My JUDDDD diary - officially started; Oh pants! :(

Will check out those H & B pork pies.

My best advice to you, at this delicate stage, is that whichever eating plan you decide to follow, don't have goodies in the house. If you buy and store them, you will eat them. Have as few as you can stand to have.

I follow that advice, because I know from experience how hard it is to resist the call of tasty treats.

If you go straight back to SS you will be defeating your purpose - and the hard time you've put in since you last SS-d will have been wasted. You could try 1000 for a while - that's what I'm doing now and at last the weight is coming off - or even 1200/1500. But of course you will lose weight more slowly than you'd like to so you'll need to be patient. We're not good at that.

When 'allowed' to eat what I like I am always at risk of overdoing it. In time I hope to learn not to.

Be of good cheer, and never give up. Determination is what makes a struggler into a winner!

I too really feel for you. When I first heard about this plan, my "intelligent mind" baulked at the 500 calorie DD. (I'm not a VCLD fan). Now though, having read through lots of different diaries, I realise that's it's the UP days that would cause me problems.

Being allowed to eat what you like, after a period of abstention, must be like being locked in a sweet shop after closing time (my ABSOLUTE dream wish!!).

I know that I could not do this JUDDD thing. I hear you when you say that you're tempted to throw in the towel completely, but I think that's just frustration at the position you now find yourself in.

Why not pre-plan your UP day the way you all seem to your DD days. When I was maintaining my weight loss, and had Sunday's "off", I regularly lost the plot. I found I could control myself better if treats were allowed. Not free. Just pre-planned and so I knew what was what.

So my advice would be to plan your UP days in advance. Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and snacks. And that's ALL you can eat. If you want something else, jot it down for your next UP day which isn't far away.

HMMmm, I think the Juddd way is good, but you cannot go totally mad on your UD's - just a bit mad! Thing is we are all different and it is the very flexibility of this diet that I enjoy. I can do DD fairly easily (except yesterday, which was really hard for some reason) and on UD's I do have my favourite foods but just try to go steady. Dr J says that on UD you can get away with consuming your maintenance cals required + 80% and still lose, so if you said on DD's you would stick to even 2300 ish you should still lose steadily. You can have quite a bit of naughty stuff on that amount!!!!!

Hey all

Firstly - a BIG THANKYOU to everyone of u for ur help suggestions, I really really do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

For now, I'm bowing out of the JUDDDD club. This is for a few reasons; for years I've rarely eaten "naughty foods" not because I've been in the 'on a diet so deny myself' mentality but simply because I've not wanted to eat them - only once a month when PMT strikes and then after that the need is no longer there. So foolishy, we went shopping and for once I allowed hubby to choose what he wanted (he can eat anything and not put weight on - how unfair!), so the trolley was full of cake bars, crisps, chocolate etc. I unfortunately then got the 'taste' for it all again, and have realised that eating sugar makes u crave more sugar.
I have to realise that I will never eat a 'normal diet like everyone else (ie, everything in moderation) and certain foods will need to be banned from my eating as they don't do me any favours - and I'm prefectly happy with that, I don't like the way I feel when I eat sugar or takeaways or generally empty calories.
So the reason why I want to stop this now is that I don't want to be on a 'diet' anymore, I just want to adopt a healthy lifestyle for myself and my family, thats is guilt and cruelty free and gives my brain a rest of stressing me out!!! lol. SO I'm going to go back to what I was doign before I started judddd, which was the Macrobiotic lifestyle - eating wholegrains, seasonal vegetables, with fish and fruits in moderation. Is was working fine, and I felt great - and hadn't had a binge for weeks. I need to heal myself from within and stop bingeing for good, and this is the way forward for me.

Thankyou all soo very very much, I'm deeply touched by all of ur comments and I wish u all every success on ur weightloss journeys!

Much love, chelle xx

Good Luck with the Macrobiotic lifestyle Chelle. It sounds wonderful. I guess at least you know it is the best way forward for you now you have tried an alternative.

Hope you have a good week.

Dizzy x

Naughty husband, how dare he fill the trolley up with all that stuff ;), to be honest it sounds like a trolley my hubby would do too !!
Seriously though, if you have allready found a way that works for you then stick with it, don't they say "don't fix it if it ain't broke "?
I'm sure with your sensible attitude you'll do fine hun, just cos you're not Judddering stay on MINININS & let us know how you're doing
xx:)

Good luck Chelle, it is all about finding what suits each of us best. Your plan sounds super healthy and sensible.

Well done on making a good decision!

Love

Back