My Maintenance Diary + food pics

Of courseI know what the offside rule is :D Shall I explain it to you? You won't glaze over will you? Right, here we go then.........
You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have.
The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eyeing them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses.
It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes.
The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.
Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma.
She prepares to throw her purse to you.
If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk round the other shopper and buy the shoes!
At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes!
BUT, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!

See, simples :D lol

:8855::8855::8855::8855::happy096: I'm on the blower to Richard Keys and Andy Gray as I type those morons don't know what they are talking about :8855::8855::8855: it's allllll about the purses and shoes baaaybbeee! :D

Love it! But you are actually nuts!!
Going to update tomorrow as have had a very long day and am going to turn in.
:4635:
Night night

P.S. I may need to pick people's brains about blockages tomorrow as I'm struggling atm. Not something that's just happened has been like this since I started SW. It doesn't make any sense as my diet is so much better now. Anyway, would be interested if anyone else has had similar problems and if/how they sorted it.

If you normally go more regularly than what you are doing, I would suggest something with high fibre. Try kidney beans, lentils, porridge oats, bananas, raspberries and apples all are high in fibre - those kind of things. If you like it try having a hot water with a couple of slices of lemon in it first thing in the morning before you eat anything else. Have you tried gently massaging your tummy lying down? Sometimes that helps. I'm the opposite with being vegan, nearly after every meal lol. You know your 'normal routine' so if it's changed and you are uncomfortable try upping the fibre see how you get on. I hope you aren't feeling lousy with it. :( (when I say hot water I mean boiled but cooling down)

Oh heck, I'm going to be no help at all :( It not something I've ever experienced, either pre SW or during. I would agree with what V4L has suggested, but I haven't got a clue really. Sorry. Hope you find something that sorts you out :)

Hi andrea,

Welcome :)

Just read through your diary and I've got to say all your food looks so delicious, its made my mouth water :)

Well done on your losses so far and ill keep an eye on your diary everytime I'm online x

Hi Chelle, and welcome, and thanks. I've been a bit anonymous the last couple of days (too busy cooking ;)). My boss is out of the office tomorrow morning so am going to use my time productively and get up to date with the goings on so will definitely be stopping to subscribe to your diary. x

All of my friends aren't interested I scare them a little with my football passion as for the people at work they find me highly amusing on a Monday morning! :) x

No such problem for me there, I share my office with two other Sunderland fans (men) so we usually spend the first 30-45 mins of a Monday morning dissecting the weekends' performance.

If you normally go more regularly than what you are doing, I would suggest something with high fibre. Try kidney beans, lentils, porridge oats, bananas, raspberries and apples all are high in fibre - those kind of things. If you like it try having a hot water with a couple of slices of lemon in it first thing in the morning before you eat anything else. Have you tried gently massaging your tummy lying down? Sometimes that helps. I'm the opposite with being vegan, nearly after every meal lol. You know your 'normal routine' so if it's changed and you are uncomfortable try upping the fibre see how you get on. I hope you aren't feeling lousy with it. :( (when I say hot water I mean boiled but cooling down)

I am pleased to report that there has been unblockage today :bliss:I was doing the hot water /lemon when I first started SW but didn't think it was having an affect. Will be giving it another try tomorrow. I've laid off the red meat as I heard that's the hardest thing to digest but that hasn't made a noticeable difference. I'll be back to having my linseeds on my cereal tomorrow too (even though it's 3.5 syns for a level tbsp :mad:). I've also been taking fybogel sachets for the last few days so think that may be what has helped but don't want to have to rely on them. Think I'll keep taking them until after WI on Thursday then see how I go without. Have bought some high fibre cereal to have as well and am going to try and up the fruit intake too. If, after all of that I'm still having "issues" I think I'll give it a week then go and see the doc cos it's just not right!! It was only making me feel lousy thinking that it would affect my weight loss but, come to think of it, I have felt a little down these last couple of days (probably just coincidence tho).

In other news....

