My life is good because...

YAY CB!!

Thats excellent news - well done!

My life is good because I made it work, work isn't so bad and i've not eaten any of the loads of cakes and biscuits that are around me.

Oh and this is a bit of a funny one but saw my school bully this morning, she used to call me fatty ect. Well, guess who's put on weight? More weight than me I might add.

:) Wow CB, that's fantastic, what an achievement in a pretty short time!

Oh its just horrible when pets are ill and cant tell us what's wrong, I truly hope she picks up soon and stops weeing everywhere :( I dont think it will be lack of attention, you are there and in my experience that's usually enough for cats. Your life sounds hard, I admire you so much for tackling your problems head on the way you are.

thanks for the kind words re my friend. I am hoping after this evening i will stop being so worried. I am very aware that if my mood lowers it can be a real vicious cycle and it doesn't take much for me to get paranoid but taking control of my weight has helped that hugely, as had booking the Lanzarote flight

:D Love the school bully story little miss and bloody well done for resisting the food temptations at work!

My life is good because i am having a huge clothes sort and clear out and I must have lost some inches cos i can get in some summer stuff i thought would still go nowhere near me

Oh wow thats amazing!! Well done!! Put on those clothes & feel proud of yourself.

My life is good because iv went 1 full day on track and even managed some exercises tonite

xxxx

Well my pal cancelled and rearranged for Wednesday but she had good reasons and my life is good because I did not allow paranoia to creep in when she rearranged, i didn't read too much into it.

My pal finally turned up, much much later than we had arranged. We didnt exactly clear the air, she just said there is nothing wrong, she is just busy. I didn't push it because I know her very well and she would get really defensive if I had said any more so we just had 2 cuppas and a long chat about nothing in particular.

Things aren't right, I can tell, but I can do no more than I have done and refuse to get down or paranoid about it. Maybe our friendship is more important to me than her which I can sort of understand because she has a husband and loads of friends.

I still feel much better for having addressed it with her, albeit in a tiny way!

My life is good because I have a wonderful son who doesn't moan when I need help with things most folk could manage.

My life is good because I feel I am achieving more and more every day I spend on this diet, I have so much more energy and interest in life!

Well done Froggy.. you did the best you could ..re your friend!
I have often been in that sort of situation and felt rather "out" of things but it is more often the fact that others are too busy and don't mean to be horrible. The best thing to remember is that they will most probably go away and not have a second thought about how you feel so why waste your time commiserating about it.
Certainly does help with how you are feeling when you lose some weight and eat healthy.
Your son sounds like a real young gent.. not many bother these days.

Hey everyone!!

Froggy, I sometimes feel like I dont give my friends enough time, and I worry that they will think its something to do with them!? I'm also quite bad for cancelling and rescheduling, but I try and make myself feel better by thinking that they know what i'm going through and understand.

Oh, I could do with some tips on how to stop the moaning!? My eldest is 9 and up until now she's loved helping her mummy...now...she moans.

I've not been on for a couple of days, i've been majorly down about things, the dog, money issues. Makes it worse that I probably cant get another dog just now because of the money. It is leaving such a hole in all our hearts not having a pet. We had a cat for years before we got the dog and she ran off when we moved house. Thinking of getting a smaller dog that would cost less in food.

BUT - my life is good because.....I managed to stick to my healthy eating this week and its paid off...i've lost 4lbs in a week. And I have loads of motivation to keep going....god only knows I need it.

Have a good weekend everyone

:)

:) Well done on the weight loss!

I am afraid the only cure for the kids moaning is wait until they grow up :D my son is now 20 and its probably only since he went to uni 2 years ago that he has grown into a nice helpful young man

:( Gutted for you re the dog situation, no advice but i am thinking of you xx

my life is good today cos i went swimming yet again though i really didn't feel like it and i made myself ring my mother who lives in France, we don't have a good relationship, but we had a reasonably ok longish chat!

Hey everyone!!

Froggy, I sometimes feel like I dont give my friends enough time, and I worry that they will think its something to do with them!? I'm also quite bad for cancelling and rescheduling, but I try and make myself feel better by thinking that they know what i'm going through and understand.

Oh, I could do with some tips on how to stop the moaning!? My eldest is 9 and up until now she's loved helping her mummy...now...she moans.

I've not been on for a couple of days, i've been majorly down about things, the dog, money issues. Makes it worse that I probably cant get another dog just now because of the money. It is leaving such a hole in all our hearts not having a pet. We had a cat for years before we got the dog and she ran off when we moved house. Thinking of getting a smaller dog that would cost less in food.

