My journey to slim and happy...

I don't do the cupboard cleaning but I do start going through drawers/wardrobes and getting rid of stuff. The last few days I have been packing up my house ready to move so been kept busy x

Oh. I have a love/hate with moving house, Jewel! Packing up to move is probably the best part for me. I get to go through all of our old stuff and have a great proper clear out! haha. The rest of it kinda sucks though.

Morning everyone! Hope youve had a great start to the year M xx

I hate hate hate moving house. Maybe that's why I'm staying put where I am although it's not ideal. I've done my fair share of house moves and I guess I got put off.

How is everyone today?

I'm at work just had my lunch. I hat the tomato soup with some zero noodles. Quite nice actually. I've never ordered s&s soups before in fear they would be similar to the lighter life ones which are truly vile. I'm positively surprised.

Other than that nothing to report. Can't wait for my first weigh in on Sunday now.

M x

I'm a Sunday weigher too, can't wait x

I was in RAF and moved around a lot but since leaving 5 years ago I have moved house 7 times, this will be the 8th and final time! I hate moving, I hate packing and I hate unpacking! x

Hi gang.
;)
So my parents are gone. They left this morning and I can't stop crying :(
Life sucks sometimes. I got so used to them being around it sure feels lonely in my house now. You'd think that after 15 years it'd get easier to say goodbye to them but no. It gets harder every time. They're both in their 70's and not of great health. I hate the fact we live so far away from each other (my sister and I both live in abroad). I want them near me. I want to look after them and make sure they're safe. I'm actually contemplating moving them over here. They could sell their house back there and we could buy somewhere here so we can all be together.
I'm extremely close to my family and I just want everyone to be happy.
I'm very sad but at the same time I'm very grateful. I had the best time. Since I left home in 1999 I've never spent whole 2 weeks with them so I will treasure that forever. It was exactly what I needed.
I feel recharged and ready for this upcoming year.
2014 has to be the year of my transition. I want achieve/ change so many things and I strongly feel that in order for me to get there I need to be slim and fit. My dream is to work in the fitness industry and clearly weighing as much as I do now I won't get very far. I love my current job but I don't want to be retail for the rest of my life. I have maybe a year or two left in me of standing on my feet for 10 hours a day.
I have plantar fasciitis in both of my feet which is largely related to the job I'm doing. I'm in constant pain and even though they say it's not related I'm sure being this heavy doesn't help.
It's time to grow some balls and finally make a permanent change. I keep saying to people, if you're not happy about something change it. It's time to start practicing what I preach damnit!
I am slightly angry at myself to be honest. I really thought I had this the last time I lost the weight. I kept it off for over 2 years. Then a major kick in the butt from life and back I am turning to feed for comfort. How do I break this self destructive cycle. Is it breakable?
I sure shall find out this year. I'm tired of this bs.

On a positive note. It's day 6!
Had my first pack about an hour ago. I was out of the house by 7 to drop mum and dad off to the airport so I didn't bother with packs till I got back. I need to catch up with my water though as I didn't drink much all morning.
Looking forward to my first weigh in on Sunday :)
Hope everyone is cool.

M x

Aww sorry you are feeling sad as your Mum and Dad have gone home, I know it's nowhere near the same but we're all here to talk to. I live away from my family too but not as far as being across sea, they're in Scotland and I'm in England. I do miss them at times but I am so independent (think it's because I was in RAF for 10 years) that I need my own space again after a couple of days of being around them lol.

You sound very determined to change this year and I believe you will do it. I would also love to be in the fitness industry, used to be very fit and hope to get that back when I shed some weight x

You sound so determined. I know what you mean about wanting to be close to your parents. I hate living here so much, mostly because I miss my best friend - she is like a sister to me - and my family :( This is the year, though. Im going to get to goal and Im going to get my little family back home, where I belong. :D Come hell or high water. I will not give up.

Day 6, already? Wow...its flown by! I cant wait for WI on Sunday. I am keeping my WI the same day, even though I didnt actually start back on plan until Wednesday this week. I weighed myself last sunday though....so I will just log this Sunday's result as week 1 and keep going.

So excited!

Oh..and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot and you know what the weirdest thing is? Its actually getting WORSE as time goes on. I thought, for sure, it was directly relted to my weight...and as I lost weight it would get better. Sadly, that hasnt been the case. I dont know how you cope with the pain and being on your feet. Although, that said, mine is worse after Ive walked a lot. Not DURING the actual walking. its a horrible thing, anyway. Ive ordered some insoles to see if that helps at all. :( xx Its agony (and Ive had 2 kids, completely without any form of pain relief) lol !!

Thanks ladies. I really appreciate your kind words and support. I'm here on my own which is why it's so much harder to say goodbye to my loved ones. That's another thing. I've been single for far too long now lol it's time to get out there and start dating again. I need to get over this complete fear of trusting a man again. Not all men a *******s and I need to start believing it.
The trouble is. I completely lost my confidence which is why losing weight for good matters more to me than ever!
I can do it..

