My Low Carb Journey

Phoenyx said:
Twirl bites - yummy! Well done for resisting!

Listen to your body with the fasting - I haven't managed more than 2 fast days in a week. I started fasting ding juddd which is supposed to be less than 500 cals every second day. I could do the first two but found myself tired, stressed and craving sugar every time I attempted a third. Other people seem to manage just fine doing three, so I think it's a case of listening to your body.

Good luck!

I think this whole journey is one of discovery and listening to your body......but have fallen off the wagon majorly tonight.......was supposed to be having a "party plan" party tonight, duly tidied the house, bought in cakes....as you do and no-one came.........think it's a case of Olympics and good weather, so what did I do but resorted to eating many of said cakes as I was p*ssed off and now I'm even more p*ssed off at myself for being stupid!!!! Tomorrow is another day and I will attemp to fast for three days next week, but will take on board what you have said Phoenyx and see how I go and am always willing to adjust if necessary as I go along x x The fasting days won't be consecutive so may do Tues and Thurs or Mon, Wed and Fri.........

Phoenyx said:
Whats a party-plan party? Shame, I was free tonight, I could have come, eaten cakes and then we'd both be feeling crappy! ;) still, tomorrow's another day...

Bit like Tupperware only it's aloe Vera products and comes under the heading of health and well-being. I've actually been drinking one of their aloe gel drinks, taste foul, but it's helped no end with my tendinitis that wasn't healing. :):) obviously shows I have no friends........note to self avoid Olympics and good weather next time :8855:

Been good so,far today and have just eaten some fruit as my meal for today, did add a splash of cream too to help ward off any feelings of hunger :) Trouble is that now I've eaten I want to eat more, so may adjust when I eat my one meal to lunchtime and then when I come home Imknow not to eat .......think that will work?

Dawnejoy said:
Been good so,far today and have just eaten some fruit as my meal for today, did add a splash of cream too to help ward off any feelings of hunger :) Trouble is that now I've eaten I want to eat more, so may adjust when I eat my one meal to lunchtime and then when I come home Imknow not to eat .......think that will work?

I think it will work. It's def worth having cream on your fruit if your just having fruit as it puts in some much needed fat to reduce the insulin response. Yum!

Play with having the meal at lunch, see if it works :) good luck

Dawnejoy said:
Bit like Tupperware only it's aloe Vera products and comes under the heading of health and well-being. I've actually been drinking one of their aloe gel drinks, taste foul, but it's helped no end with my tendinitis that wasn't healing. :):) obviously shows I have no friends........note to self avoid Olympics and good weather next time :8855:

I've been to one of those - the toothpaste is fab. My son is sensitive to the foaming agents in most toothpaste.

I've had a few poorly attended things -- it's annoying. BTW I only serve food that would be "good choices" when I host. Then I have leftovers we'd eat.

Last edited:
Hi, so annoying about the party, I was free and it sounds right up my street too! How's it going after the cake 'incident'?

Morning.......all my food choices since last week have been bad choices........willpower and I are def estranged :(:(:(:(

Indeed to get back on track and everyday I start off well, but by the end of the day I have had a mini binge, then start the next day well only to repeat the day before......I just don't seem to be able to get back on track at the moment!!!!!

Have been off work for a couple of days as I haven't been well, but back to work tomorrow, so maybe getting back into routine will help!!

Hi Dawn,

Dawnejoy said:
Morning.......all my food choices since last week have been bad choices........willpower and I are def estranged :(:(:(:(

Indeed to get back on track and everyday I start off well, but by the end of the day I have had a mini binge, then start the next day well only to repeat the day before......I just don't seem to be able to get back on track at the moment!!!!!

Have been off work for a couple of days as I haven't been well, but back to work tomorrow, so maybe getting back into routine will help!!

I think it will. I knw being here and not home has been a challenge.

diembroadhurst said:
why don't you try a new tactic?

instead of having an out of control mini binge - why not start in the morning and plan what you will eat for the rest of the day even if it includes things that you will eat on your mini binge?

So if you are binging on bread, crisps or something else. Agree to yourself you will have enough of that food source until the craving passes and then stop.

Its the loosing control which sets off the cycle of 'oh what the hell', if you control it you are sticking to a plan of action. Then when you are ready you can choose if you want to actually eat the stuff you crave. You might find when you gave given yourself permission you won't be so desperate to eat it.

Sound advice!

diembroadhurst said:
why don't you try a new tactic?

instead of having an out of control mini binge - why not start in the morning and plan what you will eat for the rest of the day even if it includes things that you will eat on your mini binge?