BUT - my life is good because.....I managed to stick to my healthy eating this week and its paid off...i've lost 4lbs in a week. And I have loads of motivation to keep going....god only knows I need it.

Have a good weekend everyone

Well done on trying to see the better things in life.. very hard when you have all those problems.
Would it be that your little girl is picking up the stress you are feeling?..just a thought. :)

:) Well done on the weight loss!

I am afraid the only cure for the kids moaning is wait until they grow up :D my son is now 20 and its probably only since he went to uni 2 years ago that he has grown into a nice helpful young man

:( Gutted for you re the dog situation, no advice but i am thinking of you xx

my life is good today cos i went swimming yet again though i really didn't feel like it and i made myself ring my mother who lives in France, we don't have a good relationship, but we had a reasonably ok longish chat!

Great that you phoned your mum despite the estranged feelings.

I feel good today as I have managed to get back on track with my diet and I have been able to catch up on a lot of small jobs.

Thanks Emma & Froggy

Froggy - well done on contacting your mother, I know how hard that must be, I dont have a good relationship with my parents either. Oh and well done on the swimming, I really wish I had the confidence to go for a swim, I love swimming.

Emma - yeah you could be right, my girl could be picking up on things, she's effected by the dog too. Its the school holidays here, and has been for weeks, running out of money & ideas & things to do!!

I'm sorry if it keeps seeming as though I'm abandoning you all and my own thread, but I've been sleeping for about three days in order to recover from the manic work period. It's great to see you're all making positive steps each day. :)

I'm not sure I've made much positive progress. This situation with the cat is running me ragged, emotionally speaking, so I suppose you can identify with that, littlemiss! I've got money trouble too, which is precisely why I work 70-hour weeks. I'm tens of thousands of pounds in debt and I don't even have anything to show for it. There's been a little bit of recklessness in the past but it mostly comes from a very unfortunate set of events when I was a teenager (I had to leave home at 16 and very quickly got into difficulties) and I've just never been able to claw myself back out. I'm so exasperated that things that happened half my lifetime ago still affect my ability to do things now. I haven't travelled, haven't been able to afford to do any of my hobbies and a deposit for a house... well, that's just a very, very, very distant dream. It's beyond frustrating. I can't wait for the day I'm debt free. I've been totally weighed down by lbs and £s!

Froggylegs, I'm sorry your friend didn't seem to quite understand your predicament but well done for making the effort, and with your mum too. I'm glad you have good support from your son, though. What's he studying?

I'm trying to think what's good about my life today. It's mostly been pretty rubbish - trying to find a potential new home for my cat, fretting about finances - the usual!

I guess here's a good thing: a necklace I bought online a while ago turned up today. I own a couple of beautiful necklaces that I've never felt pretty enough to wear, some of which are ten years old. Anyway, I recently bought this item and I put it straight on. I don't know whether it's because this item is pretty cheap, and not as fine as the other pieces, but I feel comfortable in it. I don't feel as though a person would look at me and think "why is that ugly girl bothering with a necklace?". It's nice not to feel that way. :)

Hey Country.

Hope you feel better after all your sleep, sometimes it can either refresh you or make you feel worse when you sleep loads!

What is your cat up to? My cat was a total pain in the neck, like having another child.

I could have typed that post myself, I am the same money wise, although not in as much debt. I did have a couple of thousands worth of debt a few years ago, that came from my teenage years, and I had to go bankrupt to clear it, I was cleared from the bankruptsy 4 years ago and since then im not all that bad, but when my baby was not well about a year ago, i ended up in a bit of debt again, and its spiraled since then, now im in debt to pay day loan companies, granted its not alot of money and I can afford to pay it, but i'll be paying them for the next 2 months with absolutely nothing spare, and actually unable to pay my actual bills, but they seem to take priority because they come straight out my bank account. I had a bit of a breakdown on Friday about finances, and its difficult to see a way out. I sat and spent hours working through my finances and felt a bit better afterwards.

70 hour shifts is crazy!! What do you do for a job? I do 37 hours and thats more than enough, feels like all i do is work, cant imagine what 70 is like.

I think your life is good because your recognising your issues (money & cat) and your thinking of what you can do to improve them, thats 100 x better than ignoring them.

xxxxx

Wow, both your posts are a bit humbling. I moan about not having much money but I think, to be honest, having read both your posts, I am being a bit of a spoilt madam, you have both given me a much needed wake up call. I am so sorry you are both struggling so much with debt, I have been in the past and it was like a constant huge weight dragging me down, when I finally managed to pay it all off it was like 10 stone being lifted from my shoulders. I need to keep reminding myself how lucky I am instead of moaning I'd like more. I hugely admire you both for living with and tackling your financial woes and coping with this diet at the same time, working loads - you might not think it but you both must be incredibly strong!

