my little doggie sid is poorly

chubbyemma

Silver Member
i came in from night shift last night and he had been sick, i didnt think to much about it as dogs do get poorly tummys to, though i would keep a eye on it.

when i woke this morning at 10 ( boyfriend leaves back door open when he leaves house at 8), i couldnt find little sid.

eventually found him in back garden collapsed under his favorite tree. well i though he was dead i had to carry him in house and he collapsed. rushed him to vets and he has had some injections antibotic and antiflametries (\spelling crap).

if in a few hours he is no better he has to go back to vets and go on drip and they will look after him.

sat with him now wrapped up in a blanket calming him, im so upset girls hope he will be ok. wish they had kept him in the vets because im getting in a right state worrying here.

fingers crossed for my little fella

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 70
  • 042.jpg
    042.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 68
Emma I am so upset for you. Nothing is worse than one of your babes being poorly. If you are anything like me the sick feeling in the tummy does not go it just grows and grows until you know they are safe and well.

Do you have any idea what caused it ???

How is he now ???

hugs xxxxx

ho sweetie, sorry to here he is so poorly. keep you chin up

thanks girls

i have no idea what caused it, vet said he was tender around his tummy.maybe a blockage somewhere or a bone he had the other day and the marrow inside that he ate disagreed with him

he is at least drinking water but has been sick once more and is not himself.

shall have to ring vets at 5 and see what they want to do.

its breaking my heart seeing him this way.wish he was better:(

Sorry to hear about Sid. Make sure you let us know how he gets on x

well i rang the vets back at 5 o clock as they said.

as wee sid is drinking and has had a wee they said to not bring him in to go on a drip!

well im bloody beside myself with worry hes hot then cold and flopping around and just not himself. if this goes on im ringing the vet again.

am i been over cautious?and worrying to much? or should i ring them again? oh lord i do worryover my critters and it could be nowt nor something.

he is wrapped in a wet towel at moment trying to cool him down

thank you for kind words girls :)

Could it be pancreatitis? My dog had it 3 times now, she's on Hills I/D forever now, no fats allowed because of the pancreatic stimulation. She gets swollen too when it happens, vomiting, eating grass, restless. They take her in, put her on a drip and starve her until she can keep food down. Mention it to the vets, maybe?

You can never be too cautious hun...better safe than sorry as they say. fingers crossed for you xxx

well i rang the vets back at 5 o clock as they said.

as wee sid is drinking and has had a wee they said to not bring him in to go on a drip!

well im bloody beside myself with worry hes hot then cold and flopping around and just not himself. if this goes on im ringing the vet again.

am i been over cautious?and worrying to much? or should i ring them again? oh lord i do worryover my critters and it could be nowt nor something.

he is wrapped in a wet towel at moment trying to cool him down

thank you for kind words girls :)

Sounds like the ******* want to clock off for the night. :mad: Can you find another vet? Cold towels could make him worse, give him a cold, if he's passing water and drinking that is good Emma. :)

The best thing to do is stay with him, try not to show your concern because they can sense it and it'll worry him even more. Most dogs when sick don't want a fuss so let him be if the vet won't take him. Just keep the water beside him and let him pass water. It's awful when they're sick, i really feel for you both. :cry:

Oh no, how is he???

oh no i have taken the wet towel off him.

i think i need to stop fussing around him Faustina your right,im upset and i think hes picking that up.

does not help other half is on call tonight so im alone to make any decisions! i would much rather they had took him in for night so i know they were doing all they could for him.

i think my vet would have taken him if they thought they needed to, it cost me £62 quid this morning for his jabs and stuff, so keeping him overnight im sure would have cost me. dont get me wrong i trust them but they are expensive.

vet did suggest it could be the marrow out of a bone he ate yesterday making him unwell. i just dont know, im in for a long night tonight

do you normally feed him that? My OH said he thought it was that straight away... Give the injections etc. time to kick in, he'll be like a child, you'll be worrying yourself silly all night and he'll be running around like a five year old tomorrow. Please keep us updated xx

How is he now Emma ?

Go with your gut instinct. No one knows him like you do and if you think he needs the vet you take him.

Hope he is considerably better by the time you read this.

thanks girls

he is with his dad on the sofa cuddled up for now.

when my OH came infrom work wee sid was wagging his tail for him even though he couldnt get up to see him.

im leaving him alone for a while to get a good sleep.

pammyd i thought marrow out of bones was good for dogs. i certainly wont be giving him that again incase its that.

I thought marrow was good for them as well. We have always fed it but scooped it out of the bone for them. It is more likely to be the bone itself.

Really happy for you that he feels well enough to wag his tail, little love !!

I have just bathed one of my gang. Georgie the long haired one. He is adorable but I am not sure who was the wettest at the end of bath time. They are our family aren't they Emma?

Please let us know how he is.

Back