My gym referal has arrived :)

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by PinkMantha, 4 November 2010 Social URL.

1. PinkMantha

PinkMantha time to get focused

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    My dr has refered me to the local leisure centre gym and my referral arrived today in the post! I know I can't do to much being on ss but a brisk walk in the runnin machine should b ok xxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Neonshock

Neonshock Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    Get in there! Are you gonna have access to a trainer to set up a work out for you or are you doing it alone?

4. PinkMantha

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yeh iv got to see a trainer x

5. rumbly-tums

rumbly-tums Slowly but surely x

Start Weight:
    14st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.06%)
    i wouldnt do hard and fast work outs - but gentle cross training is EXCELLENT. the slower the work out, the better the fat burn. Any hard and fast stuff will knock you into training level and it doesnt burn fat, only calories. To effectively lose weight on CD, the fat is the most effective way to lose the inches :)

6. PinkMantha

Start Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Yes I'll just take it easy, brisk walkin and some sit ups I think x

7. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Mantha

I'm going to the gym 3-4 times the week, doing yoga and swimming hard 2-3 times a week and feel no ill effects (apart from those of being unfit). Exercise boosts your metabolism and keeps it up for 24 hours or so afterwards so you burn calories even when you aren't exercising! It's also excellent treatment for depression.

So get out walking, walk fast enough that you feel warm and are having to breathe more deeply than normal but don't work so hard that you wouldn't be able to have a conversation with someone if they were walking beside you!

Have fun x

8. Neonshock

Neonshock Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    4st3lb(19.6%)
    Diet:
    cal counting
    Remember to get some weight training in too, thats the key to keep loosing excersize wise. Muscle burns cals so the more muscle you build the more cals you will use at rest.

Good luck, I bet you will love it!

9. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    try and get a hold of a heart rate monitor, and work out your weight loss range of your heart rate (or go by that your slightly out of breath but could still hold a conversation with someone) and then you will be able to go for as long as you like on what ever..... (i found this fine)
    your trainer that you go and see will be able to help you but i think the calculations is 220- your age, that then gives you your max heart rate, so stick to 75% of that and you are in that zone..

but yes def get in some weight training, esp the chest ones as that will help you build the muscles around the area which will hold your new set of lovelys!!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.