My Food Diary

Interview day!

I am in the office for a an hour this morning so I thought I would pop by and update my diary!

Last night I had a bit of a to do with Callum again so feel like I am a bit back to square one. My books I had ordered arrived so at least I had some interesting reading last night about raising boys! I also have an interview at school regarding Callum progress so far this year (everyone has one so I don't have anything to worry about!). I hope that his teacher can shed some light on his behavour at school.

As well as that I have my interview this morning at 10.50 so I will be going straight from here to the interview and from there to collect the kids and pop to the garage and get a fuse changed on the car. I have hoping to get to Tesco tonight and get the food shopping done and have a little mooch for Christmas presents and hopefully the size 8 skinny jeans (I still haven't managed to get changng them).

Anyway for today I shall be eating:
EE
Breakfast: 2 bananas (very hungry and they are brain food after all!) FF yogart
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and little cheese 1/2 hea
Dinner: Chinese - 1/2 pork chow mein and some special fired rice, 1 chicken cheese roll. Yummy! 1/2 hea, 6 syns for oil
Syns: mini bag of buttons 3.5, 1 vodka and coke 2.5 syns
Total: 12

Fingers crossed for today and for my food plan!!:D

Last edited:
Hope your interview went well Shirley ~ have a good weekend hun xx

Its good news - just not for WI!

Well weemo my interview went really well and I liked the office - people etc. They gave me a call yesterday afternoon (in the middle of my interview with callums teacher!) to offer me the job!!!!:D:D:D:D:D I am really pleased as I think I will fit in well. I start on the 30th November and I will be working for Mencap in Newry. They are ok with me starting at 9.30 and working until 1.30 (phew!). I am a little sad that it is only covering maternity leave but I am hoping that if I get my foot in the door they may keep me on!:rolleyes:

I have spoken to Jon and asked that he organise a lift to work in the morning which he has said he will try and do so that I am not so rushed in the morning and I think I will take a late morning some day this week to see how long it will take to get into my new work in the morning so I can plan ahead!

Other than that I bought a new set of scales yesterday, the only problem being is that they weigh me 3lb heavier! Not so good. With that being the case I headed to Mums to Wi this morning and found that I had sts this week. I have to say that I am disappointed and am clinging onto the hope that next week I will manage to sort it out and shift some weight. I am going to sit down and sort out next weeks menus and I guess I will have to be a lot stricter regarding weighing items etc and my syns.

For today I shall be having:
EE
Breakfast: Banana, FF yogart
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans
Dinner: Ring Donut 12 syns, Fresh baked bread (ouch) heb plus 4 syns, 2 slices of pizza 12 syns, chicken dippers - our electricity went out so we managed to make what we could!

For tomorrow I am having a curry night so the syns will be flowing but I hope to keep reasonably under control:
EE
Breakfast: Ring Donut - 12 syns (help this isn't going well)
Lunch: Scrambled egg with tomato and scallion
Dinner:1 slice of fresh baked white bread eeeek
Syns: 2 vodka and diet coke - 5 syns, 100g cart dior ice cream 11 syns (somebody shoot me now!)

I am hoping to save a fews syns during next week to use on Saturday so that I can still be within my weekly synage! Fingers crossed!

Last edited:
The weekend is over and now its back to sw!

Well as you can see the weekend didn't quite so as planned and i managed to eat a few unexpected items such as 2 ring donuts and some ice cream!

Oh well I am just going to have to try and pull my head out. I am good all day but when Jon sits down with a tub of ice cream at night time my resolve just melts. I am going to have to be stricter or make Jon eat naughty stuff away from me.:confused:

Anyway my resolve is set for today and I WILL be good. I have to be otherwise I haven't a hope of lossing even a 1/4 lb this week!

G - SE
Breakfast: Banana, Apple (I forgot the yogart!)
Lunch:Jacket potato with beans and cheese, Apple hea
Snack: 2 alpen light heb
Dinner: Quorn sausage,1/3 with Sw chips, Carrotts, Roasted peppers, Roasted butternut squash.
Snack: roast chicken - heb
Syns: 2 rice crispy tray bakes 10 syns, choc mousse made with quark and nuttella and chopped apple 2 syns

Last edited:
Today I am determined to de clutter my life so to speak! I am going to sit down and decide what I don't need be doing in the morning etc so I am less stressed. I am also going to give the house a good clean when I get home and get some things moved round and de cluttered.

Food wise I am going to try SE again hopefully I am doing it right and if anyone sees any faults please let me know!

