My last ever diet!

Well, 5 poundsgone this week! I am delighted. And finding it easy though missing some things...

Woo hoo - outstanding effort, well done! Don't dwell on what you miss and focus on what you can have - what do you fancy, sweet or savoury, this forums collectively have got lots of useful ideas...

Woo hoo - outstanding effort, well done! Don't dwell on what you miss and focus on what you can have - what do you fancy, sweet or savoury, this forums collectively have got lots of useful ideas...

Thank you! And great advice. I am tempted to make some oat bran muffins.. I'm missing fruit more than anything else so will have to be creative to take my mind off strawberries!

There is definitely a knack to the galettes. Couple of tips: buy a new non stick pan. Don't attempt to turn it until the bottom is well cooked. Once turned, I then lean on it with my spatula to flatten it further.

Or, buy some silicon muffin moulds, separate your eggs and whisk the whites until firm, and make muffins!

great idea! will try this. thanks! :)

They're nasty at this time of year anyway... (that's what I tell myself!).

Oat bran porridge is actually nice - didn't think it would keep me as full as it does. Struggling a bit with dinner ideas though. Think it will be easier once I'm onto the second phase!

We're so used to eating protein + something that it is initially strange not to have the something. Most of us find we've become far more creative with marinades since starting this diet. Do you like omelette? At least that's a full meal for attack with prawns or tuna in, say... I'm quite happy with salmon + prawns... or 5% fat mince burgers with an egg... In fact, one big advantage you'll soon find with this diet is that one can cater PP days from the freezer if you've prepared things and bagged them up... Meatloaf for instance. I freeze in portions (both turkey mince and 5% fat beef mince).

Oh and when I told myself on restarting Dukan in January that I'd miss my lovely fruit, I reminded myself that it hadn't exactly been fruit I'd exactly overindulged on over Christmas, so it couldn't be that high up on my list of preferred foods as I thought!!

Thanks Maintainer for the tips. I do like omlettes but must admit that I'm fed up by today of no veg. Sooo glad tomorrow is the last day on attack phase. I don't really feel like eating today so having to force food down my throat. So not like me! But not close to quitting or cheating. But think I will be dreaming about veg tonight!

So which veg do you have planned for your first day of cruise. Remember it's a high protein diet so try to envisage 2/3 of your plate being protein and just 1/3 veg/salad. And you know which ones aren't allowed... or are restricted...

Some wilted spinach with poached eggs or a mushroom omlette. Or maybe just cucumber and tomato salad with poached salmon. Mmmm...

hmm... interesting choices. It's CRUNCH that I miss after a few consecutive PP days, so it'd be some crunchy lettuce/cuc/celery or something for me every day :D

Even now, I miss CRUNCHING!

ha ha, didn't think about the crunch factor. You're right, it is strange to munch rather than crunch!

I need some help/advice please. Yesterday morning, I was down to 14 stone 7 pounds. Today, back to 14 stone 10 pounds which I was on Sunday. I've followed the diet to the letter, it's not my TOTM. Help!!! My food intake yesterday was as follows:
B: Oat Bran Porridge
Lunch: Some beef and turkey, plus a fat free yoghurt.
Dinner: Lots of chicken, and a poached egg.
Drank two litres of Water, and had two lattes made with skimmed milk. Plus three glasses of diet coke. Plus walked for 40 minutes.

I think you have to accept fluctuations. I was 12.1 on Monday and Tuesday I was 12.4 - today back to 12.1. I have just accepted that I fluctuate wildly, especially after veg or smoked fish. Myself I think I would be better off just weighing once a week but I jsut can't help weighing myself! Are you posting your menus, and are you're sure you're not eating any suspect yogurts or anything? So long as you are generally heading in the right direction I wouldn't worry about it if you are not cheating at all.

Thanks for the response. More concerned as I haven't started eating veg yet. Eating fat free activia youghurts but only one a day. I know they have fruit but from reading the book, seems they are allowed?

Really don't worry. Post your menus up and we will have a look. The activia yogurts are not good because they have sugar in them. Yogurts with fruit in are 'tolerated' items of which you shouldn't have more than 2 per day - and I suspect not at all in Attack - and not with sugar in. You are better off putting sweetener in natural yogurt. What about drinks - not too much diet fizzy stuff or anything?

I can only echo what m-mouse said, it's not always a straight downwards progression. I would 'plateau' for about 5 days, even go up (transition issues!!), before dropping a pound or even two in a day. If you know you're not cheating then don't get disheartened, the scales *will* move again. We've all been there, it's annoying, but it will pass :). Only if you are really stuck on a weight for longer - can't quite recall, is it 10 days or more? - then you are advised to review your foods and check for hidden sugars in dairy etc.
If you are really struggling with transit, now that you're on cruise you're allowed to eat Rhubarb - stewed with some sweetener. And it's currently in season too. It's really tasty with sweetened yoghurt, or make your oat bran into a 'crumble' topping (see my 'granola' recipe).

Good luck!

Today is my first transition day from attack and haven't eaten anything other than protein or oat bran yet after the shock of seeing the scales! Didn't expect to go up during attack phase so bit scared to move on.

Post your menu! If you're not eating that's not going to help. You need to eat plenty on this diet. What did you eat and drink yesterday?

Back