My Food Diary

WI - first of 2010

Thank you Weemo, I am so looking forward to it. Mum has the kids tonight as we are heading away in the morning. We are hoping to get to St Georges Market and then get booked into our hotel. The rest of the day will be spent sightseeing and shopping (Jon has never been to Belfast city centre before so I will try and act as tourguide!). We are not eating until 9.15 pm, so we are going to take it very easy and relaxed getting ready etc. I am so totally excited its untrue!!

I wi this morning at 9st 5 which I am really happy with as it means that I have shed 4lb this week alone and that I am only 2lb away from where I was before Crimbo!

For today I am planning on eating:
Breakfast: 2 satsuma, 2 apples, 1 alpen light 1/2 heb
Lunch: jacket potato with cheese and beans hea
Dinner: Left over chicken in black bean sauce with boiled rice - 4 syns for sauce and heb
Snack: Alpen light 1/2 heb and possibly some scrambled egg if I am peckish.

Also to let you guys know Dunnes is selling 5 mullerlights for £1.50 at the moment! I bought 15 (not all for me but at that price the kids love them!)

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I shall update you all on Monday!

Hope you had a fabby weekend hun xx

Thank you huni we had a great weekend. I hope to post some pics on here for you to have a peek. The food in Zen was amazing and I even managed to persuade Jon to try Octopus Sushi (it was raw as well!) It was lovely and has opened up a lot of foodie ideas to Jon!

I ate loads over the weekend and drank even more so I am again being careful this week. I am hoping to drop a lb this week so I can get down to 9st 4lb but if I have a sts I will be happy enough as I have done no exercise at all (well apart from walking round Belfast but I think that was definately balanced out by food and wine!)

Yesterday:
G
Breakfast: scrambled egg with tomato
Lunch: leek and potato soup
Snack: yogart and apple
hot chocolate 2 syns and hea
Dinner: Shepherds pie hea, heb
Snack: Dairy milk 5.5 and malteasers bunny 8 syns, 2 alpen light heb

Total : 15.5 (not so good) I just wanted to snack last night!

Today G
Breakfast: 2 Satsuma, Apple, 1 choc - 2 syns
Lunch: Scrambled egg, apple crumble and FF Yogart, 5 syns, chocolate egg 8 syns
Dinner: Chicken Curry and rice heb - 3 syns for sauce as not home made, 2 heb for chicken
Snack:
Total: 16 syns - not good

Last edited:
Hey Guys, after a long, long break I am back! Things were a little manic since I last logged in and in truth SW has gone totally out the window resulting in a large gain in the past month.

Thankfully things have settled down I have gotten my head around everything and have decided to get back on track as of today.

Please accept my apologies for not being on here and supporting all you lovely guys this past few months, I do however promise to make up for it!

So what has been going on since I have been away, Callum turned 7 and with that came the bi annual visits from Jons mum (which always results in a fall out between Jon and her which results in a fall out between Jon and I) and Jons Nana. Thankfully they are away home now after 3 weeks between them. I do love them dearly and enjoy having them stay but I do like having my house back. Also Jon has bought himself a car - only problem is the car is in Yorkshire at the moment (you will hear more about that one soon!!!)

For today I am planning a green day and sticking to the plan without hitch (as I really need to start shifting the extra lb I have gained as of late!!)

Breakfast: 28g Porrage made with water, frozen berries and FF Yogart - yum heb
Lunch: Homemade Leek and potato soup, Apple
Snack:FF Yogart
Dinner: Chicken with homemade wedges, roasted parsnips, carrotts, peppers and sugar snap peas. HEB
Snack: hot chocolate made with milk HEa - 2 syns, 3 pieces of chocolate @ 95 cal (5 syns)

I am planning on doing 40 sits ups and a mile walk this evening with the dog and kids. Keep your fingers crossed that I manage to keep on track! x

Well so far so good, I have been behaving and had a sneaky jump on the scales this morning and 2lb off. I am not setting my heart on the fact it will still be off on Friday though!!!!

Yesterday I finshed off any chocs in the house (only a few) so went slightly over syns but not overly worried.

For today I am having another green day and will be having:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, apple
Lunch: Veg soup
Snack: Yogart
Dinner: Shepherds pie with lean mince, cellery, peppers, carrotts, parsnips, sugar snap peas and onion - HEB and HEA for the cheese on top!
Snack: small slice of banana and walnut loaf - 4 syns heb for the walnuts!

We are heading over to Harrogate on Friday night to collect Jons new car as it is currently parked on his nanas drive way and spending the weekend there. I have to admit that I am really looking forward to it and as we are not taking the kids I can let my hair down a little. Onthe flip side I am annoyed as I haven't had chance to loose some weight before we went (it was only decided on Monday night that we were going this weekend) and that I will be away from the kids on mothers day. I guess we will have to have our own mothers day the week after as I am not giving up my breakfast in bed rights!!!!! I am also a little concerned that I will be off sw for a few days as I will be unable to a certain degree to control my diet as we will be staying with Jons nana and she will be cooking. I am suggest that I cook on saturday night and make a syn free curry as she loves SW curries! That may however prove a problem as she doesn't have any spices and I don't really want to have to buy them over them. I think customs at the airport might think a lady carrying spices in her hand luggage as slightly odd! Oh well I will think of something!!!!!

