My life is good because...

Thank you! It's a very dramatic loss but that's Cambridge for you! I really needed a diet that would kick my ass and as I had so much to lose in the first place I was guaranteed a quick result. :)

:confused: I somehow managed to miss the last few posts on here yesterday!

CB he is interested in working with viruses and/or bacteria which basically means scientific research. I was proud as punch of him because he had a very rough time through school. He is Coeliac, very small and skinny for his age, brainy and wears glasses. These made him an excellent target for the bullies and he was bullied, badly, from the age of 10 to 16. We even considered pulling him out of school altogether at one point but he insisted he wasn't going to let them beat him.

So he worked really hard and got accepted at an excellent 6th form college, it was quite a way to travel but he finally, finally was accepted for who he was there and made some good friends. Hence he got great A level results and is doing the exact course he wanted to, I so admire him for what he put up with, it was a nightmare and I did all I could to try and get the school to deal with it properly but they were absolutely useless.

Ooh where do you want to emigrate to? Having that as a possible future plan must be a great motivation for clearing your debts and tackling your weight, you sound to be an extremely strong person.

My life is good because I have finally admitted to myself what everyone else has been telling me for a couple of years now and made an appointment for a hearing assessment!

My life is good because despite being tempted massively to break this diet yesterday and the day before, I battened down the hatches and got through it, even if it did cost me (boredom drove me to look at jewellery online and a badly behaved silver bracelet jumped into my shopping basket)

Amazing how things become badly behaved at precisely the right moment isn't it?!

So pleased that your son was able to rise above all that bullying..must have nearly broken your heart to know what was going on. I guess with his determination he will reach great heights with his studies.
One of my grandchildren is Coeliac as well and he was only recently diagnosed after years of being in agony with stomach pains. Reminded me of him as he is tall and skinny and has a great sense of humour.
It's always such a joy when your offspring manage to achieve ... my youngest D is a teacher and my son was a paramedic.

My life is good today because my friend is coming round to visit me in an hour or so and she has always got a great listening ear ..bless her!
My life is good today because my mojo came back and I'm back on track with a vengeance!! :sign0151:

Great attitude Emm!

I think we were lucky, my son was born with coeliac and so it was diagnosed pretty quickly, he was just under 2 when the biopsy confirmed it. He cant remember anything else so he doesnt really feel he is missing out though its a bugger for eating out. He got glutened 3 weeks ago today with a supposedly GF meal at Nandos and is still suffering the after effects

Well done on the weight loss CB - you must be so proud!!

And well done Froggy for continuing your weight loss no matter how you feel.

My debts and financial situation have taken over all my thoughts these last few days. I have spent hours and hours looking through paperwork, bank statements, doing various calculations...what a time I've had. I have my weekly/monthly regular bills to sort, which are in a state and I've also got my debts, I think I might owe more than first thought...which is bad news, I need to double check it, I think I've had my head up my backside for a couple of years and dealing with weight issues hasn't helped. Anyway, i'm able to apply for a charity through my work and hopefully they'll be able to help with something and failing that i'll take other advice.

I live in Scotland so its not called bankrupsy its sequestration its a similar idea, I had a solicitor going through all that and at the start he told me that the debts were just as bad for you when applying for a mortgage as bankrupsy is, so I figured I had nothing to lose. On my credit file there is no trace of anything, all my previous debts gone....and no trace of it, however, I think a mortgage provider would find out, think i'd need to have a really good deposit first...

Well....my life is good because I've managed 11 days without bingeing, even through all the stress plus I got a compliment today.

:)

:( S sorry your financial troubles are causing you so much grief but it really does sound like you are doing all the right things in trying to tackle them, you are not burying your head in the sand. God you have done so well to avoid binging when you are so stressed, you must have a lot of inner strength xx

P.S. i haven't decided why my life is good today yet because its grey and miserable out there and one of my cats was a pain in the butt all night yowling at me so I am also knackered.

Ooooh I know, my life is good today because my old boy Tigger, who was so ill recently we nearly lost him, is still around to yowl at me and wake me up a zillion times during the night :D:D

How much we love our animals, even though they annoy us greatly!!