So if you are binging on bread, crisps or something else. Agree to yourself you will have enough of that food source until the craving passes and then stop.

Its the loosing control which sets off the cycle of 'oh what the hell', if you control it you are sticking to a plan of action. Then when you are ready you can choose if you want to actually eat the stuff you crave. You might find when you gave given yourself permission you won't be so desperate to eat it.

That's a good idea, will give it a go :) have been good so,far today, and have been tempted, but tell myself as I'm low carbing that eating fat and carbs together is a bad idea, working so far but I do just want to eat and I'm not even hungry....... If I can get one good day under my belt then I'm sure I can get back on track :)

diembroadhurst said:
See when I was a kid I smoked - I wasn't serious about it UNTIL my dad found out and went mental and told me I couldn't smoke - well gloves were off and I ended up smoking for about 5 years longer than had he not battered an eyelid. Breaking all the rules is so much more enticing even when its not healthy for us. Dawn I give you permission to eat as many carbs as you can fill your boots with - seriously go and stuff yourself silly with them - eat until you are sick if you need to - honestly i'm giving you a night pass - you can blame me for the weight gain and i'll happily take it on the chin. You still want to eat that stuff? lol!

Love your avatar!!!

diembroadhurst said:
See when I was a kid I smoked - I wasn't serious about it UNTIL my dad found out and went mental and told me I couldn't smoke - well gloves were off and I ended up smoking for about 5 years longer than had he not battered an eyelid. Breaking all the rules is so much more enticing even when its not healthy for us. Dawn I give you permission to eat as many carbs as you can fill your boots with - seriously go and stuff yourself silly with them - eat until you are sick if you need to - honestly i'm giving you a night pass - you can blame me for the weight gain and i'll happily take it on the chin. You still want to eat that stuff? lol!

Haven't eaten any carbs today :8855: triednthenfasting again today, but not very successfully as had a huge wedge of cheese at tea time!!!

Dawnejoy said:
Haven't eaten any carbs today :8855: triednthenfasting again today, but not very successfully as had a huge wedge of cheese at tea time!!!

Still a good effort.

Phoenyx said:
Whether you fast or not, your goal is low carb so you were v successful today :)

Clean slate for me tomorrow. I've decided on a new plan of action, and am feeling confident :)

Yay! Good luck.

Morning my Low Carb Friend (or evening to you)!

I hope you had a good day.

diembroadhurst said:
I doubt your huge wedge of cheese was more than 500 calories - which means you had a very successful fasting day indeed. Seriously you should stop looking for any negatives in your days and trying to admonish yourself - look at the positive things you did very well I might add. You wanted to take control for one day and you did. More days like that please - and please please look at the positive things you did in your day - its oh so easy to focus on the negatives but actually it doesn't make you feel positive about the changes you are making. Keeping yourself accountable is great, focusing on some of the positive changes you are making is better.

Didn't realise I came across quite so negative....whoops......was just trying to be honest and I suppose I am cross with myself for not losing weight......having said that I am mainly low carb and enjoying it. It makes me feel better with more energy and no bloating, which is a huge benefit when you are an apple like me :)

regarding the cheese tho it followed berries and cream eaten at lunch, so all in all not a brilliant effort ........giving it another go next week............I am determined to stick,at this for as long as it takes and know at some point my focus will return :)

Mumma K said:
I'd agree with the consensus I doubt very much your cheese wedge
would have been that bad ...

Probably wouldn't have been if I hadn't already had berries and double cream at lunch.......oh well, done now .......so just move forward and do it again next week.

MinnieMel said:
Morning my Low Carb Friend (or evening to you)!

I hope you had a good day.

Hi Mel, had a really good day at work today :)

I need to get back to cooking properly again as think I'm eating far too much fruit and cream.......think I'll do better eating meat and veg :) Problem is Mick works long days and when he gets in its too late to cook a meal, or at least a big meal so tend to have a MiM or fruit and cream.........next week I'm going to cook every night and pack up for the following day at work...........sound like a plan?

Sounds like a good plan.

Phoenyx said:
I need to plan and cook more too. Not because of late eating like you, but because I'm such a lazy cook! I like frying things and bunging things in the oven. I know I do better when I cook and plan!

Hope all is going well for you today.

Today will be difficult as will be at the Italian restaurant, but have resigned myself to eating off plan today.......I have given myself permission :8855:

MinnieMel said:
Sounds like a good plan.

That's what I thought Mel as do much better eating my mince and cabbage and usually cook enough to take to work the next day and if on a fasting day think it will come under the 500 calories. Mind you I tend to eat fattier mince as that's tastier so hope it won't go over........note to self .....must drink more water and lay off the tea!!!!!

Back