My Harcombe plan diary

motherof2

Ok.. back on to the HP after 4 weeks of being “off plan” and gaining 9lbs!!! However, I am surprised it is just 9lbs the way I have been eating. I am keen to eat veggies again rather than crisps, cakes and chocolate! The last time I ate vegetables was Christmas day! I have given away all the left over chocolates, cakes, crisps etc.. and stocked up my fridge and cupboards with harcombe friendly foods. Phase 1 last time for me was hard.. I am expecting it to be again, but looking forward to feeling great again (which was for me about 3 weeks in).
I have done it before, so I know I can do it again. I would like to lose about 2 stone for a special event mid March which I need to wear a dress for, but of course, I am looking long term. I want the weight off for good!!
I am going to start a diary of my journey, more to keep me on track. This forum seems to be very quiet lately, with a few people passing by to ask questions.
So, I start again tomorrow!

Day 1.. nearly over now!

For breakfast I had some bacon & eggs with butter
Lunch I had some brown rice, with veg
For Tea I had Steak and roasted veg
Lots of water to drink and herbal tea
I may have some NLY later if I fancy it.

Physically, I haven’t felt too bad today. The hardest bit will be getting out of the habit of putting food into my mouth without thinking. With preparing food for 2 young children I am going to have work on that ASAP!!!

Sounds like you are off to a good start.I am going to follow your diary every day;)

Angie x

Thanks MissyMV6. It is nice to know there are some people still popping into the Harcombe plan threads!

Day 2. I have been feeling so tired today, not much energy at all. Also, I have been so thirsty. I have been drinking lots of water and a few herbal teas. I haven’t been hungry though!

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled and bacon
Lunch- brown rice, steak and veg
Tea- Chicken ad veg.
Evening snack- NLY

So far so good!

Hi. I'm here. On Day 3. Getting really sick of bacon and eggs! Was glad to stop eating crap though.

Thanks MissyMV6. It is nice to know there are some people still popping into the Harcombe plan threads!

Day 2. I have been feeling so tired today, not much energy at all. Also, I have been so thirsty. I have been drinking lots of water and a few herbal teas. I haven’t been hungry though!

Breakfast- 2 eggs scrambled and bacon
Lunch- brown rice, steak and veg
Tea- Chicken ad veg.
Evening snack- NLY

So far so good!

It's great that you are not feeling hungry.Hope you don't feel so tired tomorrow x
Angie

Hi Coley144, Yes I am getting a bit sick of bacon and eggs. I am looking forward to eating the puffed rice again for breakfast. Much quicker to prepare!

Thanks Missy, today I am not feeling so tired, either that or I am so used to feeling tired!!!!
I weighed myself this morning and have lost 3lb!! Plus I tested my pee and the strip turned pink!

Breakfast- bacon and eggs
Lunch- Chicken salad
Tea- a huge bowl of chilli and my rice allowance
Snack- NLY

My appetite is definitely reducing and I am not so obsessed with food!

You're doing great. I'm on my last day of phase one. I'm six pounds down so very happy with that. I hope that phase two works for me.

Hi Coley144, Yes I am getting a bit sick of bacon and eggs. I am looking forward to eating the puffed rice again for breakfast. Much quicker to prepare!

Thanks Missy, today I am not feeling so tired, either that or I am so used to feeling tired!!!!
I weighed myself this morning and have lost 3lb!! Plus I tested my pee and the strip turned pink!

Breakfast- bacon and eggs
Lunch- Chicken salad
Tea- a huge bowl of chilli and my rice allowance
Snack- NLY

My appetite is definitely reducing and I am not so obsessed with food!

Great news :)
Angie x

You are doing great Coley144! I found phase 2 more tricky in terms of putting foods together to make a meal. Maybe we could share some ideas?

Yesterday and today have been hectic, but I have stuck to plan. It takes so much more time to prepare and cook meals that are healthy, rather than to open up a packet or rely on processed meals! The effort is worth it in the end..I hope!

