My Maintenance Diary + food pics

:wavey: hi Andrea. Sounds like u had a brill time away glad it was such a good time. Happy belated birthday too missus hope it was a good one :)

Hope your enjoying the start of the footy season, bad show with the postponement Saturday, rain must have been terrible :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Jo
Nice to have you back :)

I was away at the caravan last week and put on 1.5 which I was more that pleased with as thought it would be about 3.
Have just been to group this morning and lost 1.5, so it's as you were which I'm very pleased about.

Myself and another member jointly won Woman of the Year and I'm now going froward to the district finals. I'm really chuffed that the people at my group think enough of me to even have nominated me, never mind voting for me to win.

I did have a very nice birthday thanks.

The start of the footie season has, all-in-all, been a bit of a damp squib if I'm honest, although I am very excited about our two most recent signings. Went to the League Cup match the other night which was a comfortable 2-0, but a decent turn out cos the new lads were playing.

Had better go and check-in with the Tinselers now I think.

Andrea81 said:
Hi Jo
Nice to have you back :)

I was away at the caravan last week and put on 1.5 which I was more that pleased with as thought it would be about 3.
Have just been to group this morning and lost 1.5, so it's as you were which I'm very pleased about.

Myself and another member jointly won Woman of the Year and I'm now going froward to the district finals. I'm really chuffed that the people at my group think enough of me to even have nominated me, never mind voting for me to win.

I did have a very nice birthday thanks.

The start of the footie season has, all-in-all, been a bit of a damp squib if I'm honest, although I am very excited about our two most recent signings. Went to the League Cup match the other night which was a comfortable 2-0, but a decent turn out cos the new lads were playing.

Had better go and check-in with the Tinselers now I think.

Thanks lovely its Good to be back :) that's amaing about the WOTY can't wait to hear about district finals.

Your two new signings have definitely been good, I think u needed them have been keeping a look out for u over the summer. We've had a terrible start to the season and desperately need to up our game not because I panics about losses at this point in the season it's our performances there just terrible! Can only get better tho!!! X

I'd noticed your start hadn't been the best. :( I do find I'm looking out for your results now thinking "Will Jo get a good result?". :fingerscrossed:

I'm back on the (extra-easy) plan WITH A VENGEANCE as of today. I'm going to commit to completing my diary more now that the holidays are finished and am sticking to it to get the last 12lbs off.

I can't describe how much winning WOTY has motivated me. I've spent the morning today filling in the questionnaire for the districts and have been on a right emotional rollercoaster. I was fine yesterday, a bit overwhelmed toady if I'm honest. The response I've had from people on FB has been immense and totally humbling. I've also been reading the new magazine and that's had me blubbing n'all.

So I started the day with a cup of green tea and a measured bowl of Fruit 'n' Fibre (HExB) with 2 tablespoons of grape-nuts (2 syns) and alpro light soya milk (HExA).

For lunch I had fresh mackerel with stir-fried onion, pepper, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes using that barbecue frylight and with some Jamaican Jerk seasoning added. Finished off with a pear and cup of green tea.

mackerel & stir fry veg with jamaican jerk seasoning.jpg

Just had an Alpen light (3 syns) and another cup of green tea. I've got special Green Tea that I bought from the Chinese herbalist's in Eldon Square (Newcastle). It's VERY expensive but VERY good. It has helped so much with my blockage issues that I found I was having again, I really am feeling the benefits of it. It's also not too disgusting to drink. I tend to stick to one bag per day - which makes three large cups. If I need a further tea fix I'll just have some other herbal tea of supermarket green tea etc.

I'm still not really drinking milk but have been eating meat and poultry again. I don't have it that often and still really believe in the benefits of having plenty of fish.

Don't know what to have for dinner tonight. Not sure what's in the freezer although it is about time I made another bean lasagne and I think I've got everything in for that. It may just have to be done. I might go fishing on the recipe boards for some inspiration.

x

P.S. Some other food pics I've taken in recent weeks:

panfried salmon, spinach and hasselback potato.jpg prawn stir-fry with fajita seasoning, yoghurt with hot sauce & coriander.jpg Sea bass dinner-out.jpg

I've been on such an emotional rollercoaster today and have just crash-landed right on my arse!!!

I've just cycled round to where my consultant is currently in a meeting to give her the forms for the regionals of WOTY only to be informed that the finals are taking place on the same day as the long-awaited bike ride that I have been planning and training for for months.

I'm so gutted.

:cry:

Ah thanks Donna. I'm ok now I think, it can't be helped. I doubt I'd have gone further than that anyway as I only just crept in to the 3 stone loss. I just wanted to go for a SW freebie-jolly. Hey-ho!
Ah, Basildon was as lovely as I remember it. I met three of my friends and we sat outide Costa (they all smoke) in the rain, just glorious! I don't have any definite plans to go back down just at the moment, although I will be in Chelmsford for New Year's eve. I'm always popping down that way, probably more-so now as I've kissed and made up with family down there - it's been a bit strained for the last 18 months, so I'm sure our paths will cross one of these times.