Your son has had such enormous success, froggy - you must be so proud! And it's really something worthwhile that he wants to go into. You said on another thread that you'd had a severe kidney infection before; do you think that's the kind of thing that inspired him to want to go into this field of study?

I'm not sure where I want to emigrate to, because there are a lot of beautiful countries in the world. I just know that I'd love to experience living in another country. Maybe France, Italy or Austria. New Zealand. Canada. I'm not sure! It'll probably have to be Europe because I don't think anywhere else will let me in!

Emmaline, did you have a nice time with your friend? Did you put the world to rights? :)

Congratulations on your 11 days without binging, little miss. That's really commendable. May I ask what the compliment was that you had? I bet it made your day!

My life is good today because my weigh in means that I now have less than 8 stone to lose. That's a real blessing. My life is also good because I'm relatively on track with my work and I had a telephone session with a counsellor this afternoon. My cat hasn't peed outside the tray in the last few days (or, at least, not that I've found...) and I'm excited about my upcoming holidays. Lots to be thankful for right now.

CB - I really think 8 stone is achievable, I started my weight loss journey a couple of years back with 7 stone to lose, so I know how it feels to have a bigger amount to lose than average, I am 2 stone lighter than my heaviest back then, so now I only have 5 stone to lose, but i'm breaking it into chunks, my goal is to lose 3 stone, then i'll be happy, a further 2 on top would be amazing.

My compliment the other day was....one of my work colleagues has been off for 2 weeks, and has returned, we are always trying to resist the biscuits and cakes that people bring in, and I said i'd managed to resist while she was off, I said i'd lost 6lbs in 2 weeks and she said......oh aye I can tell now that you mention it...around your waist! lol

I kind of feel at ease with my debt, i'm doing everything that I possibly can, the same as I am doing with my weight loss, and its a kind of comforting feeling, knowing i'm dealing with both issues is actually making me feel more of a sense of achievement, and its only really been the last couple of days I've been less stressed and probably more hopeful than I've been in a while. After all...what more can I do on top of everything I am

My life is good because I am feeling slimmer, my trousers are baggier, and my ring is looser on my finger!!

xxxxx

CB I really regret not doing more adventurous things when i was young free and single, I really do feel I have let life just sort of pass me by. I am determined now to try and make the most of things and not let fear or laziness or financial excuses hold me back.

I dont think its anything to do with me, the reason my son is interested in viruses, immunology etc. My dad was a GP and he has inherited a lot of his scientific ways of thinking and since he is Coeliac which is an autoimmune disorder, that got him really interested in the process that happens when he ingests gluten, the body going into attack mode in such a self destructive way. Then they briefly touched on viruses i a science lesson when he was 13 or 14 and he was hooked, lol.

Its not all rosy though, I worry hugely about him as he is extremely lazy and refuses to make any attempt whatsoever to get a part time job. He doesn't spend money so he is the richest student in the world, he has saved up a fortune out of his student loans and says as he doesn't need money why should he work :mad: even though its not actually "his" money. He is also very unsociable, he has a small circle of friends who all play role play games together (nerdy stuff as he calls it, stuff like dungeons and dragons) and apart from meeting up to play those, he never goes out. He has never had a girlfriend, never even kissed a girl. Lol, being a parent can be so hard, I never stop worrying!

However on the whole, though I am very very lucky. My sister has 2 sons now aged 21 and 17. Eventually she kicked out the 21 yr old, about 3 years ago, he is an absolute nightmare. He has been in prison 3 times for violent offences including punching a girl and breaking a policeman's nose and tooth and his current "employment" is shoplifting high end men's clothing and selling it on. He has stolen her car and written it off in the past, attacked her, slashed up some of her clothes with a kitchen knife.........and a hell of a lot more.

The 17yr old is better, he has only been arrested once so far :eek: but he also treats her with utter contempt (including calling her a fat c**t regularly) he really isn't a nice boy.

My life is good today because it looks like the sunshine may be coming out later which always helps to lift my mood and makes sticking to this diet a lot easier!

:) Littlemiss, what a boost that compliment must have given you! You sound to be feeling more positive now, good for you for getting some control back in your life!

