My journey back to target after pregnancy :)

Lucylu79

Gold Member
I'm done, I have 2 beautiful boys and that's all I ever wished for! All that's left is to get back to target and be healthy as well as happy.

I plan on re-joining SW this week, the day before NYE which just happens to be my last 'naughty' night that appears in my diary, i'm hoping it won't be too bad - i'm not cooking but it's at my house so I have a say in what we eat :) Luckily my best friend who's coming is pregnant so drinking isn't something thrown in my face and I can let the boys drink their beer whilst I catch up with my bestie drinking sparkling water!

A bit about me......... I have been at target twice so I know I can get there again, I had my second child 10 weeks ago and i'm more than ready to get back on plan, and looking forward to getting back into some decent clothes!

I've written my first week food plan so I have no excuses - Hubby is 100% on board as he needs to lose weight too so it's all good!

I'm hoping to start exercising next week too - I used to run and my last run was at 16 weeks pregnant and I did my usual 5k without stopping, something I know I will have to work towards!!! I'm not a natural runner by any means, in fact my knees hurt most of the time and it stops me from enjoying it some of the time. I'm planning on starting the 30 day shred, but maybe just try and follow the plan at my pace rather than exhausting myself doing it every day - Little one isn't sleeping through the night so the last thing I want is to set myself unrealitic goals! Saying that though.....A goal would be nice to aim towards....I'm going to say 7pounds by the end of Jan.

As for numbers, my target weight was 8st 2 as I am only 4ft 11. I had already crept up a bit to 8st 7 when I fell pregnant and at 38 weeks I weighed 10st 7 when I finished SW.

I think I weigh around the 10st mark at the moment but I will update that after I re-join. I did see 9st 8 a few weeks ago and I remember thinking i've only got 1stone to get back to pre-pregnancy weight but I've messed around since and am really feeling it too, especially around the waist!!!!

Here's to a new year, a new chapter with my hubby and our 2 boys and my journey back to a lighter me!!!!
x-x-x

I'm done, I have 2 beautiful boys and that's all I ever wished for! All that's left is to get back to target and be healthy as well as happy.

I plan on re-joining SW this week, the day before NYE which just happens to be my last 'naughty' night that appears in my diary, i'm hoping it won't be too bad - i'm not cooking but it's at my house so I have a say in what we eat :) Luckily my best friend who's coming is pregnant so drinking isn't something thrown in my face and I can let the boys drink their beer whilst I catch up with my bestie drinking sparkling water!

A bit about me......... I have been at target twice so I know I can get there again, I had my second child 10 weeks ago and i'm more than ready to get back on plan, and looking forward to getting back into some decent clothes!

I've written my first week food plan so I have no excuses - Hubby is 100% on board as he needs to lose weight too so it's all good!

I'm hoping to start exercising next week too - I used to run and my last run was at 16 weeks pregnant and I did my usual 5k without stopping, something I know I will have to work towards!!! I'm not a natural runner by any means, in fact my knees hurt most of the time and it stops me from enjoying it some of the time. I'm planning on starting the 30 day shred, but maybe just try and follow the plan at my pace rather than exhausting myself doing it every day - Little one isn't sleeping through the night so the last thing I want is to set myself unrealitic goals! Saying that though.....A goal would be nice to aim towards....I'm going to say 7pounds by the end of Jan.

As for numbers, my target weight was 8st 2 as I am only 4ft 11. I had already crept up a bit to 8st 7 when I fell pregnant and at 38 weeks I weighed 10st 7 when I finished SW.

I think I weigh around the 10st mark at the moment but I will update that after I re-join. I did see 9st 8 a few weeks ago and I remember thinking i've only got 1stone to get back to pre-pregnancy weight but I've messed around since and am really feeling it too, especially around the waist!!!!

Here's to a new year, a new chapter with my hubby and our 2 boys and my journey back to a lighter me!!!!
x-x-x
Hello, new to this game so a bit confused. I am also rejoining on New Year's Eve. Had been so good until last couple of weeks when it all went pear shape. Actually looking forward to getting back on track.

On the exercise front, how much would you be aiming to do in a typical week? I seem to be able to either just diet or just exercise. When I combine both I seem to be more hungry and eventually cave in and eat like crazy. Just wondering what you/others do. Good luck!