Breakfast- ham and boiled egg
Lunch- salmon salad
Tea- steak and roasted vegetables
Snack- NLY and puffed rice

Its my last day on phase 1 today. I am going to introduce new foods gradually so to keep an idea of what may slow my weight loss down. I am going to introduce skimmed milk first so I can have puffed rice with milk for breakfast and milk in decaf tea.

Weigh day tomorrow!

Meal ideas...well here's some.
- Ham, mushroom and cheese omelette with salad
- Veg soup with bread
- Beef bolognese in a baked butternut squash, with cheese and salad.

Today I had two of the above. Yum!

Good luck for the weigh in!

Thanks Coley144 for some great ideas. It is so easy to be eating the same foods and get really bored!

It was WI day today and am pleased to have lost 6lbs :). So I need to lose another 3lbs to get back to what I weighed in end of Nov, before 4 weeks of eating processed foods and lots of chocolate! Hopefully I will lose that this week, so I can get back on track.

I had milk and cheese today! I do love cheese!

Well done you! I am so far enjoying phase two of the diet and have lost another pound so 7 in 7 days. Long may it continue.

It is great isn’t it!
Day 2 of phase 2
The first time I did phase 1 I felt so tired and suffered badly with headaches. However, I found the second week harder, but the third week I felt fantastic! So far I haven’t had any headaches; however, I have felt a bit achy and sweaty. At first I thought I was coming down with the seasonal flu going around, but then I remembered reading about it in the book, that the body is getting rid of the toxins etc.
Breakfast- puffed rice and skimmed milk
Lunch- left over chilli with cheese
Tea- Aubergine bake (from recipe book)
Snack- NLY

Its day 4 of Phase 2
The scales don’t seem to be moving! I think maybe it is cheese? I do love it and have just had some for breakfast in an omelette. I think maybe I will try to stay away from it in the next few days.
Yesterday I made some soup. It was delicious, so will be eating it again today.

I'm up 2 pounds this week. I figure its the carbs. It's ok cos its just putting back the water I lost last week. I'm still eating less so I'm hoping it will even out.

I think I will be up on last weeks weight when I weigh in on Sunday. I am trying not to be too despondent about it. I am trying to look at the bigger picture. I want this weight off for life, not just for spring.

I did have a wobble 2 days ago and had some 75% chocolate. This must have triggered something and I cannot stop thinking about chocolate! I haven’t gone out to buy some though which is excellent for me. I need to start eating the NLY again!

I'm up 2 pounds this week. I figure its the carbs. It's ok cos its just putting back the water I lost last week. I'm still eating less so I'm hoping it will even out.

Have you introduced bread? I find I get bloated whenever I eat bread. What Zoe suggests is to go back to phase 1 foods and just introduce one new food every 3 days..continue weighing yourself and find out what you are intolerant to.

I need to focus! I cannot stop eating sugar! I am on a sugar overload and looking for more! :break_diet:

Decided I am going to get back on track right this minute, not tomorrow or next week. Right now!

Needless to say I put on 1lb last week, not bad considering. I need to think what is causing my sugar binges! It will be a difficult few days ahead to get me to stop. Weirdly, I have stayed away from bread. It is not carbs I have been craving, its just sugar (chocolate to be precise).

My tastes are changing too. I was given some rather expensive hot chocolate for Christmas. It said in the instructions to add sugar, normally I would have put loads in, but I found it sweet enough. I had muesli for breakfast, but after a mouthful threw the rest away as it was too sweet. Also I have had such stomach ache the past few days. I know it must be a reaction to the sugars and carbs I have eaten. As if losing weight should be enough for me to cut out the sugars, I even ignore the stomach pains and continue to hurt my body..! Why oh why??

Anyway.. I have my fridge crammed full of Harcombe friendly foods.. I htink phase 1 beckons!

Back