my little doggie sid is poorly

h

shall ring vets and ask tell them how he is and ask what the next step is.Need to get him eating again i think now.i have tablets here for him but cant get them down his neck as he wont eat.

With any of my huge zoo of animals if they will not accept medication with pills I crush them as fine as I can then mix with water to a paste if possible. Take a syringe, cut the bit off that the needle goes into cos the liquid will be thick, and pop the syringe in the animals mouth as far back as you can, and slowly swoosh it in. Never fails. If you have no syringes at home your vet will give you one.

Also the vet will have an injection that will get little Sid-licious eating again.

So glad that both you and he are feeling better this morning.

You won't need any rocking tonight Emma, you will sleep !!!

he is a patterjack Angel, we were told when we saw him as a puppy that he is a cross between a patterdale terrier and a jack russel with a bit of everything else thrown in for good measure we reackon lol

he is a terror never mind a terrier.!!!!:D

but we love him he is a very loyal little fella x

wonderful news, so glad he's picking up, fillymum that is a great idea, I usually pop my two's in a small chunk of cheese, they love it, just got the message Emma xx

Good advice Pam, we do tend to overdo things with them all in the name of love. Mine get chicken, cooked fresh every day with rice cooked in the liquor and a mix. My Great Danes get sardines in sunflower oil with rice and biscuits in the mornings and they love them. They have the chicken in the evening.

I now have a mental image of a Great Dane with a fishing rod, sat on a river bank fishing for there breakfast lol.

dog-fishing.gif

Don't forget the camp stove so they can cook their catch, people look at me as though I'm barking (he he get it) when i say I sometimes feed my dogs raw ungutted fish, and raw chicken... ( I can hear you all going ewwww now lol)

lol the things we do for our furry critters.

sue i bet they love the raw fish and so good for them.

i even give mine raw tripe, and not just in a bowl i have to hand feed them it because for some strange reason they wont eat it out of bowl!!!!! all the other food they will but not that tripe:sigh:

can you imagine how i smell after doing that. odd no one else in the house offers to do it but mum!!!!!!!!!!

right im off to work, dont want to go but kinda have to, i took day off yesterday to look after sid, so wee sid-licious is off to grans and grandads for a couple of hours to get nursed lol

thanks for tips girls, i dont know what i would do without you all xxx

wonderful to hear little sid is better.

right im off to work, dont want to go but kinda have to, i took day off yesterday to look after sid, so wee sid-licious is off to grans and grandads for a couple of hours to get nursed lol

Of course you have to work. We have to keep the furry critters in the style we have accustomed them too !!!

Hi Emma,
I hope Sid is feeling better soon!
It's the worst thing in the world when your pet is not well! My dog, Kai, got kennel cough about 6 months after we got him (he was 1 yr 6 months) and it scared the living hell out of me! He was so weak and wouldn't eat but couldn't stop being sick, I honestly thought he was going to die!! It was the worst day of my life!
The vet gave him some antibiotics but he wouldn't eat anything so he didn’t have them until about 12 hours later when he eventually ate a little bit of warm chicken with them in the middle! He soon picked up!
It must have been a horrible shock finding him like that! Hope you are ok and hope Sid is on the road to recovery!!! x x

aww I do hope little sid is all better now! - he did look so cute in the blanket. I bet you haven't stop worrying all day being at work.

I know I would do.

Sending huge hugs and get well vibes

Sid is sooo cute! Really glad he's a bit better. Here's to a speedy recovery. X

thanks girls

i picked sid up when i finished my shift at 9.30 and he went crazy, wagging his tail and all excited. soon got tierd and had to sit down but i think my little man is going to be ok.

he even just ate a few teaspoons of the food the vet gave him. thank god!!!

sue you are not kidding about keeping our critters in the style they are acustomed to. i sometimes think i work to keep them happy and not me. i treat them to nice things and not myself when i go shopping!!

im so glad your doggie is ok now katerpillar there is nothing worse than seeing our babies suffer. i dread the day i have to make the final decision for one of mine. i really dont know how i will cope!

thanks for all get well wishes i told wee sid-licious he has lots of aunties now lol

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Emma, so glad Sid-licious is feeling better :) I was just thinking about what you said about buying stuff for the fur babies rather than for yourself when you go shopping and it reminded me of when we went skiing with my bro and his 2 dogs. We bought them the most adorable little ski outfits and boots, they cost a fortune but they were just to die for!! And they looked so cute in the snow, people actually asked if they could have their photo taken with them! One is a long haired Chihuahua and the others a Pomeranian. If I knew how to put a pic on here I would show you! xx

oh my goodness piglet, you gotta find a way to put a photo on.

i bet they look fantastic and soooo cute!!!

ski outfits for doggies lol and little boots.

sid did have a some little legwarmers like they wear on the film fame, but my big dog tried to pick him up by them and throw him around a little thinking it was a new toy. so they got put in bin asap.:eek:

Sid is soooo cute! I know how it is when our little ones get poorly! Glad to see he has a caring mum! Hope Sid is back to his usual self very soon!

oh my goodness piglet, you gotta find a way to put a photo on.

i bet they look fantastic and soooo cute!!!

ski outfits for doggies lol and little boots.

sid did have a some little legwarmers like they wear on the film fame, but my big dog tried to pick him up by them and throw him around a little thinking it was a new toy. so they got put in bin asap.:eek:

Lol !!! That sounds like my lot of hooligans . They all have winter jackets not as an accessory but when it gets cold they can not cope. It is so hot for most of the year tat the cold knocks them out. They are so bad with them always undressing each other. The big boys have foal rugs as I can not get coats to fit them.
buckycoatetc-5.jpg

This is my Jack Russel, Bucky, modelling his winter coat.

So glad Sid licious is on the right side of being better, Isn't amazing how when all is right in their world , all is right in ours.

hugs xx

awww my goodness how cute is Bucky-licious in his little red knitted sweater.

lol at the look on his face..what you doing to me mum!!!!!
im with you about the big boys having to wear foals coats, my big mastiff had to have a horse collar around his neck when he had a operation, as no normal dog collar would fit him!!! he has a size 32 inch neck:eek:

sid is a different dog today he never leaves my side i have noticed and keeps sitting looking at me, wonder what he is thinking?

yes sue all is well in my world for now, now sids getting better, how right you are x

Back