My Journey :)

If it makes you feel better I've felt really down all day but havent been hungry. But I left work, went to the hairdressers, and on my way home all I could think about was having takeaway food. Hell, I came in and made my dinner incase it was just because I was hungry, but here I am, an hour later, still thinking about ordering pizza or chinese, or a kebab... tummys rumbling something awful too. I want to eat something to fill it up. Water just isnt cutting it.

I'm not going to cave either, but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one. Insidently, my OH is working late aswell. Maybe its their fault! :p

Yeah I reckon we should blame them! How dare they leave us on our own on a Friday night!!! I'm really worried about getting through the weekend. I have a routine during the week at work so it's been good but I'm really scared that I'm gonna fail in my first weekend! Maybe I should tape my mouth up?? Lol xx

I'm being forced into failing on Sunday for my grandpa's 80th birthday lunch, otherwise i'd be taping my mouth shut.

Dying to get this weekend over with. Family are a right pain in the a** at the moment, and hopefully, after Sunday, I wont have to deal with them for a while!

Oh no, sorry to hear that! I've not told my family about the diet as my mum is so negative about me a d I don't need to hear it from her. She is far from a saint and likes to 'drink' and run up debts to which she expects her children to bail her out! I'm so glad I have hubby, he was the one who made me realise she was the one with the problems not me. I'm really close to my siblings tho, especially the eldest of my bros. I know he would be supportive, but I want to lose loads and see his reaction, cos I knw he will be proud of me. Xx

My BF is out tonight as well how weird! This is NOT right for a friday lol
And even I felt like ordering a pizza, I blame the papa johns pizza adverts I hear all the way home on the radio!
Never would do it though and that what counts :)

Done 50 mins of exercise instead and feel much better now and definitely not hungry :)

I was told I can't exercise in the first 2 weeks as they don't want me losing weight too quickly. I really fancied getting on the wii and playing just dance 3 too :( bugger! I'm not one to exercise normally but I really fancy it!! Xx

Morning all, can't believe I have only just woken up, how bad am I....oops!
Just a quick question, every night when I'm trying to get to sleep I keep feeling really anxious, did anyone else have this problem and does it pass? Xx

Well it's day 6 and I'm feeling very proud of myself. Went to one of my bestests friends 30th birthday party last night. Not only did I not touch the buffet which looked amazing, but I drank water all night and I even danced stone cold sober!!! I love my friends, they are so supportive and I could not do this without them xxx how is everyone else getting on? Xxx

Well done Lily, you sound like you're right in the swing of things now, watch those pounds drop off!!!!

I have PCOS also hunni and was struggling to fall pregnant, I lost 2 stone on CD and fell pregnant (while still on the plan). I've put those 2 stone back on and my periods returned when my baby was 9 months (I breastfed) and they've been regular since and my other symptoms (spots, swelling, hair thinning) has never came back!! Seems pregnancy sorted me right out.

Keep trying through the weight loss, sometimes even a small weight loss kick starts your fertility, although I have to admit I had a really tough pregnancy, I was nearly 20st by the end of it and it wa a struggle. I haven't enjoyed my baby's first year as much as I could have down to the amount of weight I'm carrying but I was determined to breastfeed and give him the best possible start, which I did til he's over a year. Now it's time for me :D

Sorry babe, just reread your original post and realised you said 'treatment', I read it as fertility treatment :eek:

I do have PCOS Hun and the reasons for weight loss is also to hopefully sort the issues with my non existent periods out. I do ovulate on my own when they are around but that's not very often. I decided to spend this year getting down to a healthy weight before going back to the gynae. We have booked a holiday to Florida in march 2013 so we hope to start trying then but only if I've been successful with the weight loss. As much as I want a baby, I know it could be dangerous for both me and our baby if I did it now :( and i can't do that to my hubby or my child. I have to learn to be less selfish and more realistic. The drs said its defunarejy my weight suppressing my peoriods. I'm 32 in April,so I need to get a wriggle on!!!

How are you doing on CD Hun? Xxx

I have PCOS also hunni and was struggling to fall pregnant, I lost 2 stone on CD and fell pregnant (while still on the plan). I've put those 2 stone back on and my periods returned when my baby was 9 months (I breastfed) and they've been regular since and my other symptoms (spots, swelling, hair thinning) has never came back!! Seems pregnancy sorted me right out.

Pregnancy is the cure? Really? I just told my bf this and he didnt seem overly keen on the idea! I did, however, point out that we didnt have to keep it and I'm sure we could sell it! pmsl! Bit gutted there isnt a black market adoption website, not that I just googled it or anything! :p

Yeah it is true. My gynae said its a vicious circle as pregnancy normally balances the hormones after you give birth. However,it's a struggle to get pregnant in the first place. One of my best friends has PCOS. She lost 3 stone and fell pregnant immediately without any help and that's what the dr thinks will hopefully happen to me when I've lost the weight and when we are ready next year. Fingers crossed :) xx

I suffered from PCOS and could go months with out a period. I was desperate for a baby we'd been trying for 12 months but with the lack of period I knew it would be virtually impossible so thats when I decided to get back on the pill and lose some weight.
I was 17 stone at the beginning and after 6 months I was 13.7 stone after coming off the pill I was having regular periods and then pregnant within 3 months. My little boy is now 5 months old and I weigh 16.3 stone and have only had 2 periods so I believe because the weight is back on the effects of PCOS have kicked in.

Good luck x

Thanks for sharing your journey with me lyndzi, that's amazing! And has only made me even more determined as I really want to be a mummy :) xxxx

Keep me updated on how you get on. I'm really looking forward to my first weigh in as I've been 100 percent for the last 6 day :) xx

My weigh is in on Tuesday 10th. When will yours be? Xxx

I lost 9 lb on Friday, next weigh in is this Friday...I'm hoping for 3~4lb this week. *Eek excited.

Back