My life is good because...

Feliway, Zylkene, Rescue Remedy, new litter, new trays, new routines, new food, new food placement, new toys, new play time... I think I've tried it all now. I'm waiting to hear if my mum can take on one but I'm not optimistic. I'd be so unhappy if I had to give up a cat to someone I didn't know. It goes against all my principles of "this is your home for life", which is what I said the day I met each and every one of my darlings.

Did you manage to sort your sleeping arrangements? I'm guessing the family is there by now so I hope you're okay and not tearing your hair out. You know where we are if you need to rant. ;)

Emmaline, that's MAJOR progress. Did anything in particular happen to make the switch happen in your brain? I've been trying for years to accept my dad's ignoring of me but, even twelve years later, it hasn't really gotten any better. If you have tips, I'd love to hear them. xxx

CB, you are doing right by all of your cats but onit must be heartbreaking for you, I really truly hope you find a lovely home for it/them

Jackie and Ben are both sleeping here but have at least managed to put them both in my room so my son doesn't have to have him i in with him. I am on the settee which I much, much prefer because I am usually up late at night and up very early in the morning whereas Jackie goes to bed arly and gets up late. I am comfy enough on there just for a couple of nights and she is having fun trying out my electric bed!

So far so good, its going well. Today should be great, we are taking our young nephew (brother's son) to the local big country park so they will all have a ball exploring, damming the stream, adventure play area, trees to climb etc and I will sit outside the caff watching the ducks and reading my ace book! Then there is just tonight to get through but there will be 14 there altogether so I will have plenty of human shields between myself and scary sister!!

CB - I'm so so sorry about your cats. I got rescue cats a couple of years ago - 2 of them, one male one female but both spayed. They lived together fine for about a year then the female started being really funny, running around all over the place, not using her litter tray, just generally being strange. It turns out the male started peeing in her litter tray and eating her food (we realised after spying on them for a while!) we couldn't get them to stop. We had to rehome the girl because I fell pregnant not long after and couldn't be around the pee. We kept the male who ended up running off when we moved house. What a carry on i've had with pets. Anyway, I know how you feel about the home for life thing. I felt the same about all my pets but you have to think about yourself too :)

Froggy - your day out sounds great and its a good idea about the sleeping arrangements.

I have had a rubbish few days, more arguments with OH, and due to my debt with british gas they installed a pay as you go meter to my gas supply yesterday which involved me taking a day off work, and making sure im listening out for the door all day incase they break in. If you dont answer they have a warrant to break in. I had myself up to high doe about it, sick with the stress. I've argued with OH last 3 nights in a row (possibly stress related) but now things hopefully are better - needless to say the healthy eating is out the window now.

But.....my life is good because - im a step closer towards geting my debt sorted and hopefully thats the last of the dramas!!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday!!

:)

Littlemiss, I'm so sorry about all the stress you're going through. What a nightmare! Money worries can put such enormous strain on a family. At least with the new meter you'll always be ahead of the payment schedule and not behind. Have you spoken to any of the debt charities about ways of clearing any backlog? They're really good at negotiating with creditors, so it might be worth looking into if you've got arrears.

I was just thinking today actually about how financially impossible a normal life is, i.e. one with a small home, the change to go the movies once a month, maybe on holiday once a year. I don't know how single people in average jobs do it without large inheritances! I'd love to sit here and say "No problem, I'm sure someone will marry me someday" but the fact is I'm almost 30 and have been single for over ten years. Once my weight has gone and I'm flopping around with all my excess skin I don't think I'm going to be any more attractive. I'm scared I'll settle for the first man to say hello to me out of sheer paranoia of being poor and alone forever. It's crazy to be in a relationship because it's cheaper but I don't imagine anyone genuinely loving me for me and I'm in way too much debt to carry on by myself. Ah, the crazy thoughts a person has at 1am...

My life is good today because I'm on top of all my work.

