my journey to reach a size 12

Slinkyson

Gold Member
A little about me!
My name is Sonia im 30 years young! Im an educator in the Nort West and teach Beauty therapy at a local college. Ive been a yo-yo dieter from my early teens, i grew up watching my mum yo-yo diet so i think i just copied! Like most ive tried all diets but never JUDDD, i have had great results with vlcd's in the past but long term the weight always creeps back on! sw and ww i find both of them great plans but losses are very slow! so here i am to do a mixture of what has worked in the past and still be able to enjoy nice food even a little chocolate now and again

So here goes today is my first dd I've got my oh on this now after he watched that programme on the horizon Chanel about eat, fast and life longer! I'm so chuffed he's doing it too :) here's to a fab dd xx

Thanks so much Pauline and passionflower :) woop woop loving it is far, I have only been up an hour or so! Let's hope I'm still this motivated later today sure I will be :)))))) have a great day xxx

Good luck to both you and your OH on your down day today, I've found the down days quite easy so far apart from yesterdays but that was down to stress lol, the weight loss on JUDDD could be slow compared to a VLCD but from what others and myself have noticed is that inch loss is sometimes quicker than what the scales show lol xxx

Inch loss is much more important to me I do t care if I weigh 12 stone as long as I'm a comfy size 12 with a little less wobble lol! I just live the fact that I can eat every other day it's ace! Going to exercise and keep carbs relatively low as I'm still in ketosis!

Ok so im over half way through my DD and all ive had is about 1.5 litres of water and 1 atkins bar 240cals, im not sure whether to have upto 500cals or have 365 which is what the calculator thing on the main website tells me to do if i want to lose at 20% ummm desicions desicions!

Lol yeah, inch loss is more important to me too as I'd like to be a size 8, but went from a 12 to a 10 in one week :) My calculator tells me 384 I think it was but I go closer to 500 and on my up days do 2000 cals and I still lost 2lbs this week so it still works if you have a few more calories than the calculator says. I'm doing it that way because then if I stall I'll go by what my calculations are.

Yeah thats a good idea, im expecting a gain either this week or next with coming over from a vlcd! however im still debating whether to try and keep in ketosis and use atkins principles on my up days! tomorrow is my up day so i'll see how i feel i may just think sod it and head straight for the biscuits lol! im currently attempting to make carb free bread it tastes like pancakes lol

So today has gone like this:
DD
Breakfast: black coffee
Mid morning: black decaf
Lunch: Atkins bar 240cals
Mid afternoon: coke zero, diet cream soda
Dinner: home made lean mince balls x 2 =100 cals with salad 60cals

Total 400 cals :)

Well done sounds like your getting on ace so far

Ill deffo be giving this a try at goal :)

Xxxx

Thanks huni I'm loving it! Had a down day yesterday and up day today so had a bacon and mushroom omelette for breakfast now off to Chester zoo I thought if wake up starving being able to eat and all but I'm quite the opposite not hungry at all which is odd, physiologically I thought I'd want to stuff chocolate down my throat but nope I don't! Very strange feeling and my scales broke Monday so I have no idea what I weigh buying new ones later :)

Second down day has t been great feel exhausted although I have you'd reason been non stop working since 8.30am didn't even have time to drink, pee or eat just got home now food time not good I'm not hungry but need to eat

2ibs is excellent well done Hun! I'm just nipping to but some new scales, my waist is defo smaller my clothes are swinging on me but as far as weight loss on the scales go I'm unsure as to what I weigh! I'll be weighing on weds for my official weight I really hope to be in the 11s by weds :)

Well I'm defo doing it something wrong or at least I think I am! I'm still 12 stone so lost 1b since weds I no I have a few days till wi but usually I see more lbs gone in 4 days but I think my problem is I'm still in ketosis as I do slim and save Atkins style so no more than 15g carbs on a dd and loads of meat, cheese and veg in an up day with again very low carbs! I'm scared of putting the glucose weight back on from my vlcd arghhhh

Well dd over with and it wasn't to bad that's my 3rd one done, by weds wi I will have done 4 DD''s & 3 UD's so I should see some sort of loss :) today is my up day and I intend to get as close to 2000 cals as I can :) it's days like this I wish I had a gym membership but I'm not rejoining a gym I always do this I rejoin, go for a week then don't go hardly for the next 11months so no I'm not doing instead I'm on eBay looking at an cross trainer or a bike! It's too wet and cold to go walking

Urgh feel huge :( ate an omelette with salad now I'm sooooooo bloated! I'm really struggling to reach 2000 cals I think I'm just going to carry on as I am and see what weds brings if it isn't the news I want then I'll see what I can do then! But today is an up day I've walked nearly 5miles and ate about 1000cals if that!

Slinkyson said:
Urgh feel huge :( ate an omelette with salad now I'm sooooooo bloated! I'm really struggling to reach 2000 cals I think I'm just going to carry on as I am and see what weds brings if it isn't the news I want then I'll see what I can do then! But today is an up day I've walked nearly 5miles and ate about 1000cals if that!

That's what I'm wondering about tomorrow
I've been having about 800 calories on dukan and even that was alot
I can't understand yet how to get up to 2000 without eating rubbish which I don't want to do!! Hmmmm!!!

Back