

Back