MY Harcombe Diet - Day 15 - Phase 2

:talk017::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper::0clapper:

Very well done, Karen. That is what I lost in 5 days too.

I still think that Phase 1 is easier than the first 4-5 days on LL or CD.

Now you can start adding in the things you could not have the past 5 days ( and I dont mean red wine;)). But a word of advice dont add more than one new thing a day or you wont know what has caused a reaction (if you get any that is). I know I was most surprised by my reaction to milk although I can have cheese and cream with no reaction.

Have a lovely weekend.

Pam xxx

Well done Karen. You might be a bit dehydrated but who cares just don't go into a panic if you get a slight gain in a few days.

How do you feel? I feel very nourished and refreshed today. I might even be able to stay up longer than the boys tonoght.

Yayy great loss for phase 1 - bring it on!

Morning everyone xx

Well we had a great weekend and it's so lovely to wake up on a Monday morning minus that bloated disgusting feeling from overindulging!!!

I couldn't believe that i could lose 3lbs overnight lol, and the following morning it had jumped up by over 2lbs - grrrr! However the net results is that my first week has given me a 5lbs loss and i'm very pleased with that.

I'm feeling quite good actually, no bloating at all and just have a really nice sense of wellbeing.

Today I weigh 12st 4lbs and hope to get into the 11's soon, i know it can take a few weeks on this diet but as i'm not feeling so desperate about my size and also am enjoying my meals I'm happier that it's going to be a slower journey.

Jim fell off the wagon big time and stupidly ate chips, chocolate and drank beer and cider at the weekend - eejit!!!!!!! So annoyed with him.

I had absolutely no desire to break the diet at all, i mean why would anyone do it? The food is lush and you feel great, what more can one ask for? lol.

Katie, i kind of agree with you about sticking as much to phase one as possible but i do want something OTHER than bacon for breakfast and i'm not a huge fan of NLY. So today's menu is :

B: Shredded Wheat with skimmed milk
L: Bacon and Tomatoes
D: Pork chop with baby leaf salad, drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar

Can someone confirm that on phase 2 balsamic vinegar is allowed?

Thank you!!!!!

Have a great week fellow THD'ers xxx

Well done, Karen.

I think the well being feeling and being able to eat such nice food makes this diet worthwhile.

Yes you can have Balsamic vinegar on Phase 1.

Have a good week.

luv Pamxxx

Oh definitely!!! I feel great! Thanks for confirming vinegar, i'm assuming you mean phase 2?!

I'm not enjoying shredded wheat.... have tried normal size and bite size, how boring is that cereal?! Would we be allowed to have All Bran do you think? Would someone mind asking on THD website as i've not joined up?

Thanks xxxxx

I’m not the biggest fan of shredded wheat, it’s rather bland, but could you add some berries – blueberries/strawberries etc to liven it up a bit. Or what about porridge – do you like that?
I’m planning on making my own museli on Phase 2, I’ve done that years ago doing the GI diet and it was lovely as you can make it as you like it, I used to soak it overnight and it was yummy in the morning. I can’t see why you couldn’t have bran flakes as it’s just bran, but would be worth checking for sure.

I'm not that adventurous to make my own muesli - that is serously impressive!!!!

I googled the bran and both all bran and flakes have sugar - grrrrr!

I'm really hungry at the moment, not sure whether to eat something or wait for dinner.....hmmmmm

Eat something, Karen, if you feel hungry.

For the first couple of weeks I kept hard boiled eggs, ham, tuna mayonnaise etc in the fridge in case I felt hungry.

I always used to make my own muesli but it contained weetabix and bran flakes so obviously a no no now. As Shredded Wheat is a carb meal you could add any fruit to it which may help.

Keep at it.

Pam xxx

Oh don't be impressed, it was just a case of sticking half a dozen different dry ingredients into a tupperware container, shaking them up & away you go - I can't remember all the ingredients now - have still got the recipe somewhere but would need to check as it had things like oat bran, flakes, seeds etc in it, so would need to see what was THD friendly :)

I had the sw with blackberries and raspberries this morning, much better!

I have lost another pound so 6 pounds in total, it's amazing because every morning i expect to see a gain.... weird.com!

Jim's just making a veggie soup and we have a huge gammon steak for dinner tonight. Yum!

sounds good and well done on another 1lb lost, with all the lovely food it does seem quite amazing to be losing.

Glad the SW went better with some berries :D I'm really looking forward to having something other than bacon & eggs for breakfast, Saturday - start of Phase 2, is going to be berries with NLY - yum I can't wait :p

Hey peeps

Well only a 1lb loss for me after the second week.... better than nothing i suppose and i have been eating the lushest food and have drank sooooooooooo much red wine. Need to monitor that methinks!!!

Hopefully will see the next pound level tomorrow morning!

Well that's not bad then, especially if you're enjoying the food and a bit too much red wine won't help of course :p

At least it's a loss, it's coming off & you're not hungry and enjoying your food (and wine) - can't say fairer than that really!

Back