CB - try not to think that way, you wont look worse with the skin. I know of someone from this forum who lost 15 stone due to healthy eating and got skin surgery off the NHS, but even before she got that, you could defo tell she was thinner, its just she wasn't confident to wear less clothes.

I know what you mean about being single and not having alot of money. My OH works as a computer engineer but he only does the odd job here and there because there is not alot of work about just now, so basically its just my income supporting us, we manage fine, i have debts so all my money goes to debts but once that is clear i can afford to pay everything and even start saving. But one of my friends is single without kids and is on a lot lower wage (14k) and she cant afford to have her own house or anything like that. She lives with her parents and doesn't know if she'll ever escape

xxxxxx

:( Oh CB what a sad post. Not everyone ends up with the excess skin and your young age is in your favour, your skin is much more pliant at your age. And as littlemiss said. If it is very bad you may well be able to get it done on the NHS. With regards to blokes, not all of them are completely shallow, many do fall in love with personalities and also love the packaging!!

Maybe try not to look too far ahead? Just focus on the next stone, its very destructive to look too far into e future, you might end up talking yourself out of the diet if you do that!

You have been so, so strong, you are going in all the right directions, just dont stray too far off your path :bighug:

Oh Littlemiss I wish I could win the lottery and sort everyone's debts for them!

I am single and haven't had much income from working during the last 20 years but I was incredibly lucky to be in a position to buy my first house when prices were still very affordable, my house cost £18,750!! I get a pension from the police and some disability income and have been able to stretch it a very long way due to my mortgage being so small. I finally paid it off 18 months ago and the relief is indescribable. I had scrimped and saved and kept paying chunks off whenever I could because I knew my income is only ever going to go down, not up.

I truly fear for my sosns's generation with the ridiculous cost of housing, I feel so, so sorry for anyone having to pay exorbitant rent never mind trying to save a deposit for a mortgage :(

Hey Froggy

Wow you used to be in the police! I better be on my best behaviour ;) I work with the police in my job. And yes, that's fantastic about your mortgage you really are so lucky and at least you know your house truly is yours, and its something to pass on to your children, so they will always have a house too, I don't think i'll ever be in that position, the price of private lets are so high that most money goes on that and not a lot for savings, I'll need to spend approx. 3 years paying off my debt and that would be me putting in all my spare money but i'm hoping after that I can use that money towards saving for a mortgage don't know if i'd even get a mortgage after my debt carry on. I'll be lucky to even make a start on my mortgage before i'm 40

How did your weekend go with your relatives?

:) It went better than I had dared hope, littlemiss! Scary sister behaved, mum had no nasty comments, sister's son was not too bad! I am very relieved its all over. Oh I hope you manage to get your debts sorted and end up with a mortgage xx

:) Enjoy your lunch out with your friend Emmaline

:) My life is good today because I can really see a great difference in my weight now and can fit into a lot of my nice summer stuff. I am swimming this morning.

My life is good because...

I know how to lose the weight.
I have a tangible target to achieve.
I have you lot to come to.
I can eat right and can control my portions and how often I eat.

I can do sweet-FA to my height or facial features, but heck am I gonna change the "fat"!

Froggy, are you ok?

My life is good because, after continuous stress and worries I've managed to come up with a healthy eating plan.....

I think I was reading about that yesterday in the daily mail, is it no sugar for 3 days (including fruit) then gradually re-introduce?

My life is good because I had a good sleep and don't have much to do today

That's probably the best reason of all!

How is everyone getting on? My life is good because I've had three brilliant weeks with friends and family, reminding me of all the things that really matter in life!

Hey CB!

Glad to hear you've had a good time.

I've not had a minute to myself, but managing to stay on track with healthy eating.

My life is good because I lost 3lbs last week.....

:)

My life is good because I've lost 32lb in 8 weeks and it's taken a load off my knee!

My life is good because I have a loving husband and children, I live in a nice part of the world and we are all happy :)

Back