My Journey - Day 63!

Well done Sparkle on the weight loss!

Have your tried a cup of hot milk before bed time to see if that helps?

Love Mini xxx

Sandy - don't be silly! Thanks all of you for your support!

Our area manager was over on the island today. He went out on client visits with one of my collegues, and then when he came in the branch in the afternoon the first thing he said was "You look well!". He put his briefcase and laptop down on the desk, came back over with some receipts for some money (I look after petty cash) and then looked up again and said "You've lost weight!". He then commented again on how well I look, and that I've done well!

It was really nice, because family and collegues see me everyday so it's not so obvious to them, however he only comes over once a fortnight, if that. So him noticing really cheered me up! I felt really good!

Before then I felt a bit low this afternoon. I think it's because I feel so tired. I'm getting better sleep now, the doctor gave me anti-anxiety pills and they're helping. I also have a sleeping tablet on my bedside cabinet which is a bit like a safety net! So the last two nights I've got to sleep fine and have had a really nice sleep - so I don't understand feeling so tired.

Maybe it's because I was taking sleeping tablets? Although they help you sleep do they affect the quality? Then again, even when I was taking them I was still falling asleep a couple hours after I usually would. I don't know. I'm sleeping now which is the main thing!

I can't believe I've stuck 100% to the plan for 38 days now! I'm so happy, and proud of myself!! Yay me! :D

Well done you - 38 days is great!!

What a confidence boost that must be, someone noticing youve lost weight, I cant wait to get to that stage.

Glad to hear youre sleeping better too, I can cope with most things so long as I get enough sleep!!

It really is a fantastic feeling! It put a smile on my face for the rest of the day, and just gave me even MORE motivation!

Marie, just take it one day at a time. Soon you will have stuck to it for a whole week, and then two weeks, and then three and then a month!! The longer you stick to it, the less you want to cheat/have a day off! You'll get there hun!

Shopping trip is Thursday 5th April! I'm very excited. I'm not even going to think of the possibility of getting a smaller size. I'll be happy if I can get into size 16s easy and comfotably. Size 14 at a push would be very nice obviously, but I prefer to set a lower goal and overacheive, then set a high goal and underachieve.

Sandy - I'm the same. I'm one of theose that the saying "It'll look better in the morning after a good nights sleep!" was written for. As long as I'm well rested and have had plenty of sleep, then I find it an awful lot easier to deal with what life throws at me!

Thanks Marie. Having support helps so much! As does MiniMins!

I have to admit to have struggled a little bit this week. I had a really hard time at work last week - it's improved a little now, I'm not happy, but it's enough for now. Anyway, I desperately wanted to turn to comfort eating, there were times when I just thought "Stuff the diet!"... But I stuck to it!

The reason? The points I have every day..? At the moment that's the one thing I'm completely sure about and have control over. I don't know what I'm going to do about work... I'm planning on sticking it out until the end of March when I can phone the local tv station again, and then review the situation then. But I don't actually know, or have any specific control. I can control whether or not I stay or go, but I can't control what opportunities are out there, and if my ideal job will get offered to me.

But I can control what I eat and drink. Although I can't control the amount I lose each week, I can control the fact that it will keep coming off! That's one of the main things keeping me going now. Everything is out of my hands, except for that. So that's what I'm focusing on. And it seems to be working!

I'm so happy!

And so motivated!

And so completely in control! :D

Sparkle Im on the complete same wavelength as you!! I love this diet and the support off the site! Im so focused and motivated and reading diaries like yours helps! Weight loss isnt supposed to be easy but no matter if you lose half a pound one week, your still that little bit closer to your goal! Keep reaching for the stars you will get there eventually :rolleyes: xxx

Well I'm struggling. Think it's because I'm feeling a bit low. I weighed myself this morning - I know I shouldn't have! - and I'd put on 2lbs!? I've been sticking to my points so techincally I shouldn't have. I know I've been using my points on snacky/treaty food, but I didn't expect that to put weight on!

My mum said it might also be the sleeping tablets and anxiety tablets slowing down my metabolism. I'm not sure if that's possible, but I suppose it would make sense.