Hello and welcome. Good luck at the start of your new weight loss journey. I'm starting out again after 18 months of hurdles chucked in my way so now (hopefully) nothing will stop me. I'm going to follow your diary if that's ok with you - you've been at target before so following your journey back to target again will be encouraging for me. Good luck for your first weigh in. My first post Christmas weigh in is on Saturday so I'm on damage limitation this week!

Hello, new to this game so a bit confused. I am also rejoining on New Year's Eve. Had been so good until last couple of weeks when it all went pear shape. Actually looking forward to getting back on track.

On the exercise front, how much would you be aiming to do in a typical week? I seem to be able to either just diet or just exercise. When I combine both I seem to be more hungry and eventually cave in and eat like crazy. Just wondering what you/others do. Good luck!
I always get really hungry after exercise, so I take a banana with me. I would normally exercise in an evening, have tea before I go (an hour before) and as soon as the class has finished I eat a banana. I find they really fill you up and it stops me reaching for rubbish which kinda defeats the object of going to the class in the first place!

Hi! Sorry for late reply!! Exercise wise I will just do what I can, taking today for example, my baby slept for only 15 mins this morning but then after another drink he's fast asleep and has been for nearly 2 hours. On monday I plan on taking ds1 to school and then as soon as the baby sleeps I plan on doing 30 day shred to start as I know it's less than 30 mins to complete. On days that hubby is here I intend on going out for a run but it will be more walking than running! It may be every day but at least 3-4 times a week I plan to exercise!!!

Hello and welcome. Good luck at the start of your new weight loss journey. I'm starting out again after 18 months of hurdles chucked in my way so now (hopefully) nothing will stop me. I'm going to follow your diary if that's ok with you - you've been at target before so following your journey back to target again will be encouraging for me. Good luck for your first weigh in. My first post Christmas weigh in is on Saturday so I'm on damage limitation this week!

Hello!! Yes please do follow me - I'm usually a good poster so after I rejoin tonight I will be posting daily almost!!! I've contacted the consultant and told her i'm coming back, i've decided to start again, get a new book, and have the new member talk, hope it spurs me on!!!

I always get really hungry after exercise, so I take a banana with me. I would normally exercise in an evening, have tea before I go (an hour before) and as soon as the class has finished I eat a banana. I find they really fill you up and it stops me reaching for rubbish which kinda defeats the object of going to the class in the first place!

I always eat bananas!! I'm more of a 'eat my tea' after exercise if I do exercise in the evening so I would always have a banana before just to keep me going!

So i'm re-joining tonight after what I think is 12 weeks off. And yes, i've had a baby so i'd love to be going back with a mahoosive weight loss but in reality I weigh 8 lbs more than what I did before Christmas!!
I've decided to start a fresh, its a new consultant so i'd like to hear her new member talk anyway. I'll re-join, get the new pack and treat myself as a newby (with the benefit of knowing the plan)
I've contacted the consultant to tell her my plan so she's not expecting me to weigh and show my weight loss since I weighed last.

It's New Years Eve tomorrow and yes I do have a naughty night planned but i'm hoping I can limit the damage knowing i've re-joined.

Will update with starting weight (eeek) later, Look forward to speaking with you all!!

Lu x

I knew it was bad but seeing it there on those scales makes me realise that re-joining tonight was the right thing to do in more ways than one!

I've got 2 stone to get back to pre-pregnancy weight and a further 4lbs back to my original target of 8st2.

I got back from class totally determined and my uncontrolled meal being cooked for me tomorrow has turned into me cooking so i'm going to do one of my favourite Slimming World meals....Chilli!! I pack it full of veg but add so much spice including smoked paprika that I just love love it!

Wow, probably the most healthiest New Years eve ever! My chilli was lovely, I had it with rice, pineapple salsa and 0% fat yogurt and ignored the guacamole, sour cream and an endless supply of nachos! Go me! I did have 20 syns in total for the day and i'm probably looking at around the same for today but i'm still happy with that!!!

Chicken salad for tea with my new griddle pan, excited!

Morning All!! Its my Birthday and i'm feeling great! Roll on Wed's for weigh in!!!

