My Journey Back From Cancerland - Population: Too Many

Rossco

My friend suggested I start Vlogging about my journey back from sickness. This page is for those moments when maybe I'm not as strong as I should be and need a little boost.

Last night was pretty tough. I ended up in hospital with a friend. She's fine now but a night of sitting around in hospital chairs has done my shoulder no good. I'm not long home and kinda went a little crazy with the food. I generally have a 4 egg omelette cooked in 1cal loaded with spiced tomatoes and spinach cooked in a little olive oil. This morning I scrambled 6 eggs and had baked beans (even though I HATE them). So my usual 344 kcal breakfast turned into an 827 kcal monstrosity. It won't be disastrous providing I keep totally on top of my consumption for the rest of the day.

Hi, I have just watched your vlog and was so moved by your openness and honesty. I hope that you get to where you want to be, and get back the love of your life. I too have had the big C and dealt with a few other shitty curve balls life's thrown at me (like being suddenly widowed at 54 when the love of my life was killed in a motorbike accident.) You have to keep picking yourself up. I know it sounds cheesy and a cliche but I do look back now on all the crap things that happened to me and know it's made me a tougher more resilient person...you have to be kind to yourself, looking after yourself isn't being selfish. But also being slim doesn't guarantee that it will make everything else right, if somebody really loves you they will love you for the person you are. I know from experience when I lose weight I am happier, more confident and probably more fun to be around but I'm still the same old me... I just worry that you're seeing losing weight as being a silver bullet to get your girlfriend back, and how you will feel if that doesn't happen even if you do? I really do hope it does all work out for you, and wish you all the best, most importantly for good health for the future x

Hi, I have just watched your vlog and was so moved by your openness and honesty. I hope that you get to where you want to be, and get back the love of your life. I too have had the big C and dealt with a few other shitty curve balls life's thrown at me (like being suddenly widowed at 54 when the love of my life was killed in a motorbike accident.) You have to keep picking yourself up. I know it sounds cheesy and a cliche but I do look back now on all the crap things that happened to me and know it's made me a tougher more resilient person...you have to be kind to yourself, looking after yourself isn't being selfish. But also being slim doesn't guarantee that it will make everything else right, if somebody really loves you they will love you for the person you are. I know from experience when I lose weight I am happier, more confident and probably more fun to be around but I'm still the same old me... I just worry that you're seeing losing weight as being a silver bullet to get your girlfriend back, and how you will feel if that doesn't happen even if you do? I really do hope it does all work out for you, and wish you all the best, most importantly for good health for the future x

I'm really sorry to hear of your struggles. It's inspiring that you can be so strong after going through what you have! My major problem is I'm guarded and closed off, I couldn't open up. If she saw that video she would be like " why couldn't you be like that with me?!" And yeah, I know that losing weight and trying to build my confidence won't guarantee anything, but neither will not trying I guess. It's a big ask asking anyone to be okay with my size right now. We live in an age where everyone is recyclable; if you don't like something about a person then you just go online and find a replacement. It's understandable but it's also kinda sad.

So yeah, after my disastrous start to the day yesterday I managed to pull it back together and get back on track instantly. What would have traditionally turned into a massive moment of self-destruction turned out not so bad.

Awesome. I'm enjoying your videos so far. A healthy diet that promotes a normal weight, along with exercise is always overlooked by doctors to solve most of humans' ills because Big Pharma can't make money off these simple solutions. I will be following you, so good luck.

Back