My (largely) meat-free IF'ing

me too xx

So Sunday's fast went down the pan a bit thanks to my Mum firing up the bbq. Tuesday was a 400 cal day (BOOM) but then there's today... 220 consumed so far but I've just had a lovely patio table and chairs delivered and I think the temptation to sit outside with a bottle of wine, stuffed olives and bell peppers may be to strong to ignore...

3lbs off! This means I'm 1lb off losing a whole stone in two months - I have a week to lose that pound!

In other news, I was given a copy of The Primal Blueprint the other week and am quite bowled over by the sheer common sense it makes and thinking about introducing some locally reared organic meats into my diet - this would be a huge huge thing for me though so more thought needed!

Eating done for another fast day!
Today I have had: smoked salmon and scrambled eggs with coffee - 264
Tin of tuna and salad 160ish
424 cals total.
I'm feeling a lot more motivated now after my little strop of last week, and people have started to notice that I'm shrinking now so it's always nice when people comment :)
I was also prescribed antibiotics on Friday for cystic acne on my back and neck. Have been asking the doctors for them for 18years :banghead: but as it's not consistently bad, both my doctors have always dismissed me as vain :( However on Friday I saw a new doc who took one look, listened to me explain how i get my son to take a pic of my back every morning in the summer so i can decide what to wear, how i wear cardi's in blazing heat etc, and he said 'well you should not have to deal with this at 32 years old, why have you never asked for something sooner?' AT LAST! He was also pretty shocked that his colleague had been so dismissive. So fingers crossed, in a few weeks I'll be feeling like a whole new person! :D

Hi there stripedsocks. I have come here from the veggie forum as well. I used to be mostly veggie but now am mostly vegan (for health and moral reasons).

I have just restarted JUDDD after a couple of years off and have 9 stone to lose.

Look forward to following your diary xx

Hi Striped,
I cant believe the doc dismissed you as vain. Its not vain in the slightest. I had tablets for acne when I was in my early twenties and have a bit of scarring on my face from my teens. I HATE it. Its awful thing to have. I dont suffer now,thankfully. My kids are still weeeny but I fully intend to take them to the Drs when they hit there teens and demand something so they dont suffer like I did :(
Anyway, back to original post he he. I am going to try Judd, mixed with SW on my up days. I hope Im as successful as you. How many cals are you having on your up days?
xx

Ps, Im vegi too so thanks for your dd meal ideas :)

Hi! I tend not to count too strictly on ud's, but when i do bother to put it on MFP it's usually anywhere between 1200 and 1700 unless I've had wine too! I try to stick with my JUDDD calculation of 381 on dd's but it's often hard! I generally just try to stick to omelettes, tuna and salad on dd's to keep things simple!

Today was supposed to be a DD after my treat food on Friday to celebrate my loss and a bbq with friends and much cider last night. However I've eaten pretty much EVERYTHING I've laid eyes on since getting up this morning - I feel really fat and bloated tonight but will get in tomorrow and Tuesday as a ddd instead to try to claw back the damage I've no doubt done :-/

Down day today. I think I may do Mon/Wed/Fri this week rather than today and tomorrow as ddd, which kinda scares me a bit! I'm going to attempt to get through the day on black coffee and green tea til 6ish when I shall have a 3 egg onion and mushroom omelette.

I barely got any sleep last night - last looked at the clock at 6am :-/ so resisting the urge to eat high sugar junk to get me through the working day shall be fairly difficult, I think!

You can do it. Keep thinking of the omelette and drink lots of water. I'm doing cambridge again for 6 weeks and then will jump across to dd up. X

Today is another fast day. Had a sneaky look on the scale this morning and the damage from my slack week hasn't been too bad : 9st 6.5

I'm trying a complete fast today to see how i go - I last ate at 9 last night and want to last til 9 tomorrow morning. Slipped up this morning by putting a splash of milk in my first coffee, but I'm not going to worry about that 20 or so.calories!

I was back at 9st 5 yesterday morning :) Have had a kind of fast day today. I had a veg and cheese omelette coming in at 282, and am just sitting down with a very small glass of wine now.

I've been reading the Primal Blueprint again and wondering if I could back to eating meat. The husband is really enthusiastic about the primal/paleo way and hates my faddy semi-vegginess (he calls it faux vegetarianism) we have an organic chicken in the fridge and I think I may try tomorrow and see how I find it :confused:

Back