Red
Breakfast: 2 banana, Yogart
Lunch: Apple, Chicken and Veg soup - home made
Snack: scrambled egg with ham cheese and tomato hea
Dinner: Roast chicken 1/3 with 3 small SW Roasties HEB Roast veg - peppers, butternut squash, carrotts and sugar snap peas
Snack: 2 Alpen light HeB
Syns: 100g ice cream 11 syns

Last edited:
Congrats on getting the job Shirley, that is fantastic news, bet you can't wait to start. I didn't get around to starting SE this week as have far too much on, but I do intend to next week ~ how are you getting on with it? xx

Thanks Mary, SE is going well and to be honest not much different to what I was eating anyway, I made a bit of a slip up last night as I used a heb as part of the 2/3 free / superfree. I only realised this morning so I will have to keep an eye on that!

I had a quick jump on the scales this morning and I haven't lost anything this week which is more than a little bit disapointing as I am trying. I guess I need to really cut down my syns and start exercising otherwise I am not going to loose anything at this rate!

Anyway for today I shall be eating:
Red
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart, Apple
Lunch: Veg soup with handful of chicken
Snack: 2 alpen light bars heb
Dinner:Chicken (1/3) Stir Fry No Noddles or sauce
Snack: Porrage heb
Syns: 1 large iced bun (9) and a coconut biscuit 4 syns

Can you do SE and EE on the same day????
I changed to a red day just in case!

Last edited:
Green Day!

Thanks Weemo, I had a feeling it was just red and green days so I changed my day to a red - I just didn't have any noodles with tea!!

We have organised to have friends round this saturday as our curry night didn't happen last week so I guess Saturday will have to be a flexi syn day although all the curries and dips are syn free. I need to stay clear of the nann bread though!

I had a sneaky WI this morning and it would appear I have put on 1lb! I'm not sure how that has happened however I did over indulge at the weekend and have not been shy of my syns during the week but I wouldn't have exepected a gain! Tomorrow morning will be an eye opener I guess!

I am hoping to get shopping this afternoon (if the rain ever stops as some of the roads round us have flooded) so I am going to stock up on more fruit, veg and healthy snacks. I have decided that if jon isn't eating ice cream etc then I will not be tempted! The only problem is that because I am eating so much veg and fruit my tummy is taking a blasting which is really horrible so I am not sure what to do!

Anyway the plan of attack for today is:
Green
Lunch: Apple, Veg soup
Snack: 1 alpen light 1/2 heb
Dinner:Spag Bol with cheese heb, hea
Snack: 1 alpen light 1/2 heb, Yogart
Syns: 1 mini dairy milk 5.5 syns

Friday WI and its good News!

I WI this morning and I have lost 2lb yeah!!:D:D

I am so pleased with that as I was sure I was in for another STS.

I am going to keep my head on things and be good (or as good as poss) over the weekend and hopefully have another loss next week.

My plan of attack for today is
EE
Breakfast: Banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup with barley
Snack: Scrambled egg with tomato, scallion and ham
Dinner: homemade melted cheese burgers made with lean mince, egg and motzarella topped with onion, tomato and cucumber with SW chips
Snack: 2 Alpen light bars
Syns: 2 cornflake cakes - 6, piece of fridge cake - 6

For tomorrow the plan is:
EE & Flexi Syn!!
Breakfast: 2 boiled egg, banana
Snack: Yogart,
Lunch: Fresh bread heb, chicken dippers - 2, 1/2 steak slice 5 syns
Dinner: Chicken diopiaza, Khema Curry and selection of rice, ie pilau, boiled (homemade), 2 poppadoms (4 syns) and onion and cucumber chutney and mint ratina (home made) 2 onion bajis - 8 syns
Desert, Small slice of chocolate cake - 5 syns
Drinks:5 x vodka and diet coke 12.5

Sunday:
Red
Breakfast: 1 toast and cheese - fresh bread yum hea, heb
Snack: Banana,
Lunch:pan fried fillet tails with sm amount of mash HEB, Brocolli, carrots, sugar snap peas, sprouts
Tea: Fresh bread - heb and 4 syns, 1 poppadom 1.5 syns, left over Keema curry yummy
Supper: Chocolate cake 8 syns, fridge cake 5 syns

Fingers crossed for next week!!!! x

Last edited:
Well done on your loss that is brilliant, enjoy your weekend - you should stop tormenting yourself jumping on the scales every day! - mind you easier said than done!

My weekends over!

Well its Monday morning all over again! I had a lovely weekend and really enjoyed myself. I was a little bit naughty however I could have been much much worse so I am not annoyed at myself.