I ended up making the bean lasagne again for dinner. It's always a winner and a good one to portion up and keep to take for lunches next week. I have also come across a nice recipe on the SW website for watercress soup. I saw someone make it on come dine with me the other night. It looked lovely and they all raved about it so think I'll go shopping tomorrow and make that so I have another alternative for next week's lunches. I've also been perusing the many recipes in the new magazine so am going to pick out a few that I fancy and get me ingreedients shopped for tomorrow. I am on a mission! lol

Piss poor planning = piss poor performance :giggle:

Night x

Edit: Forgot to add I've also had a Curly Wurly today (6 syns). Total for the day: 11 - could do better.

Last edited:
Ah thanks Donna. I'm ok now I think, it can't be helped. I doubt I'd have gone further than that anyway as I only just crept in to the 3 stone loss. I just wanted to go for a SW freebie-jolly. Hey-ho!
Ah, Basildon was as lovely as I remember it. I met three of my friends and we sat outide Costa (they all smoke) in the rain, just glorious! I don't have any definite plans to go back down just at the moment, although I will be in Chelmsford for New Year's eve. I'm always popping down that way, probably more-so now as I've kissed and made up with family down there - it's been a bit strained for the last 18 months, so I'm sure our paths will cross one of these times.

I ended up making the bean lasagne again for dinner. It's always a winner and a good one to portion up and keep to take for lunches next week. I have also come across a nice recipe on the SW website for watercress soup. I saw someone make it on come dine with me the other night. It looked lovely and they all raved about it so think I'll go shopping tomorrow and make that so I have another alternative for next week's lunches. I've also been perusing the many recipes in the new magazine so am going to pick out a few that I fancy and get me ingreedients shopped for tomorrow. I am on a mission! lol

Piss poor planning = piss poor performance :giggle:

Night x

Oh Andrea - def meet up next time you are in area - you can come for lunch if you fancy it - monday, friday and most saturdays are good for me, will make you a lovely greek salad

I love your ppp = ppp, I am so copying that - I am really trying to organise myself but i get really stuck on lunches - any ideas???

think I am going to make the baked bean lasagne this week as you say the leftovers are fab for lunches

Families - we have problems with Paul's half brothers/sisters - they are a rotten bunch, makes me so sad cos they treat paul like a nobody

what you planning for weekend???

Morning Don!

I can't take credit for the ppp = ppp it's one of Corky's little gems of wisdom.

Lunches can be a bugger and get a same-y can't they? I usually take things that I've made a batch of like chilli, lasagne, butternut squash loaf, soup. I'm lucky that there's a kitchen at work that I can use so sometimes take a jacket potato. Have that with the chilli or beans and some low fat cheese or something. If it's not soup I'll tend to have one of those things and take a packet of salad for the 1/3rd super-free. If I'm being really prepared I do prepare other salad veg like pepper, cucumber, raw cabbage, carrot, onion etc and take that too. I usually prepare enough for a few days and just get a handful of it out of the bag to add to the salad leaves. I can sit there and have a massive portion on a lunch time but I find it helps with the 4pm munchies that try and get me to stop off at the petrol station on the way home from work. :nono:
I always take a fruit salad too. Most of the time I prepare that the night before and take it in a tupperware but even if I'm in a hurry I just grab a few bits then cut it up at work. Only takes a couple of minutes.

Aye families can be a pain can't they? The lot from down there we have always been really really close to so it's been hard recently not having them involved in our lives as much. I'm really pleased we're back to normal now and my cousin and I have just booked to go away on holiday between Christmas and New Year. I can't wait. Not been abroad for two years. My dad's side of the family... now they're an odd bunch. Not so close to them even though they're local. Funny how people who live further away can make the effort more than those on your doorstep isn't it?

Not much planned for the weekend. It's my last weekend of freedom before I'm back to working Saturday mornings next week. I've got to do my shopping and cooking then I must finish my assignment for the course I'm doing. I'm already nearly two weeks late in handing it in.Think I'll have to submit it today or tomorrow. No doubt I'll be listening to the match later too. Ha'way the lads!!!
I'm going to do a long bike ride tomorrow as the bike ride is only one week away. That will probably be the last big one before the actual thing. Hoping to do about 35-40 miles or so... we'll see. The problem with that is I'm finding it a bit difficult to even walk at the moment! I went to this exercise class called "Skinnypigs" on Thursday night. You do 30 second strength and cardio circuits using resistance bands, weights, medicine balls, body weight exercises etc. It's like 30 day shred on acid! My muscles are very sore still. They got progressively worse throughout the day yesterday so am going to take it easy today and keep :fingerscrossed: that I'll be ok tomorrow. If not, I guess I'll be relying on my old friend ibuprofen to get me through.