I'm just feeling so low at the moment, I don't want to bother worrying about my weight, I just want to curl up and watch some tv and eat what I want, when I want. But my weight is one of the things that gets me down so I have to stick to it.

I don't know, I'm probably not making any sense.

I feel really lonely.

Dont give up sparkle, you will feel 10 times worse if you do. If that is the case with your metabolism then think how much weight you will gain if you eat what you want when you want. Youve got to think to yourself what you want the most, to fail and gain wait but be eating, or to suceed be patient and eventually see results. Theres no need to feel lonely when there so many supportive people on here xxx

Last edited:
Sparkle, Im so sorry to see you so down. Having suffered from depression in the past I know what its like, I know too that theres nothing I or anyone else can really say to help at the moment.

DO stick with WW though, if you dont youll feel all the worse, at least your diet is something positive just now. And keep off those scales til Monday ;)

I hate the thought of you feeling lonely! Know we're all here for you or if you want to PM or email me at any time feel free.

*HUGS*

Hi Sparkle,

Your mum is probably right that the medication could be the medication and I would just give it time for your body to adjust to it.

How is your water intake? For you know if your not drinking enough water your body will retain and also you might be due totm.

This last week has been very difficult, so you have to cut yourself some slack and be gentle with yourself. I know for me when I get down that a good brisk walk does help to lift the mood.

Plan to do something nice for yourself this weekend.

I see you like creative writing, perhaps you could write down how your feeling now, do a sketch on how you would react to the situation if you had just won the lotto and how the out come you have experienced in the office could of been different with a little imagination, it might help release some of the bent up anger and frustration.

When we feel trapped by our situations and feel overwhelmed and helpless, this is the very time depression can take up residence in our heads...

Writing down how you feel and seeing it from another angle just might trigger some new ideas and solutions you might not otherwise have thought about.

Hugs.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you so much everyone, your support and advice has really helped me!

I decided to have the weekend off. On Friday evening, Saturday and Sunday I ate what I wanted when I wanted. And I don't regret it or feel bad. I needed to focus on me, my emotions and get my head straight.

I'm feeling better - although worried about jinxing it by saying that! lol

Anyway, I put two pound on this week - but I knew that on Friday, and even eating what I want over the weekend (and drinking wine! Yum!) hasn't put anymore on.

So I'm back on the plan today, and as positive as ever. I think that the break really did me good.

Hey Marie,

Thanks for the lovely post. Sorry I haven't been here for a while. Have had a lot going on, with worrying that my depression was back, and stuff at work, and not sleeping. Gradually getting sorted out, in fact I'm significantly better then I was last week. Although I'm still having trouble sleeping.

To be honest when I got weighed a couple of days early, and saw that I'd put on 2lbs even though I'd stuck to it completely it did make me think 'Why Bother?'. And then with everything going on I decided to take a break from the diet. Just focus on me, my head, my emotions, trying to sort my life out. So I was off the diet for the rest of the weekend - and last week. Quite a few days I tried to get restarted, but fell off the wagon later in the day.

Anyway, I started afresh on Monday, and I've stuck to it 100%. Not just sticking to it, but making wise food choices as well. I'm having a lot of fruit. Although I still have my shopping trip in site, and a lot of weight to go until I'm at goal - I'm just taking it one day at a time. Also planning on saving up points during the week so that I can have a treat at the weekend.

I think my two main problems before were 1) Unwise food choices - sweet things where you don't get much for the points, rather then healthy things where you could have a whole meal! and 2) Being too strict. Not going out, not having any wine, not having lunch out with my mum on a Sunday etc.

So, my diet seems to be back on track. I'm still working on 'me', but I'm going to get back to posting more here because it does help to have a 'community' for support.

That's my update! :)

Thanks hun! Sending you positive diet vibes for the re-start tomorrow!

I've started the March Challenge, and I'll ask Mini to Un-Sticky the February one, and Sticky the March one tomorrow!

My plan is to save points during the week, so that I can have a treat at the weekend. Having spoken to my mum she said it's not like we have to have a blow out - we could go out and share a scone, or some cake, between us! But it's a treat all the same.

Back