M x

Oh..and I have plantar fasciitis in my right foot and you know what the weirdest thing is? Its actually getting WORSE as time goes on. I thought, for sure, it was directly relted to my weight...and as I lost weight it would get better. Sadly, that hasnt been the case. I dont know how you cope with the pain and being on your feet. Although, that said, mine is worse after Ive walked a lot. Not DURING the actual walking. its a horrible thing, anyway. Ive ordered some insoles to see if that helps at all. :( xx Its agony (and Ive had 2 kids, completely without any form of pain relief) lol !!

Oh honey. I know all about pain. I've been riddled with it for months and months. I've seen a rheumatologist and a podiatrist about it, I've had steroid injections and nothing helps. I'm having a made to measure insoles made for me and I just bought a pair of mbt work shoes. Both cost me fortune so I really hope it will help somewhat. The worst thing is that it stops metros training. I practically can't do any high impact exercise. It hurts too much. All my running, circuits etc are completely out of the window. I cannot live without my exercise. I need it and I miss it badly.
:(

M x

Thanks ladies. I really appreciate your kind words and support. I'm here on my own which is why it's so much harder to say goodbye to my loved ones. That's another thing. I've been single for far too long now lol it's time to get out there and start dating again. I need to get over this complete fear of trusting a man again. Not all men a *******s and I need to start believing it. The trouble is. I completely lost my confidence which is why losing weight for good matters more to me than ever! I can do it.. M x

Ur reli pretty hun :).... Bt kno wat u mean lacking trust is a huge factor for me tooo..my confidence went dwn the drain wit me ex...and then the odd one or two dudes i do cum cross i alwys find maself comparin n then they dnt tick trhe boxes or i friendzone them n sme vice versa....u can do it n u will do it hun :) woop woop xx

Ur reli pretty hun :).... Bt kno wat u mean lacking trust is a huge factor for me tooo..my confidence went dwn the drain wit me ex...and then the odd one or two dudes i do cum cross i alwys find maself comparin n then they dnt tick trhe boxes or i friendzone them n sme vice versa....u can do it n u will do it hun :) woop woop xx

Thanks Hun. That Prince Charming needs to finally show himself to me ;)

M x

I was considering the injections but not sure its worth it, tbh. Im in agony as it is...but if it doesnt help, it could make it worse and all be for nothing. lol. Blah. My GP doesnt seem to care too much. Ive had this for over a year now...I guess it isnt going anywhere any time soon. I really want to start working out to not only lose more weight but get toned a bit (my loose skin is a bit of a lost cause, really) and to get fitter. but thats like...virtually impossible. Sucks. :(

I was considering the injections but not sure its worth it, tbh. Im in agony as it is...but if it doesnt help, it could make it worse and all be for nothing. lol. Blah. My GP doesnt seem to care too much. Ive had this for over a year now...I guess it isnt going anywhere any time soon. I really want to start working out to not only lose more weight but get toned a bit (my loose skin is a bit of a lost cause, really) and to get fitter. but thats like...virtually impossible. Sucks. :(

Nothing is impossible. To be honest I've been using my injury as an excuse a little. I could have easily done other types of exercises like spinning, swimming, weight training. I just chose not to!
I had to go private to treat my feet as nhs practically washed their hands off me. Hopefully it's worth it.
Speak to someone in your local gym. I'm sure they can give you a program that takes your condition under consideration. My pt completely changed my workouts when it became too painful. The trouble with me is that I like going really hard at the gym otherwise I feel like I'm slacking.
A bit ridiculous really..

M x

Lmaoo ima like that wen i go to the gym i feel like a) im invincible and b) that i can go straight into it so that i can see results quicker and then i get annoyed wen its not happening fast nuf lmaooo x

That's another thing. I've been single for far too long now lol it's time to get out there and start dating again. I need to get over this complete fear of trusting a man again. Not all men a *******s and I need to start believing it.
The trouble is. I completely lost my confidence which is why losing weight for good matters more to me than ever!
I can do it..

M x

I could have written this myself. I was a very confident person until I got fat then my husband cheated on me and I lost every last bit of confidence in myself. I have been single since March 2010 and I haven't even dated. I am determined to get the weight off this year, get my confidence back and find a good man. I do find it very hard to get out there though as I'm a single Mum so have the kids most of the time but hopefully my youngest will be starting the special needs school soon which will give me a couple of hours to myself in the day and I'm going to start going to the gym/running/swimming again. I would love to get a job purely for the social side (and being with adults) but it would be so hard to get a position where I would be allowed time off every week for my daughters therapy! Anyway, sorry for the essay, just understand how you feel with the dating side of things x

It's tough when our parents get to that stage in life and even harder when we are at a distance. I'm sure there should be some sort of manual for ageing parents because it's really hard knowing what to do for the best. You want them to stay independent but you want to help as much as you can. Probably like having children but in reverse. Must be really hard to say goodbye.

Well done for sticking with the plan on a sad day and looking forward to what you want to achieve in 2014. You managed to maintain for a long time before - you can definitely do it again - the big life events you experienced were enough to take anyone off track.

Back