My (largely) meat-free IF'ing

Hi Striped. Are you the striped that is mentioned in the Fast Diet book? It claims Striped is on Mumsnet though.
Ive given up on Cambridge, just cant do the starvation thing so am back having up and down days. have had a down day(sat) ate as normal yesterday and am having another down day today. It feels better knowing that I can eat normally again tomorrow. I have no idea whether Ill do 5:2. 4:3 or alternate day. I know I have heaps of Cambridge products to use up that cost me a fortune so thats how Im monitering my down day calories. Only had 143 so far. I guess Ill have another 2 products of the same calories today.
Am also going back to my old sw group so I can have regular weigh ins and may do sw on my up days. Not sure yet :)
Hows it going?

No, I'm not that Striped :) Sounds like you have a good firm plan in mind. Is it going well?

I've had a terribly fat week, hence the lack of posts - haven't really fasted at all - I think with being off work I've been thrown utterly out of routine, far too much lovely wine and cheeses eaten! So am planning a healthy 1200 cal couple of days then weigh in on Sunday and fast the damage away from that moment onwards!

Back on top today! Not fasting, but having delicious healthy food!

Husband seems determined to convert me to Paleo/Primal still. He's thrown a copy of Robb Wolf's book at me as well as a list of local farm shops and butchers nearby who sell ethically raised meats. I'm not feeling particularly healthy at the moment, my skin is terrible and I feel so sluggish. He has the opposite problem - boundless energy and skin like a baby's bum. Going to let him give me his conversion lecture tonight over dinner and a small glass of wine and see if he can convince me. Usually I just cut him off as soon as he begins! :-D

I'm totally back in the swing! Yay! Not expecting to lose much this week mind as I haven't exercised much. This stubborn eye infection has absolutely wrecked my swimming routine.

In other news... I let the husband cook me meat tonight for the first time in yeeeears - I think 5 and a half years since I ate any. It was beautiful lamb from our friend's farm - they have a handful of sheep and other animals that they keep for personal consumption (bored housewife's little hobby!) which are beautifully housed and have lovely happy lives. I thought I'd be really squeamish after so long, but I must say I surprised myself - it was absolutely beautiful! May have to change my diary title!

Weigh in.... aaaaaand..... drum roll.... 1lb on. Oh well. To be fair, I deserve it, I'm just surprised it didn't go on last week or the week before! I've been super good this week - it must have taken a while to catch up! :p

I'm off out with an old friend tonight so no doubt wine will be consumed in large quantities!

Happy weekend everyone!

Hopefully!

Yesterday's DD turned into an up day. We went walking in the hills and I just used up too much energy to cope on 350 cals! We had a lovely bbq last night with the kids.

Today has been a fairly low UD. I've had a fishfinger sandwich and a huuuuuge vegetable casserole so about 1000 cals.

DD tomorrow. Coffees, green teas and water until a 2 egg omelette and salad at tea time. It should be quite challenging as my daughter desperately wants to bake tomorrow evening - lemon cake, cherry shortbread, cheese straws, fairy cakes, ginger biscuits.... waaahhhh! :eek:

Hi striped . Well done your doing so great . Im back to it today 1st down day today after a month of holidays and over doing the vino:)
Just got back from wine and cheezing it in france on friday so enjoying my 1st down day . . Xx

Hopefully!

Yesterday's DD turned into an up day. We went walking in the hills and I just used up too much energy to cope on 350 cals! We had a lovely bbq last night with the kids.

Today has been a fairly low UD. I've had a fishfinger sandwich and a huuuuuge vegetable casserole so about 1000 cals.

DD tomorrow. Coffees, green teas and water until a 2 egg omelette and salad at tea time. It should be quite challenging as my daughter desperately wants to bake tomorrow evening - lemon cake, cherry shortbread, cheese straws, fairy cakes, ginger biscuits.... waaahhhh! :eek:

Not sure I could cope with baking on a DD :eek:

yes an excellent time was had by all thankyou :0) xxx

Proper down in the dumps. Worried about everything, have eaten a huge load of utter crap and want to cry. Haven't felt like this for ages. It's probably not weight related but I need to vent somewhere where nobody knows me. I don't know what became of that funny, bubbly, bright 20 year old and how I came to be this bitter, miserable, hopeless 32 year old with no prospects. I'm having an 'I'm a terrible mother and an unlikeable person' kinda day. I hate being a grown-up.

Back