My head is all over the place

Yvonne1989

Needs to stop eating!!
I have been on CD for about 6 1/2 weeks and lost 21.5lbs, I have been nibbling basically everyday over the past few weeks. I start uni in about 6/7 weeks and wanted to be at goal by then. But seems like I wont be...i love CD but hate myself for having to go on it by getting so fat so have started to hate the diet, which is why im nibbling. Past few days have been really bad because its my birthday on Weds and i cant even eat properly or drnik, sensible people would have done 100% until theur birthday and then maybe had a meal and drink on the day...but nooo not me!! I have been missing eating so badly, and when I do nibble I dont feel terribly guilty which I reckon is the reason why I keep picking. So yesterday I had a binge, and am going to do 100% SS today...so far have had 1.5 ltrs of water and will have my 1st shake in 30mins. I really want to be 10st(or less!!) by the time I start uni...but i wanna be well off CD by then. My head is in the right place now, how do I know this? Because I am writing this thread. :)

I so know how you feel after having a lousy week. I too want to be slim to go back to uni and picking isn't going to help yet I have still done it. So far today I have had 2 litres water and 1st shake. I am going to get drinking more water now before I do some ironing to keep busy.

How much water are you drinking a day rejectdoll? I am trying for about 3ltrs, I drink a ltr more when I have nibbled. Think I'll only do 3ltrs today as I dont plan to pick/nibble.

Why don't you do your 810 week early then get back on the SS wagon? I did mine early to coincide with us going on holiday-might just be what you need?

I have had a few 810 days, but i have still nibbled even when on it so it wont work for me :(

Hate to break it to you but I'm not sure how you'd be off CD in 6 weeks time. After you have reached goal, it's really in your interest to follow the steps back up to normal food. SS tell us how to stop eating, the steps teach you how to eat in a controlled way and that's normally 7 weeks :)

Btw, a really good book about eating is called Eating Less. May be a good birthday present from you to you :)

Last edited:
I do plan to follow the steps to maintenance, I will go up the plans in about 3 weeks. I HAVE to be off CD when I start uni....I dont wanna get picked on at lunchtimes because Im eating a CD bar :p lol. Im not a fan of literature about eating less tbh but thanks for the tip :)

I am also happy to stop CD at 10st 7lbs, so I have that 6 weeks to loose about 21-28lbs. I am 3lbs down from my last WI and am not having a WI this week so by next WI I am hoping to report a big loss which will take my closer to my goal.

How much water are you drinking a day rejectdoll? I am trying for about 3ltrs, I drink a ltr more when I have nibbled. Think I'll only do 3ltrs today as I dont plan to pick/nibble.

I drink about 5 litres a day most days. Done 3 already today!

I usually make myself drink a litre before 1st shake, a litre before lunch soup, 2 litres before tea-time shake and the rest during the evening. I try to drink rather than pick at food but I succumbed last week.

I had an extra litre before 1st shake this morning and now 3 litres almost done! Then I shall have my soup!

Well I managed 100%...im so happy, it was hard but well worth it but now I feel all bloated boo hoo. Had about 4ltrs of water too. :)

Lol Jim, I was only messing. Its just not practical for me to do CD whilst at uni...drinking all that water and running to the toilet during lectures, I just cant do it!

OK, I'm going to say a few things... the vibes I'm picking up from your posts. You may not like it but it is the truth as I see it from here..... Don't get me wrong there's not judgement I just want you to see what you are saying in a different way:

"I have been nibbling because I miss food"
Translate: I'm not ready to be abstinent/ I don't want this enough to stick with it

"past few days have been really bad because it's my birthday on Wednesday"
Translate: The only way I can treat myself is to eat/ I don't want this badly enough to stick with it.

"I'm not a fan of literature about eating less tbh"
Translate: Bingeing isn't abnormal, I don't have a problem. I don't need to learn how to eat less/ I don't want this badly enough to stick with it

"It's not practical for me to do this at uni drinking all that water and running to the loo during lectures"
Translate: I don't want this badly enough to stick with it.

Now you can argue all you like about how difficult it is for you, but until you have your head in the right place, frankly IMO you are wasting you time and money and expending extra emotional energy which is leading you to eat more..... Until you really really really want this, you will continue to make excuses not to stick with it 100%.

Sorry if you disagree, maybe I'm wrong, but I've been there, and worn that t shirt, and, until you stop making excuses, even to yourself you will be stuck in this cycle of lose weight, binge gain weight, lose weight, binge, gain weight.

Back