Ah Froggy...bless you. Your such a good mummy. Your son sounds like a thoughtful soul, and even though he hasn't had a girlfriend, that doesn't matter, he's still young and he's discovering himself, i'd say he sounds like a typical teenager. I'd much rather have a bright son than one in and out of jail.

That's me managed another full working week without bingeing, i'm not following any particular diet, but i'm just trying not to binge I have allowed myself a jam doughnut and a flapjack tonight feels really naughty.

My life is good because I managed nearly another full week

Froggylegs, your nephews sound like a nightmare! I wouldn't worry about your own son though. He sounds like a fundamentally good boy who just needs to mature a little (i.e. his attitude to work). The girl thing will right itself when the time is right. Better to be a young man with too little experience than too much, and there's a huge subculture of female nerds out there too, so he'll find his match. Besides, if he'd met a girlfriend a few years ago he might have gotten her pregnant and had to give up school to pay for the baby etc (extreme, yes, but possible!!), so maybe fate wants him to be a career man first. ;)

Littlemiss, doesn't it feel great when you notice the loosening of your clothes? Nothing I own fits right now, and I can't really afford to buy anything so I spend a lot of time holding my clothes up. I ought to launch a thread to see if anyone is interested in starting a type of clothing swap shop! Well done on going another week without binging - your doughnut and flapjack are mere treats and you deserve to give yourself a reward, especially when you are battling the debt and so much at once. :)

I'm having a pretty lousy day, to be honest. I've got to make some very difficult decisions about my animals and it's breaking my heart. I don't know what to do and it looks like I'm going to have to lose one but the big question is which and the bigger question is where will (s)he go? I can't bear the thought of not knowing any of my animals for the rest of their lives. It's making me feel so sick.

Littlemiss, very well done for not bingeing, that is an achievement in itself and I agree with CB, the doughnut and flapjack were treats. Hope work is good for you next week.

Thanks to both of you re my son, it has reassured me somewhat. And yes, I would a million trillion times rather be worrying about him for the reasons I have rather than more horrible reasons.

Our family gathering is this Tuesday evening. My sister with the dodgy sons lives in London so they are coming up on Monday and staying with me for 2 nights. The older boy is not coming but the 17yr old is. I live in a tiny 2 up 2 down little house. In the past when they have come up we have put an old zed bed in my son's room and Ben has slept on that but alex absolutely detests Ben and really really doesn't want him here. They have nothing in common and when they were young Ben and his brother used to bully my son terribly and he says being with him reminds him of all the horrible chaos that used to bully him at school.

I dont feel able to tell my sister he can't stay here but i have tried to encourage her to book in somewhere as we no longer have the zed bed so ben will have to sleep on the floor. She hasn't decided yet and i have a feeling she knows i dont want ben here. I will talk to her over the weekend and see what she has decided to do. If they do both stay here there is no way i am putting up with any bad behaviour from Ben whatsoever. My house, my rules. Its going to be a tense couple of days :eek:

I feel good today because I was very tempted to go off plan yesterday when i only lost 2lbs but gave myself a good talking to, a loss is a loss, and got through it.

Last edited:
CB - So sorry about your animals, they are like our children. Horrible decision to make. Luckily its someone we know that took our dog, duno if that's better or worse!

Froggy - what an akward situation about your nephew coming too stay, is there absolutely no way he could sleep in another room? Living room? What about your son, can he sleep somewhere else? What about on your bedroom floor. You could easily come up with a reason for these things without sounding like your avoiding anyone.

My life is good today because - even though I have PUT ON 4lbs....I am still continuing and im feeling good. I'm 2 weeks before my TOTM and i'm positive that's whats causing it, plus I have been really dehydrated. Trying to keep going. I've had a nice bath today and im feeling better. I know realistically that I haven't eaten enough to put on 4lbs in fat, unless the doughnut and flapjack were very fattening.

:(:(:( Oh CountryBumpkin i am so so sorry, i managed to completely miss your post at the top of this page. How absolutely awful for you, I just cannot imagine having to make that kind of decision, my heart goes out to you :bighug:

its a long shot but have you tried Feliway? Its a plug in thing that releases something that is really meant to calm down stressed out cats. Its pretty expensive though.

Thinking of you xxxxx

Back