In relation to my exercising I have managed to do 40 sits up every day so far and I have also been doing some exercises to try and firm my bust up as 2 children later my bust isn't like it used to be!!!!!!

Thank you so much Mary, Jeez were to start with everything that is going on, well I am trying to stay on track with SW I managed to loose another 3lb and then sts last week I am hoping to have another 2lb off this week and with the stress I am under it looks like it is possible.

Jons Grandma died last week and everything spiraled after that! I am meant to be flying over to the funeral with Jon on Saturday however I am not sure I will be going as our relationship has taken a nose dive and I am currently living at my mums with the kids. I can see no way of rescuing the relationship as Jons behavour (spelt wrong!) is getting increasingly selfish and irratic so I have had enough and bailed.

For today I am hoping to eat:
Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs
Lunch: Banana, supernoodles
Dinner: Chicken stir fry with sugar snap peas, peppers, scallions, baby sweetcorn, carrotts with soy sauce. - No noodles heb
Snack: Apple, I am hoping to stay clear of all ice cream, cakes and chocolate, so far this week it has not been good!

Well I am back..... Again!!!! Its been a long few weeks full of rollercoasters and Jon and I are again working at making things right for us. I have over eaten to compensate for how I am feeling and am right back up to 10st. I have put the brakes on everything though and am back on track. so far today I have had:
Breakfast: 3 boiled eggs, apple
Lunch: Veg soup
and am going to have turkey spagetti bolognaise for tea. HEA, HEB.

I am hoping to drop another 1lb by the morning and then try and keep it at a constant 2 lb per week until I get to target. I am hoping to get going with my exercise again as that has started to slip too but with a little determination hopefully I will get to 8st 10lb without too much fuss!! Fingers crossed!

Well WI this morning I'm still at 10st dead. Not bad considering it * my first in 2 years! I managed to scoff a whole easter egg half a snickers bar, a milky bar cake bar and half a cadburys tiffin bar. Not so good. Today will be better though!
Red
breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, Apple
Lunch: Turkey bolognaise
Dinner: Chicken drumsticks (no skin) with SW chips and lots and lots of veg.

My aim for next week is to drop 3lb so fingers crossed I will be successful as I plan to fit in some exercise during the week.

Well this week isn't going to plan already!! I am eating like a horse and every time I go to my mums I seem to gravitate to the Naughty cupboard!!

I was woke at 6am this morning by a police officer telling me that I needed to evacuate the house due to a bomb being left at the local police station just down the street from us so that was not the start to the day that I had inticipated. I was hoping to start a new exercise regime this morning and do a dvd before the kids got up and I had to go to work but obviously someone else had other ideas!

Well for today I am planning on having:
Green
Boiled egg x 2
Banana
Veg soup with barley
Apple, banana, few squares of choc, 10 syns
1 sausage heb, sw chips, fried egg.
Aero screwball ice cream (99cal) 5 syns - delish

Last edited:
OMG! poor you! was the police officer good looking? maybe do your dvd later on if your not too knackered from lack of sleep x

Thanks Chipbutty, he was rather nice actually!!! We weren't allowed back home until 10pm so I was too tired to even think about it although I couldn't manage to get to sleep either as there were hellicopters flying around until 2am! Oh the joys of living in northern ireland!!!

My diet did go rather well yesterday though which was a plus point and I only made a few changes (due to not being able to get to my fridge!!)

Today I am hoping to be good again and get in a little exercise in the way of 30 mins walking around the local forest Park - which I did do yesterday to try and fill my day!

Green day

Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, banana
Lunch Apple, Veg soup
Dinner Apple, chicken stir fry heb
Supper Cheese on toast heb, hea

I am still hoping to have a few lb off this week and I am determined not to go off the rails this weekend just because it is the weekend as that is how I managed to put on a stone since crimbo after all my hard work trying and having lost 2 stone!!

Well I have lost 1lb this week which I am pleased with as in reality I have lost 3lb since Monday as I was a bit naughty over the weekend so that will do for me!!

I am determined to be good this weekend though as I have too much weight to shift to be going mad at the weekend.

So for today I am planning to have
Green
Breakfast: Porrage, berries and yogart
Snack: Apple, banana
Lunch: Veg soup, apple
Dinner: Chicken stir fry with no sauce or noodles
Snack: Mint Aero Ice cream 5 syns

Well today is another green day I had a bit of an eating fit last night so I need to pull it together today me thinks.

Yesterday I had:

2 boiled eggs, yogart and apple
Scone - 12 syns
2 chocolate brownies (hand head in shame)
peanut butter and toast (heb and further hanging head)
chicken and sw chips heb
2 choc biscuits. So Not good.

So today things will be better I am getting another meeting out of the way which I am dreading so I know things will improve vastly as the week goes on!!

Green
2 boiled eggs, apple, banana
green salad with boiled egg, yogart
chicken stir fry - no noodles or salad
toast with tomato and cheese
I am going to try not to use any syns as I think I have eaten a weeks worth yesterday!

For tomorrow I am planning
Red
2 boiled eggs, apple, banana
Tuna and egg salad, yogart
Spagetti bolognaise with extra veg, hea, heb

Back