My journey

girlnextdoor

Well were do I start ? Have always been overweight from childhood and have tried just about every diet going without success. I hit 40 last year and decided that I needed to take myself in hand and do something about my weight.

I have a fairly senior position at work and need to "look the part" as well as being able to do my job effectively. What I would give to look good in a suit!!!

Whilst I am good at my job I have major insecurities about myself if that makes sense. I am happy to disucss complex issues with people but really uncomfortable with the way I look because of my size. Anyway I decided in Jan of this year that I needed to lose a considerable amount of weight - I thought about 5 stones until I realised that it is probably nearer 6!!

I started Atkins on the 1st Jan and have bumbled along quite merrily since then with a decent amount of weight loss (although not enough for the suits lol)

Having read this forum I realised that I was pretty much doing this on my own and sharing experiences may aid my motivation in the process. Yesterday I booked my summer holiday and dont want to look rediculous in a swimming costume on the beach so hopefully that will give me the motivation to continue.

Hello and welcome. Good idea to start a diary - helps to keep me going;)

Well what a day - got myself ready to go and see Take That in Manchester !! Lunch of Salad and burger and then a few snacks of Olives and a cheeky G&T when we arrived there!!. I have to say that I have never danced so long in my life ! Im hopeful that will have worked off the G&T. Really struggling to get enough water at the moment so will need to make sure Im concentrating my focus on that this week - so far though feeling good!!

Well today I got into the 14s which I am well chuffed about!! Keeping my water intake up as I feel certain this is the key!! Have my holidays booked in 8 weeks so I am hoping to not sport the shorts stuck up the bum look then!! Happy days - hope you are all having a good one too!!

I'm jealous. Take That and in the 14's. I'm a few pounds off so that's my goal for next week. Our hols are 4 weeks on Sunday so any loss is good. Where are you going?Nosey aren't i?

We are going to Marrakech !!! Very excited !! AND another pound down this morning!! whooop !!

Ooh very exotic. Zante for us but cant wait. Well done on losing another pound. I've found it plus a couple of its mates. Not a happy bunny but hopefully just water and will be gone again soon x

Wow - marrakesh sounds nice. Can i come too? :D

The more the merrier!!! :flirt2:

Leanne1 how do you get the diary thing to count the carbs - mine doesnt look like that (it also has an awful lot more alchohol in it than yours!!!);)

Despite being on atkins for 6 months I really do feel optimistic - i have never stuck to anything for this long and I can see the real results - no one can tell me a 3 stone loss is water !! I feel so determined to carry this through, my head is in the right place, just need my extra waists to follow it!! Good luck everyone, you can do it ... flippin eck if I can, you can !!!

Doing so well this week, really feeling motivated so can someone tell me exactly why I thought fish and chips from the chippy was a good idea last night!! Buggar!!

Back