My Low Carb Journey

Can you eat leaner mince but add a stock cube (no sodium) to enhance the flavour? Leaner meat means better cholesterol levels, as does fish, veggies, oatmeal, etc.

MinnieMel said:
Can you eat leaner mince but add a stock cube (no sodium) to enhance the flavour? Leaner meat means better cholesterol levels, as does fish, veggies, oatmeal, etc.

I am low carbing tho Mel and calories and fat are not counted, I always add stock cubes to any food I am cooking. My dr said that my cholesterol levels have no relation to what I eat as its my body making the cholesterol not absorption from food.

Going to go back to porridge made with water and no sugar or sweetners for breakfast too and get back to exercise, tho when that may actually start is another matter :8855:

Mumma K said:
I agree a good plan x

I hope so Kally. X x

I've been back on plan today and have upped my water intake hugely.....I always think I'll drink in a minute and then don't so my fluid intake especially in this weather is sometimes not enough. today I filled 3 x 500ml bottles with water and put them in the fridge and have drunk 3ltrs today.........that's good for me :)

I am going to try a fast day tomorrow and have packed some of today's tea for lunch tomorrow at work, all I,will drink is water and then when I come home will just drink more water, if I can manage to do this one day then the others will slot into place.

I'm off to see my dad on Friday as he will be 80 and my sister and I are taking him out for dinner, not sure where yet but it probably won't be somewhere where good food choices can be made, but I'm aiming to be as on plan as I can be :)

Happy Birthday to Your Daddy!!!!

Lots of water very good!

Dawnejoy said:
I've been back on plan today and have upped my water intake hugely.....I always think I'll drink in a minute and then don't so my fluid intake especially in this weather is sometimes not enough. today I filled 3 x 500ml bottles with water and put them in the fridge and have drunk 3ltrs today.........that's good for me :)

I am going to try a fast day tomorrow and have packed some of today's tea for lunch tomorrow at work, all I,will drink is water and then when I come home will just drink more water, if I can manage to do this one day then the others will slot into place.

I'm off to see my dad on Friday as he will be 80 and my sister and I are taking him out for dinner, not sure where yet but it probably won't be somewhere where good food choices can be made, but I'm aiming to be as on plan as I can be :)

Sounds like a good first day back on it Dawn
I always put a bottle of water in the freezer too
and let it melt slowly throughout my shift ...very refreshing
So are you going to have a go at this up and down days then Dawn ?

And Happy birthday to your daddy is his birthday Friday ...

Yes, he will be 80 on Friday and on Sat my mum and dad would have been married for 56 years, so its always a bit bitter sweet for my dad his birthday every year :( I am struggling at the moment........again.......am at work and we always have a kitchen full of chocolate, crisps, ice-cream and cans, all done on an honesty basis and today for some reason I am struggling with staying out of the box of chocolate .......... so far I have resisted, but every time I go in there its "talking" to me. I have eaten my meal now and have drunk water, so will aim to up my water intake and see if that helps. Will be leaving at 3.30 so only 2.5 hours to struggle. There is no chocolate at home and I'm aiming to cut the grass as soon as I get in so that will keep me busy and out of the cupboards too. I know the benefits of fasting and I really want to do it, but my mind just isn't in the right place at the moment so every day is a struggle to stay on plan. I also know that I will regain that focus.................the trouble is when!!!! :8855:

Not sure if Ive written it on here or my proper diary, but I've had a bit of a breakthrough with my thinking in that I'm going to ease the pressure on myself as this is after all an eating plan for life not just the short duration of losing the weight. So.....as its an eating plan for life, the weight will go and does it matter how slowly it goes? I've had to change the way I've thought about this journey and I've come to realise that if I don't have the odd day off plan for special occasions then it will be just about impossible to remain on plan forever. Thin people have days when they eat more and they enjoy the food and eat what they want when they go out for a meal or if they go away for a day, so why shouldn't we? I've come to the conclusion recently, with the help of Kally that diets should fit into our lives not run them..........

Tomorrow I will go to see my dad, enjoy our meal out and actually I'm going to,eat whatever it is I fancy, but I will get back on track at the next meal. Since I came to this decision being on track has not been a problem and have actually stayed on plan with no problems at all!!!! The mind is a very tricky thing and seems to work against us most of the time..........as soon as you tell it it can't have something then it seems to be the only thing it wants.............typical :):)

Dawnejoy said:
Not sure if Ive written it on here or my proper diary, but I've had a bit of a breakthrough with my thinking in that I'm going to ease the pressure on myself as this is after all an eating plan for life not just the short duration of losing the weight. So.....as its an eating plan for life, the weight will go and does it matter how slowly it goes? I've had to change the way I've thought about this journey and I've come to realise that if I don't have the odd day off plan for special occasions then it will be just about impossible to remain on plan forever. Thin people have days when they eat more and they enjoy the food and eat what they want when they go out for a meal or if they go away for a day, so why shouldn't we? I've come to the conclusion recently, with the help of Kally that diets should fit into our lives not run them..........

Tomorrow I will go to see my dad, enjoy our meal out and actually I'm going to,eat whatever it is I fancy, but I will get back on track at the next meal. Since I came to this decision being on track has not been a problem and have actually stayed on plan with no problems at all!!!! The mind is a very tricky thing and seems to work against us most of the time..........as soon as you tell it it can't have something then it seems to be the only thing it wants.............typical :):)

I love this post Dawn
and woo hoo I feature in it ( takes bow lol )
love your plan for today lovely and it's the only way to do it ....
one meal out during the day doesn't have to ruin the whole day
eat what you want from the menu enjoy ...and then leave it there
as we've already said ...a skinny person eats out with no guilt at
all so why should we be any different ...

I hope you're enjoying this bank holiday/ birthday weekend!

Mumma K said:
I love this post Dawn
and woo hoo I feature in it ( takes bow lol )
love your plan for today lovely and it's the only way to do it ....
one meal out during the day doesn't have to ruin the whole day
eat what you want from the menu enjoy ...and then leave it there
as we've already said ...a skinny person eats out with no guilt at
all so why should we be any different ...

Had a great day out with my dad and sister and ate exactly what I wanted yesterday and ate totally without guilt and found it to be quite liberating......today I'm back on my eating plan..........the pressure has been removed and it's a great feeling :)

MinnieMel said:
I hope you're enjoying this bank holiday/ birthday weekend!

It was a really lovely day Mel thanks x

As I've said already I've changed my thinking about my eating plan and in fact need to change the way I refer to it as its a lifestyle change, not really an eating plan or diet. Low carb eating is just the way I eat now, with the odd day of eating exactly what I chose to do. I know this new approach will probably be very slow and with that in mind I think I will only weigh in once a month, will pick the first Sat in a month as a weekday weigh in is not as easy as I'm usually rushing for work and my scales are hidden in an attempt to keep me off them at least a little :D

Feel much happier now I've made this decision.

I tried to make today a fasting day, and was doing really well til it came time to cook the leek lasagne as I started eating some cheese whilst making the sauce and then tested the mince too.......sort of went downhill from there :) tho still all low carb, just too much to be fasting, so will have another attempt tomorrow!!!!

Good start, though. I'll bet the lasagna was good.

Back