I must confess I am a serial weigher, have always been and this morning the scales were kind to show me a flicker of the 9's! It settled with 1ost in the end but that flicker was lovely! If it was weigh in today I think i've lost 2lbs but it fluctuates daily (of corse!) so i'm not relying on it, it just helps my mood :)

So yesterday I went out to the in-laws for lunch and they eat a very old fashioned what they consider to be healthy way...
Take yesterday for example.... Home made Cottage Pie with leftover beef they had roasted for new year.
Fried Onions (In Oil), added to the minced up beef (I asked if there was much fat and she said she always removes but wasn't any anyway) topped with mashed potato with butter and milk (!) topped with cheese, gasp!!! I eat my portion, ignored the chips (Frozen bought ones), yorkshire pudding and filled my plate with carrots, sprouts and a few peas, all of which with butter on - Sigh!!! I only had an options light last night as syns so i'm hoping all that didn't take me over 15 but if it did it's done now.
I had a lovely salmon salad for tea and i've got chicken out for chicken salad tonight.

Little One is on the verge of falling asleep so i'm thinking what to have for breakfast!!!

xx

Morning!!! Feel a bit like i've lost my mo-jo with mini's and it's only because it went away, maybe it'll take a while to get back into it because I loves it on here!

So its wed's which means it's weigh in day. I'm feeling like i'm preparing myself for not the best news.... I must be happy at a loss. I mean i've had news years eve, new years and my birthday to deal with in one week. My scales aren't predicting anything more than 2lbs which right now i'm just hoping is actually true! If it's just 1 I will be gutted, and if if it's none, well whole different story!

On the plus side I went for a lovely walk with another mum to a little one yesterday, we went out with our babies and when I said where i'd planned to go she was a bit worried (her baby is 8 weeks and mine 11) about how far it was but she enjoyed it too.

The best news is that i'm currently charging my brand new shiny Garmin running watch!!! I decided to treat myself for my birthday, i usually use mapmyrun and although its great most people in the running club i'm re-joining soon have one so I thought sod it!

I'm hoping to go and plot a route today, I was going to go walking with the baby but i've decided to wait for hubby to wake up and get my gear on and go, i'll see if I can manage a little run but it's likely to be 99% walking today! My aim is to plot at least 3 miles but hopefully 4...Wish me luck!

Update later about weigh in (7pm) and my walk xx

I'm a bit like that with minimins at the moment too. I've got out of the habit of checking in after it just disappeared overnight last time. How did your weigh in go? I do the weighing of people at group and I'm going to give you a mini telling off now. Don't ever be disappointed with tiny losses. We had a woman who we called pound a week Pam. She would (most weeks with the exception of the odd gain) always lose 1lb or half a lb. It really frustrated her but she went on to show us that a slow and steady pace wins the race. She got her target and she was chuffed. Only when she got her target did she then not mind the small losses. They added up and it was going in the right direction. Telling off over hehe. I'd love to get into running but haven't a clue how best to start. I'm 15 stone and have had stress fractures in my legs years ago so I suspect I would do more damage than good at my current weight.

Thankyou! Still haven't managed to get out for that walk/run yet.... My calf was hurting after the walk I did on tues, stupidly I wore wedge shoes to walk what felt like a few miles and half of it uphill so I hurt myself!

My period has returned today, sorry for the tmi...Its my first one in 12 months and its not the nicest. I feel ok, I have had a headache on and off for a day now but what worried me earlier is i've lost 2 big clumps of what looks to be insides?! I've looked online, other women have experienced it so i've decided that I will see what happens by 4pm today. If it continues I will call the doctors just for some reassurance for the weekend really!

Grabbing a couple of mins whilst lo is down for a nap, he must be going through a growth spurt as since yesterday he's only sleeping for about 45 mins at a time and waking crying but can easily be soothed.

Had his 12 week health visitor appoint yesterday, in 1 month he's only gained a pound so he's dropped down under the 25th percentile, she says its nothing to worry about but still, its made me be more aware of how much he's drinking so i'm writing it all down today.

Diet wise i'm still on track, the best thing that's happening right now is that Hub's is also on a diet so he's not tempting me with offering's of a glass of wine in the evening, in fact we haven't drank any alcohol on a 'school night' and i've not gone over 15 syns when we had a drink on fri and sat this weekend. Actually i'm enjoying my options of an evening and even hub's has one with me! Alcohol is one of those things that holds me back whilst dieting, don't get me wrong me aren't alcoholics (although it might sound like it!) we have 2 kids so we might share a bottle of wine or have a couple of g & t's but its the other things that come with drinking....the munchies for one! Not to mention that alcohol is just so high in syns.

I did have a sneaky weigh at home this morning and saw a lovely 9st12 but i've got another day yet and still have my period so it could jump back up yet.

Exercise wise i've done nothing!! I have however done something I needed to do before I started running again which was re-start my physio and feeling good about that :)

Back