My Journey :)

LilyPotter

Silver Member
Hello everyone,

Reading all of your stories has really inspired me and I'm hoping that by keeping this diary, it will be something I can look back on and be proud of.

I've lost a considerable amount if weight before (6 stone) a few years ago, then I met my wonderful husband, became extremely content and before I knew it I had put it all back on :(

There are many reasons I need to lose weight but one of the main reasons is that I have PCOS and I will not be offered any additional treatment until I have lost this weight. I want to be healthier, I was to feel sexy, I want to look in the mirror and smile.

One of my very best friends introduced me to the Cambridge diet and having seen the results it has given her, I really wanted to get on that boat and set sail!

So today is day 1, and I'm feeling very motivated. The only struggle I'm having is the amount of water I need to consume. Althought I shall bea this, but it'd a bit of a nightmare with my weak bladder....haha! But I know this will all be worth it.

I weigh in at 18 stone 4 at the moment and for someone who is 5ft 0, this is not a good look!! I have the most supportive husband and friends so I know I CAN do this and that's what I will keep telling myself. I want to be in the position to start a family in 2013....so it's now or never!

Thank you to all of you for sharing your journeys with me, they have been a true inspiration. Roll on the 10 Jan which is my first weigh in......good luck to each and every one of you on your journeys. Any useful tips you can give me would be hugely appreciated.

Lily x

Good luck - we have the same start date and weigh in date ;)

What did you have today??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck you sound really determined so I have every faith you will be successful on Cambridge diet.

What products have you got? x

I've only got s&s at the mo - veg soup, porridge and choc shape. I should get my cd ones mon. What about you??

Good luck - we have the same start date and weigh in date ;)

What did you have today??

Evening, hope you are well!

I had a chocolate shake for breakfast, chicken and mushroom soup for lunch and a chocolate mint shake which was yummy for dinner. Just about to polish off the last of my water too :) how about you? Xx

Good luck you sound really determined so I have every faith you will be successful on Cambridge diet.

What products have you got? x

I've just got the shakes and the soups. Starting off on the lowest calorie plan for 12 weeks! Got lots to lose xx

I have loads to lose aswell. 6 stone to be at my ideal bmi but I'm aiming for 4 stone to start with.

I love the shakes. x

Ooh, another Lily - excellent! :D

Well done on getting started! The first few days are the worst but we promise that by day 4 or 5 you'll feel much much better and you'll be pounds lighter!

Keep sipping that water! :waterbottle::waterbottle::waterbottle:
:waterbottle::waterbottle:

Thanks guys, my bladder is really feeling it today!!! Haha. I'm so determined to get it right this time. Just been watching the biggest looser, those people did an amazing job in their first week!! Xx

Woo!!!! I'm loving another new start! We can keep track together. I started on Monday, so this is day 3 for me (first day back at work too *cry*).

I didnt get off to the best of starts, but I'm determined. I've decided to start on step 2, but might go down to ss+ next week if I survive this one! lol!

We were at similar starting points lilypotter, I'm 5'2 and started at 18st 2lbs! Looking and feeling better for it already and I'm only 9 weeks in so keep your determination and you won't regret it once you see the results!
Oh and I think we all suffer from constant toilet trips lol! Very annoying at first but you get used to it :)

We were at similar starting points lilypotter, I'm 5'2 and started at 18st 2lbs! Looking and feeling better for it already and I'm only 9 weeks in so keep your determination and you won't regret it once you see the results!
Oh and I think we all suffer from constant toilet trips lol! Very annoying at first but you get used to it :)

You are doing so well!! I'm jealous!!

I'm a bit annoyed today as my consultant spoke to the medical rep and she said I have to have 1000 cals a day until my BMI is below 40 :(. Feel a bit messed around as first I couldn't do it, then I could, and then I couldn't!! Appears to depend who you speak to!! With so much to lose, will I still see the same results as I want? Xx

Woo!!!! I'm loving another new start! We can keep track together. I started on Monday, so this is day 3 for me (first day back at work too *cry*).

I didnt get off to the best of starts, but I'm determined. I've decided to start on step 2, but might go down to ss+ next week if I survive this one! lol!

Yeah Im well up for that although Ive been bumped onto 1000 cals a day due to my BMI...The sooner I get it down, the sooner I can get onto step 1. Fingers crossed!!! How have you got on today? I'm felling pretty positive still apart from the being messed around bit, but water is going down ok and I don't feel hungry.....YET!! Xx

Whats your BMI at just now hunni?

I was nearly sick today drinking water! Think I got a bit too excited! lol!

Whats your BMI at just now hunni?

I was nearly sick today drinking water! Think I got a bit too excited! lol!

It's 50 :( I don't carry weight well as I'm only 5ft 0....I'm just hoping I can get it down to 40 ASAP!

I know what you mean about the water...I feel like I'm drowning lol xx

You are doing so well!! I'm jealous!!

I'm a bit annoyed today as my consultant spoke to the medical rep and she said I have to have 1000 cals a day until my BMI is below 40 :(. Feel a bit messed around as first I couldn't do it, then I could, and then I couldn't!! Appears to depend who you speak to!! With so much to lose, will I still see the same results as I want? Xx

Yeah its a new thing that's been implemented unfortunately :(

Although my BMI was 45 when I started, I done 2 weeks on 810 and decided I had enough and wanted to do SS so I told my consultant and she suggested I do 4 packs instead of 3 but I just wasn't hungry enough to eat 4! So I just took it upon myself to only have 3 and she supports me in that now. I'm not suggesting you do the same because everyone's different but see how you go after a couple a weeks and talk with your CD if you want to revise your plan.

I've been having the 3 packs still on their own and if anything I feel fantastic! Wasn't even hungry tonight when I had my shake so I must be I ketosis by now! I am under my dr who is monitoring me closely and he was happy for me to do the step 1! Anyway, I am determined to lose this weight!

It's day three and although I've struggled a bit with the water, I feel fantastic! How is everyone else today? Xxx

That's brilliant news m'dear, you just know what's best for you I think!
I'm on day 4 of my SS restart now, getting a few headaches now and I'm hoping that means my ketosis is starting.
When's your weigh in day?

My first weigh in is on Tues 10th. I'm soooo excited although I'm a little worried about getting through the weekend. Being at work it's easy to have a routine. I know I can do it and I'm sure once I get thro the first, it will get easier :) xx

Ok so it's day 4 and I had a really good day at work, seemed to get through loads of water too by lunchtime which is unlike me!!! All was going fine, then all of a sudden my mood changed, like a huge wave had come over me. As I got home from work, I wanted to order a Chinese and stuff my face. However, don't panic I didnt cave. Instead I came in and did the housework to keep me occupied and enjoyed my mint choc shake. I don't know what's wrong with me, I was sooo happy and then I plummeted within the space of ten mins. I need to man up and snap out of it. Hubby is working late so I'm chilling now on the sofa watching what I want on tv:). Has everyone else had a good day? Xxx

Back