My goal to 9st!

Nickysarah

Hi all, I have been doing slimming world for a while now and have just been staying the same each week, so a friend of mine suggested I try doing calorie counting by using myfitnesspal! So today is my first day, I only have a stone to lose but would really like to lose it as quick as possible but in the healthiest way,so I really need support from everyone on here to help me keep on track :)

Had a really lazy day today, so off to the gym later to feel better about myself!

Today I've had:

Breakfast: 2 pieces of toast with butter and marmite: 306 calories

Lunch: tuna and egg salad with Italian dressing: 174 calories

Dinner : homemade chicken curry: 470 calories

Snacks: birthday cake:108 calories
2 digestive biscuits 124 calories

1182/1200 calories

Just got back from the gym, felt quite peckish so had a snack from my Graze box (I love these if anyone wants to try one for free just go to http://www.graze.com/uk/p/HV114DM) anyway as I burnt quite a few calories I had one, which was only 70 calories it was a korai chutney with curry bites and was delicious and took away that hungry feeling.....perfect :)

Also can someone tell me how I can make my blog more fancy with different colour fonts etc? I'm using the app on my ipad if that helps :) thanks!

Hello!

I have no idea how to change the font etc on the app... is there any sort of button that says 'advanced' or anything next to the text box?? I had to use my mob to update for a while and it was a pain!

Also, if you are going to be exercising I would maybe think about increasing your daily calorie intake a little, to compensate for any calories burned while at the gym etc. Otherwise your cal intake might fall too low and be unhealthy. I'm one to preach though, I hardly ever 'eat back' my exercise calories haha. But my daily intake is 1,400.

Either way, good luck getting to target!

Hello!

I have no idea how to change the font etc on the app... is there any sort of button that says 'advanced' or anything next to the text box?? I had to use my mob to update for a while and it was a pain!

Also, if you are going to be exercising I would maybe think about increasing your daily calorie intake a little, to compensate for any calories burned while at the gym etc. Otherwise your cal intake might fall too low and be unhealthy. I'm one to preach though, I hardly ever 'eat back' my exercise calories haha. But my daily intake is 1,400.

Either way, good luck getting to target!

Hello! I follow your diary on here so it's great to hear from you so hello! *wave*

It was your diary that I got the ideas from to funk up my diary with colours, and make it look more interesting for people to read other than just paragraphs of writing, but can't seem to find it anywhere, I've looked under the advanced section but nothing, thank you anyway, just a pain having to turn my laptop on to do it!

I did wonder about upping my calorie intake as I do go to the gym quite a lot, but I find that I don't do lots of cardio exercises which burn calories I do mainly toning exercises on the machines, or sit ups, squats etc! But thank you for bringing it up, any excuse to eat more :-D I am going to start logging my exercise on MFP and taking the extra calories into consideration from now on. It's just hard to adjust as I've been staying the same weight (give or take a few pounds) for over 6 months now and just want to kick start it!

Thank you again for replying, keeps me motivated when I feel like I have others on the same journey as me :-D x

So today has been a good-ish day for me calorie wise, I didn't manage to get to the gym as I am in the process of moving house, so been decorating my flat all day as renting it out in a couple of months when me and my husband move, so I guess still kind of exercising but not if that makes sense ha!

I did go over my calories a little bit today but mainly because I didn't plan very well *oops*

Breakfast: Bran Flakes and Skimmed milk: 153 calories

Lunch: Ham, Cheese, Lettuce and light mayo sandwich and a packet of walkers salt and vinegar hoops and crosses: 413 calories

Dinner: Homemade pasta with pancetta, ricotta and peas: 686 calories

Snacks: 3 chocolate bourbon creams (this is where I went overboard and didn't need them! Especially when i saw the calories!!!) 204 calories!!!

Total 1457/1200

Tomorrow I am going out for a family lunch, probably to just a pub but will have my main meal at lunchtime, any suggestions on low calories lunches I can have that will keep me full up, so I can just have a snack for tea? X

I have realised that when your calorie counting it can sometimes be quite hard to find the exact calories for meals when you eat out, so thank god for Harvester! Took my 92 year old Grandad out for lunch there today and it was quite easy planning what to have just by looking at the menu as it had all the calories!

So for breakfast today I had: Bran flakes and skimmed milk: 154 calories

Lunch: Harvester flame grilled chicken breast with peas and chips: 710 calories
Then I remembered that I had 2 salad bowls and topped them with blue cheese dressing *oops* so I worked that out to be roughly 300 calories on top!

Dinner: I'm still quite full up from lunch but thought I had better have something so just had a toasted English muffin with light spread: 228 calories

Total: 1392/1200

So I went over my calories by 192 but I am off to the gym in an hour so kind of think it won't matter too much as I'm sure I will burn that off :)

Was back at work today after 8 days off which was horrible as started at 0530, but I planned my food last night and found it so much better as I knew exactly what I was eating instead of eating it then adding calories later to find I've gone over!

So here was my diary for today

Breakfast: Nescafé Vanilla Latte with a banana and Special K moments chocolate biscuit: 234 calories

Lunch: Cheese, Ham, lettuce and light mayo sandwich, with a bag of salt and vinegar hoops and crosses, a mini babybell and one of my graze box snacks which was shortbread and a berry jam for dipping: 615 calories

Dinner: Feta cheese and roasted red pepper quiche with loads of salad and a little light salad cream: 395 calories

Total 1244/1200

44 calories over, didn't manage to get to the gym today so just did 55 squats and I did a lot of walking/running around at work so I'm sure that weighs it out! Not that I'm making excuses just stating facts :-D

Hope the sunny weather comes back soon, we had rain today :-(

Had work again at 6am this morning so was very organised again, I'm beginning to like the new me and organisation!

Breakfast: Nescafé vanilla latte, banana and a Special K milk chocolate chewy bar: 231 calories

Lunch: ham salad sandwich, walkers hoops and crosses and a orange jelly: 344 calories

Dinner: cheese, chive and spring onion crisp bakes with lots of salad: 564 calories

Snacks: cadburys highlight caramel hot chocolate 40 calories

Total: 1179/1200

Tomorrow I've got a personal training session at the gym to do me a program, so going to have a chat and see what they recommend I do exercise wise to lose this last stone and tone up ready for summer :)
Anyone on here who also is a regular exerciser? X

Not been on here for a few days so sorry I haven't done my food diary, had a busy few days!

Took my mum to Oxford for a spa break which was lovely, and I'm very impressed with myself that I stuck to my healthy eating as much as I could so not feeling like I've put any weight on, but I've got until Tuesday until my weigh in so only time will tell! X

Back