Boooooo to regional final date that is so unfair I agree with Donna your my regional winner too :) bike ride will be amazing tho :)

Def not the best of starts and Sunderland are my prem team now courtesy of u :) talking of which just about to walk up to the ground fingers crossed for a big 3 points for us today :) x

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for you Jo. IN that case, Birmingham are definitely my championship team then. I think I may be supporting the Villa tomorrow though although it is a close call, I do loathe them both. Just sitting here listening to our match.
I should really be doing my assignment but my mouse went to Google Chrome all by itself then to favourites - Minimins, I don't know what it's playing at. It's making me type and everything.

So I've been and done my shopping - that cost me 60 bloody quid and I only got stuff off the list and didn't get sidetracked.

I've come back and made my watercress soup.

Ingredients:
2 garlic cloves
1 leek
1 medium potato
Low calorie cooking spray
1.25 litres vegetable stock
250g watercress
salt and freshly ground black pepper
a pinch of nutmeg
(75g Philadelphia Light - HExA)

Method:
1. Peel and crush the garlic. Finely chop the leek. Peel and roughly dice the potato.
2. Spray a heavy-based pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic and leek. Saute for 6-8 minutes until softened.
3. Add the potato and stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes. Reserving a few sprigs for garnish, add the watercress and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Season well and add the nutmeg. Carefully blend in a food processor until smooth, gradually adding the fromage frais. Ladle into bowls and top with goat's cheese. Garnish with watercress.
Tip: Add 6 Syns if not using goat''s cheese as a Healthy Extra.

I modified it slightly. I didn't buy enough watercress for the recipe so did 2/3rds watercress and 1/3rd spinach. I haven't used fromage frais or goats cheese in mine but did add 75g of Philadelphia Light when I blended it to make it creamy and thicken it up a bit. I noticed the woman on CDWM added cream to hers but I usually find philly is an alternative for every situation that needs to made a bit creamy.

watercress and spinach soup.jpg

GET IN! We've scored. Stephen Fletcher 1-0. You little beauty!!

Just had my usual Fruit 'n' Fibre w/ alpro light for breakfast (1/2 HExA and HExB). Have just had an apple and cup of green tea. No syns today as-yet.
:sigh: They've equalised.

I'm trying to get back on the water wagon. Really haven't been drinking enough lately. A lass that gets on the fb group of my slimming world refers to water as "magic wine". It does seem to have a better ring to it.

GET IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!! 2-1. Blow the whistle ref!!!

Right, better go and do some work I think.

Edit: Oooooh, get in my championship team. 1-0 @ HT. Keep it like that lads!!!

Mmmmmmmm, crusty bread with soup would be really nice. Do you feel better because it bloats you? It does me but I do love it. Bread is a BIG weakness of mine, I can't say no and once I start. So I have to abstain otherwise I'd eat my body weight in the stuff.

Have been on cooking all evening. I made this (from new SW mag):
chicken kofta.jpg

My version:

Chicken Kofta curry with jasmine rice.JPG

I added fresh chilli and used hot curry powder aside from that, followed the recipe to a T. I like it HOT!

Have this chilling in the fridge for afters, also from the new magazine (3 syns):

fig, honey and yoghurt pots.JPG

Figs tossed in 1/2 tbsp of runny honey and a squeeze of lemon juice
Puréed raspberries with 1 tbsp sweetener
Low fat custard (about 2 tablespoons / 50g)
Total 0% yoghurt with 1/2 tbsp sweetener

I've also had an alpen light today so 6 syns in total - not bad.

hope that pesky gremlin didn't get to in the way and u got your assignment done! X

:8855: yeah right

I'm so bad. Just not motivated to do it. I may have to place a ban on internet for tomorrow :rolleyes:

I'll try not to cheer too much. I'll happily take a 0-0. I may cheer a little if they score tho (unless B£nt scores, in which case I shall deafening in my silence)

Andrea81 said:
:8855: yeah right

I'm so bad. Just not motivated to do it. I may have to place a ban on internet for tomorrow :rolleyes:

I'll try not to cheer too much. I'll happily take a 0-0. I may cheer a little if they score tho (unless B£nt scores, in which case I shall deafening in my silence)

Terrible isn't it them bloody gremlins take over the whole of computers lol!

Don't cheer too much they might hear u, they don't have many of their own fans! :) x

I know! That's a 1st! Did I hear right when Mr Shearer said he enjoyed Fletcher's finish? The world's going mad!
I promise not to cheer for Vile if you promise not to cheer for the skunks. Do we have a deal?

Andrea81 said:
I know! That's a 1st! Did I hear right when Mr Shearer said he enjoyed Fletcher's finish? The world's going mad!
I promise not to cheer for Vile if you promise not to cheer for the skunks. Do we have a deal?

I think be did say that yes! Fletcher is gunna be a good signing I reckon tho always liked him at yeh wolves. Yep no cheering for either sounds like a deal to me :) have a good Sunday hun c

Back