My Journey

Sarah2439

So I've decided to write a diary.

I'd never heard of the Dukan diet until I did an internet search on protein diets. My best mate was on a protein diet, but has to weight and measure everything, and I knew that I'd never stick to it if I did that, so I decided to look for an alternative and Dukan was the first one I found.

I have to say so far I love it!! I struggled in attack phase because I felt I wasnt losing as much weight as I should have been, so I had a binge one night, however the next day I started again and after 5 days of attck I'd lost 3lbs. I've 3 days to go before I'm due to weigh myself again, but my clothes are definately looser and I'm down a belt hole, so I know I'm losing weight!!

I have to say that so far (apart from an astronomical power bill) I've not felt the urge to cheat and I'm never hungry. My galette in the morning rids me of my cravings for bread, and rhubarb and yogurt curb my sweetness cravings. The only struggle I have is fitting the Veg into my PV days. I still tend to have mainly protein, with possibly the odd few mushrooms, onion and pepers on the side. I've started to try and eat roast veg too.

Anyway, roll on Monday for week 2 weigh in, cant believe I'm looking forward to my weigh in!!:fingerscrossed: And good luck to the rest of you dieters out there, which ever plan your on.

S x

Sarah have a good Dukan weekend and good luck for your weigh in. Look forward to reading your journey x

Hi Sarah, welcome to the diaries. If you are unsure about anything shout up, they are a friendly bunch on here & have a wealth of knowledge. Good luck for your weigh in Monday x

its good to have diary you will be able to read back from the start of your journey & welcome to the forum

Well, I have to say I love this diet!! Doesn't even feel like I'm on one.

Another 3lb of today, thats nearly half a stone in less than 2 week, whoop whoop!!

Bar a mishap with being unprepared, I havent cheated at all this week, and obviously thats showing on the scales. I'm never hungry and if I can be bothered to cook then there always something quick and easy I can have.

I do struggle a bit on the PV days as I dont have too much veg in with my PP, but for now it doesnt seem to be affecting my weight loss, I'll obviously have to review should my loss stall. That said, I do eat onions, mushroom and tomatoes alot.

Yesterday I ate
B - Galette with yogurt
L - chicken with cottage cheese, muller light toffee yogurt
D - Turkey burgers with mint and galic yogurt
I snacked through out the day on crab sticks

Sarah I know this diet is the best ever. Your doing fantastic...well done x

Its easy to follow, no weighing etc, simples rules to follow and the weight drops off, what could be better!! I'll have my trim slim figure by August!!

I want mine by june but probably be August, holidays will delay my TW, but it will come x

Ahh you sound so enthusiastic...can i have some :)

I do like dukan, it's been full of ups and downs for me (and i've only been on it 2 weeks!), key is preparation definitely! Keep menus exciting, keep munching protein x

Ahh you sound so enthusiastic...can i have some :)

I do like dukan, it's been full of ups and downs for me (and i've only been on it 2 weeks!), key is preparation definitely! Keep menus exciting, keep munching protein x

I've been on numerous diets, failing always, but with this I find it easy to follow and to stick too as I'm never hungry. Everyone has something that suits them, and this suits me and my life style perfectly. I'm too lazy and get bored and frustrated with counting points/calories/grams etc, so this diet is perfect for me. well has been so far, I'm only two weeks in, we'll see how my motivation hold up over the next couple of months!!

I know you say your having ups and donws, but the scales speak for themsleves and youve lost 11.5 lbs in two weeks which must be encouraging!

I've promised myself a treat at every 7lb point, my first is going to be a lovely facial or head massage I think!! Hopefully I'll get that next week.

Good luck Sarah, your motivated and you'll get your 7lb and your massage, nice motivational treat x

Hi Sarah, I love your idea of rewarding every 7lb, I think i need to join u on that and aim higher than a nice bath! I also agree Dukan is easy to stick to as no counting, hoping my motivation lasts out too!

Well I had a sneaky look on the scales this morning, not due to weigh myself til monday, but I couldnt resist, and I'm 1 1/2 lb down already this week!! I did it because I felt enormous when I got up, but clearly I'm just having an off day. Its given me a boost, and better that than cheating!!

I made toffee muffins for the first time yesterday and they are yummy. I got 10 out of the recipie so I can have 5 today, thats 5 GUILT FREE MUFFINS!! I mainly did it in prep because I'm going to see my OH's new baby neice and its 3 1/2 hours travelling either side (we cant stay over because of work) so lots of snack stops for OH and I dont want to be tempted. I'll be stocking up on muffins, lean ham, crab sticks, muller lights and sugar free sweets.

I tried the coke chicken recipie last night and I have to say its yummy!! Takes about 30 mins for the sauce to reduce, but its so so worth it!! It tastes like a cross between sweet and sour and BBQ chicken. I cooked 2 chicken breasts so I have some left over for lunch tomorrow! I find it easier to cook extra so I can have the same for my lunch the following day. I did the same with Fahitas 2 days before, I used the fahita spice mix, OH had cheese, salsa and tortilla wraps with his, I had onions and peppers and used yogurt as my sour cream, it was delish!!

Roll on Monday weigh it, I cant wait!!

S

Sarah sonds like a good week for the scales have a safe trip x

have a good trip :D

OK, so I saw our new niece and she's scrumptious diddlyumptious, it was well worth the 500 mile round trip, was tired by bed time though. I had all my dukan goodies to hand for the journey, including some morrisons chicken which I purchased as a last minute extra on the way out of town!! However, when it came to lunch it was quiche and salad. Not wanting to be rude I piled my plate with salad, and had the smallest quarter of a small shop bought quiche, and I cut the crust off the end and didnt eat that. Luckily it hasnt effected my weight loss this week, but I think I'll have to say something in future, or save some of my morrisons chicken so I can eat that instead!!
So today was weigh in day and I've lost another 1 1/2lbs, yay!:woohoo:
Thats 7.5lbs in two and a half weeks, I'm almost down another belt loop too!! Although my ticker says 8.5, I'll have to change that!!

Im on a night shift tonight so my daily menu will be
chicken cooked in Fahita spices, with onion, peppers and fat free yogurt
praws, ham and cottage cheese with muller light yogurt
galette with fat free yogurt and maybe some rhubarb on top (I always do dinner, lunch then breakfast when working nights)

All in all I'm motivated and going strong so far, roll on next weigh in!!

S x

Sarah new babys love them....no wonder you were done in, 1 little slip...not bad drink plenty of water, fantastic weight loss your defo in the Dukan zone x

Back