My Last Ditch Attempt

Loopyloo1

Hi everyone!
After about three years of "I'm going to lose weight" and squeezing myself into clothes that no longer fit, I am going to try the Cambridge Diet. I have found a cllr and have made an appointment-she seems really nice-on the 4th of January.
I have about 3 stone to lose and think I will go on the Soul Source plan.
Just wondering how quick can I lose the 3 stone?
Also, I have tried Slim fast etc, and have only lasted a week at max as I get so hungry-are there any tips on how to combat this? I am hoping that as I will have someone weighing me weekly I will stick to it...!
Just after some advice really!

Thanks!

Hi :) & welcome!

Cambridge is great!

You wont feel hungry on SS (soul source) as your body will go into Ketosis...your consultant will explain all this to you ;)

You can expect to lose 12-14 pounds per month on Cambridge with no cheating...

Good luck! You CAN do it ;)

Thanks for the advice-it's great to have someone to talk to about this!
I did go on the Atkins, which quite honestly was disgusting-I have been put off eggs for life! I think that has the ketosis element in it also which got rid of the hunger pangs.
I would LOVE to lose 12-14lb a month-I just know I would be so much happier. At the moment I just feel like a blob!

Laura
x

You WILL lose that amount :) and possibly slightly more depending on your body. I personally average 3.2 pounds per week...some weeks up to 5 pounds others only 2...but in the end its usually a stone per month although ive had 3 weeks in total off cambridge since i started in May :)

Ive tried all the diets before this one...ALL!!! and couldnt commit to any of them..this is THE only one that has actually worked.. im 6 stone down and 1.7 stones from goal and i will get there! im soooooo happy i was introduced to cambridge :) (my friend did lighter life (same thing really) but i didnt fancy the meetings!!! so chose CD instead.. BEST thing i ever did!

x

Six Stone!! That's amazing-and is that all from May?! I am 5ft1 and weigh 11stone-which for my height is big. I was always 8stone before I met my now husband and I suppose take away after take away added up and I piled it all on rather quickly!
I really hope I can do this!!

Lol yes from May :) ive been very strict though with no cheating etc .. i came off it on holiday in july & november but other than that im 'good' it all helps x

You'll do it x

hi there, welcome to minimins and cambridge :)

first week find lots of things to distract you. go for a walk, play games, take a bath, virtual shop for at goal outfits and come on minimins and check the inspiration slideshow

also to combat hunger that first week it may help to spit your shakes and have 6 smaller meals rather than 3

Yep - as others have said, you can do this! In many ways, it's been the easiest diet I've ever done. As Sumayyah says though, you just need to find some distraction activities for the first week or so.

Me, I spend a lot of time in the bath, LOL. Or going for walks. Or coming on here and posting myself into submission... :D

Give it a whirl! If you can get yourself into the right frame of mind, you definitely won't regret it.

Thanks everyone for the tips-I like the idea of splitting the shakes into six rather than three meals. I am starting on the 4th of Jan as I have got to go and visit elderly family-who insist on feeding me mountains (and then get offended if I don't eat it!) So I thought I would get that out the way, then go for it!

Also...what is the exercise situation with this diet? Would you reccomend 30mins a day?

Sorry if I seem to be annoying as I am sure this has been answered all before!

Laura
x

on ss you need to be careful on the exercise front start slowly and build up since we are on such reduced calories and carbs. swimming and a brisk walk are good bets, thou many do manage aerobics and short gym sessions after a while

as with any exercise stop if you start to feel odd, dont try and push thru the feeling as you dont want to end up hitting the deck

That is what I was thinking, I am really looking forward to starting-I know that the first week is going to be tough but the thought of getting slim and healthy again (not feeling sick and bloated) is far better!

hello and welcome to CD!
the first few days are the worst, but you can help yourself ALOT by cutting down/out carbs for a few days before you start, and upping your water intake. This defo helped me so much, and was well worth doing. Also cut out alcohol and cut down caffeine.
Good luck! you have made an excellent choice!

Thanks AlyB

I have just weighed myself-(last time was before Christmas) and I am now 11 stone 3.8lbs!!! This is officially the heaviest I have ever been-which now means I have more weight to lose. I know it is only 4 more lbs but I am rather annoyed with myself.
I think I will cut out carbs and lower calories from Thursday as I have my first meeting with my CDC on Monday.

Feeling a bit gutted!

Laura

Laura, I am also the heaviest i have ever been, I need to lose over three and a half stone. I wanted to die when i saw the scales.
I started on Sunday thus this is my third day, so far so good, im not going to lie and say your not hungry but the best tip i can give you from someone else whose new is this....every time you think of food, or smell it or anything....IMMEDIATELY think of something else- anything. Thats whats getting me through at the moment. Im waiting for ketosis to kick in at the moment, but from what i can gather today, tomorrow and the next day (3, 4 and 5) are the worst....so am dreading it.

Im sure we will be fine! Look at everyone else, they are doing amazingly whats to say we cant too. x

Hello again!
Have been thinking about the foodpacks...As the shakes are made with water, do they get thick? Or are they just like drinking water? Also about the soups-do they get thick or are they like water? I'm only thinking as I used to have some of the lighter choices tesco soups which were like drinking hot chicken water!
Another question-can I have say 2 shakes a day with a soup on SS rather than having three shakes? I just think I will need something hot and savoury...

Much appreciated!

Laura
x

Hey Laura,

How thick the packs are depends on how much water you mix with them - they aren't ever "thick" as in that luxurious thickness of say, a McD's milkshake, but they aren't "thin" either...

As for different combos, if you are doing Sole Source (3 a day) then you can have any combination of the shakes/soups/tetras, with the only restrictions being on the bars - guidance on those I believe is only 1 per day after 2 weeks of being on the plan (as they have higher carb content they say not to have them for the first two weeks as it may affect how quickly you get into ketosis)

It doesn't make any difference whether you have the soups or shakes - they have the same stuff in, just different flavours and hot instead of cold (you could have the shakes hot if you wanted, and the soups cold, but I wouldn't necessarily recommend that lol! Although the chocolate shake is nice hot, as hot choc). They do water flavourings as well, and one of those is vegetable, so you can add it to hot water and it'll be sorta like a veggie cuppa soup without using up a shake.

Hope this helps
xxx

Thanks for this-really helpful.
I have a blender so would I be right in thinking that mixing it in there would make it thicker?
I am hoping they will have the same consistency as a slim fast (obviously they are made with milk not water) I think I will do two shakes and a Soup in the evening-or maybe 2 soups one shake-all the options!
x

No probs. As far as I remember, the Slim Fasts were a bit thicker than Cambridge shakes. To be honest though, they are so packed with vits and minerals you need to make them up with plenty of water! I use a blender to get the lumps out and with the cold ones I blend ice in too - I find they taste much nicer the colder they are :)

Enjoy all the combinations!

xx

Hi Loopyloo
I always use a blender for my shakes, for some reason they taste soooooo much better and are thicker too, lovely and frothy!!!

xx

Back