CB my son is studying microbiology and virology, he has always been absolutely fascinated by viruses since they first taught about them in a science lesson in school and Warwick is the only uni that offers that specific degree so he was over the moon when he was accepted there and feels very lucky to be able to spend 3 years studying something he is really interested in!

Thanks Froggy!

Its strange because I read about other people's debt and think, goodness, i'm glad mine isn't that much. When I hear about people losing their homes or all their money going to debt, it is a wake up call. Thankfully my debt isn't too bad, it is manageable. I also think about the poor souls who are in debt but dont have a job.

With the eating I sometimes think its easier to diet when life is like this, because you can always think your doing something right. When I'm worried about my finances ect, I think....not everything is bad, i'm trying to lose weight and thats something to look forward to.

My life is good because......I totally pigged out tonite and yet i'm still making a fresh start tomorrow. When I lost weight before and people said...how did you do it, how were you so motivated, I truely believe that if you make a mistake you just need to keep going, my weight loss was consistent , every week I lost because every time I had a total binge day, and some days were reallllly bad, i'd just start afresh the next day, I never punished myself, and thankfully my body allowed me to do that.

That's a great attitude littlemiss, in the past if I broke my diet just once, that was it, I would then abandon it and immediately regain anything i had lost and more! Its great you can get straight back on it and not use the one day slip as an excuse to carry on binging!

My life is good because......I totally pigged out tonite and yet i'm still making a fresh start tomorrow. When I lost weight before and people said...how did you do it, how were you so motivated, I truely believe that if you make a mistake you just need to keep going, my weight loss was consistent , every week I lost because every time I had a total binge day, and some days were reallllly bad, i'd just start afresh the next day, I never punished myself, and thankfully my body allowed me to do that.

That's the way to do it!!
I find that the best way to keep going and I should know..taken me since April 2010 to get this far. Binges ..or blips I like to call them..happen to the best of us and far better to accept it happened and we weakened for a mo' and then get back to it a.s.a.p. even tho' feeling a bit down at first when realising a couple of pounds may have been gained back... like moi today!
But I feel good because there are people on here who are such a help and wonderful support.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! .. :thankyou:

Froggy, congratulations to your son on getting into not only a very difficult and prestigious university but also what must be a very intellectually demanding course! Does he know what he wants to do afterwards? It's nice to hear of someone having some passion and drive, frankly. There are so many generic degrees that it's amazing to find someone who's committed to a particular path. No doubt this is the point when you'll tell me afterwards that he plans to be a commercial solicitor. ;)

I thought about bankruptcy once but I didn't want to live with the consequences. Ridiculous as it sounds for someone in my position, I do still dream that I may one day own my home and bankruptcy makes it so much harder. I'd also like to emigrate at some point and I don't know what complications can arise if someone has been bankrupt before. I really commend you for doing that, because it must have been so scary. Have you considered talking to StepChange (former CCCS) about your situation? They may be able to work out something better for you. I owe a lot but luckily it's all to one creditor, so I'm able to negotiate directly with them and (thus far) they've been very understanding and patient. I think it's clear when I'm standing in their office bawling my eyes out that I'm an unlucky person in a difficult situation, and not someone who ever set out to swindle them, so they can be more lenient.

My cat is suffering from stress. In this crazy modern world, even cats aren't immune to it apparently! So, even though right now she is flat on her back fast asleep looking as though she hasn't a care in the world, my cat has started exhibiting unwelcome behaviours, such as peeing everywhere, being ultra clingy and attacking one of the other cats. Her physical health is fine and now I'm working with a behaviourist. If something doesn't given soon I'm going to have to rehome one of my brood, because this just isn't fair on everyone. The behaviourist thinks this cat has just decided she's had enough of the others (though I believe there's one particular one she dislikes). So it may be a case of rehome the stressed cat, probably with her closest buddy, or rehome the one causing the stress. I just don't know what to do and of course I don't really want any of them to go. They're my family.

How's your fresh start going today, littlemiss? You and Emmaline are both right on the money: it's important to accept it and move on and start again immediately. Otherwise all that guilt and negative emotion is likely to make you want to eat again to comfort yourself! It can be a vicious circle.

Well, as I've just posted on the Cambridge subforum, my life is good today because I've been on the diet for nearly three months and my weigh in today revealed that I have now lost 5 stone. I've dropped twelve points off my BMI and so I'm no longer "morbidly obese" - just plain old regular obese! Not something to really aspire to, I know, but after spending my adult life as a walking death trap it feels really, really good. This is a momentous day, and it makes the long way I have yet to go look very achievable. :)

Back