My nose is firmly back at the grindstone today and that is where it will stay! I had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning to access the damage and it wasn't great news but considering I bought a fresh tiger loaf in Tesco on Saturday (it was so hot and fresh yum yum:D) that the damage should have been worse!

Anyway its my last week in my job so this time next week I will be very quiet on here as my computer at home is broken:cry:. I need to get it fixed so I can get on here and I doubt my new job will be as good as my old one about internet access!!!!

Anyway the plan for today is:
Red SE
Lunch: Veg soup, apple, Satsuma
Snack: Banana, Satsuma, Sm bar of choc x 2 7 syns
Dinner: keema curry (yes there is still some left - I made loads!) with bread and extra veg (2 heb)
Syns: 1 cornflake tray bake 7 syns, 2 cornflake bun thingys 4 syns - I went into meltdown I was so tired that I just wanted sweet things - not good.

Last edited:
As last nights munching was not so good I need to be extra good today. Thankfully I am only working until 1.30 and then I head off and get the kids so it will be nice and relaxed. I am planning an afternoon of cleaning the house and trying to get a bit more clutter removed so wish me luck!!!

I am on the final countdown with work and still feeling slightly nervous about my new job - I don't think it is the job as such just whether I will get there on time in the mornings. Jon has said that I have to leave him to work in the mornings so that will leave me under a bit more pressure. I sat yesterday and even printed out a morning timetable! I showed it to Jon last night and made him agree to it or he wouldn't be getting a lift from me. He knows I'm not particularly happy about the situation but what can I do? I also told him that I would pay for driving lessons and a test for him for crimbo but he seemed less than happy as he wanted a new x box!

So from now on my morning will start at 6.30 with us leaving the house at 7.50 and me eventually getting to work at 9.30 having drove 30 miles in circles (dropping jon off coming back to drop elle off at her childminders, dropping callum off at school and then heading to work!!)

Food wise I need to be good to shake some weight off before christmas so I will be attempting SE again this week.

Green
Breakfast: 2 satsumas, banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup, apple, wheaten scone heb & 5 syns
Snack: Fridge cake (AKA in our house sickly cake) 7 syns
Dinner: 2 quorn sausages, (1/3) SW chips, carrotts, some sprouts (I know sprouts and chips don't go but I do love them!!)
Snack: 1 alpen light
Syns:large piece of cake 12 syns

Just looking at my food I'm not sure if it is SE enough - for example my snacks are heb & hea without any free food.:confused:

Can anyone let me know if I am doing this right!?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hope you get plenty of housework sorted ~ I love clearing out, sad I know, but it makes me feel good!!

With regards to your menu Shirley I am not sure ~ I haven't tried SE yet but I did see a thread in the main section so have a look at that.

Hope your WI goes well on Friday and good luck with the new job on Monday xx

I know what you mean Mary I get a great feeling from knowing that the house is clean and tidy!

Unfortunately yesterday didn't turn out to plan and by the time I had pick the kids up, took callum to the Dr - he is having a lot of nose bleeds again, it was half 4. I was not having a good day and really needed something to eat as my blood sugar level had dropped so I ended up pigging out on chocolate cake and sickly cake! Really not good! I will not bow to temptation today partly due to the fact that I am at work and can't get my hands on any chocolate cake and partly due to the fact that I let callum have the last of it for pudding last night! I need to be mega good for the rest of the week if I want to have any kind of loss on Friday!

Anyway for today I am planning:
SE
Breakfast: 2 satsumas, banana, ff Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup and apple
Snack: 1 alpen light bars 1/2 heb
Dinner: Spag bol made with very lean mince (taken as a heb) and 1/3 spagetti, 2/3 cellery, peppers, onion, sugar snap peas, carrotts, Tinned tomatoes and fresh tomatoes, Small amount cheese on top hea
Snack: 1 alpen light bar 1/2 heb, mini choc bar 5.5 syns

Thanks hun! Hopefully I will get sorted by Monday and be back online!!!

Well I did a dry run this morning to my new work and thankfully mananged to get there with 10 minutes to spare!!! I'm still not too sure how long it will take me on a tuesday when I have to be there for 9am but I guess we will see on Tuesday!!!

Its my last day at work tomorrow so I have promised to bring in chocolate cake so I will have to have a little slice too. As this is the case I will have to be good today to make up for any last day naughtiness!!!

Another SE day!

breakfast: 2 satsumas, banana, FF Yogart
Lunch: Veg soup
Snack: 2 alpen light heb
Dinner: beef 1/3 stir fry 2/3 no sauce or noodles
Snack: bowl of porrage heb hea for milk
Syns: hot chocolate hea, 2 syns, mini dairy milk 5.5 syns

Enjoy your last day at work!

Back