Last night's dinner:
Quorn peppered steak (1/2 a syn)
w/ spinach, and "cottage cheese slaw" (Basically, I wanted to make some homemade coleslaw-type thingy but realised I didn't have any nat yog, so added grated carrot, courgette, bns, onion and cucumber to some cottage cheese. It wasn't too bad at all but needed plenty of seasoning).
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
roasted cherry toms
lge white pitta (I thought I'd picked up w/meal ones :doh:) (11.5 syns!!!!!!!!!!!!! - won't be doing that again)
SW chips

Quorn peppered steak kebab.jpg
Don't think that really amounted to 1/3rd superfree but other meals this week have 50%+ so not too worried

Today:

Breakfast - 1 Aplen light & 1 Hi-Fi light bar (HExB) and a banana

3 mugs of squash throughout morning

Lunch:
Salad (spinach, carrot, pepper, cucumber, left-over cottage cheese slaw, boiled egg) with smoked salmon
Fruit salad (pear, satsuma, pineapple)
Can of coke zero
smoked slamon & salad.jpg

2 mugs of green tea w/lemon during afternoon
1 cup of "normal" tea w/semi-skimmed milk (HExA)

Dinner:
(Bit of a disaster)
Cobbler pan fried with frylite & mushrooms.
(Cobbler, is a really cheap white fish you can get from most fish counters, IMO it's far more tastier than cod /haddock and about half the price)
BNS chips (So I put them in the oven to cook while I did my 30 Day Shred, then turned off the oven but left them in to keep warm while I went out on the bike for 40 mins, came back to some shrivelled up bns chips that didn't look particularly appetising. Note to self: Make chips thicker and don't leave them in the cooling oven then they may just turn out ok)
Leftover Aubergine bake

cobbler.jpg

Pint of soda water and a coffee w/s-skimmed milk (HExA) at the pub quiz - we came 2nd even though we were two members down tonight (and they're the clever ones! :D)

Am feeling so much better this eve. I think a load of it has to do with the exercise. Felt really buzzing when I came back from bike ride as I can feel myself getting fitter. I don't know whether I've felt guilty at having a few high syn days (but within allowance) or what, but know that it's completely acceptable. I think I'm prone to over-analysing things and looking for a reason for everything. The way I see it is, if, after using my syns on a treat I feel a bit 5hite then what is the point of having it in the first place? My biggest over-indulgance has always been chocolate and I think I associate it with the sad, unhappy person I was, eating "on the sly" and generally making myself feel like utter toilet after having eaten it, thus beginning the cycle again. I know that by allowing these things in moderation I'm being in control but maybe it's just that I don't trust myself yet. After eating those curly wurlies the other night all I wanted was more, more, more and I'm scared of that want. (Sorry if that's my being a bit miserable, I'm really not) just wanted to get my insecurities out there in the open. Now, maybe I can start to put them behind me?

Glad you have um moved the mountain?! ;) Change in diet can do that to you, hopefully as you settle in you body will ''sort itself out'' :eek: don't blame you for not wanting to rely on laxative crap. Exercise will help too so maybe that will give things a nudge (just read your last post as I was typing this!). I way over analyse things too! You managed the urge to eat the chocolate, you didn't do it, so I think you deserve a huge :clap: (meant in a non patronising way) it's all about controlling the urges and the ''needs''/desires and you did! Don't beat yourself up about it or over analyse it, you did really good girl! (again in a non patronising way) - and YOU think you over analyse stuff!! ;) Did you get that I was NOT being patronising?!! Huh did ya?! lol
Well done.

Hope u feel better for getting things out hun sometimes seeing it written it down helps doesn't it and there's no hiding from it now either? I think we all had times where we could or even do go back to old habits. But ultimately that didn't happen u maintained control and you should be well pleased about that.

Hope u have a great day x

OMGA. This > :bliss:two days in a row! 1st time that's happened since I started SW! Must be all the good advice and vibes from V4L. Thanks chuck xx

Another canny day today really.
Boss was away this morn so spent a lot of time getting a bit further through people's diary's. That was very inspirational.
Made sure I got up in enough time to have a "proper" brekkie as have been getting later and later of a morning and having to take alpens and fruit for my journey to work.

I had some hot water with lemon, then a bowl of fruit 'n' fibre (HExA & B) with a tbsp of linseeds (3.5 syns)

Banana for elevenses

Lunch was salad with ham and cottage cheese, apple and pear and a can of coke zero.
Ham Cottage Cheese Salad.jpg

:rant2:WARNING!!: The state of the kitchen at work tho... NOT impressed. Some people were using it for a training day yesterday, well the sight of it this morning. Paper all over the table and benches, not an inch of worktop to be seen. It was like that yesterday when I went to make my lunch so had to make everything up on the draining board but I thought that it'd been left as they were going back in there in the afternoon. And they'd left a laptop, projector and memory stick in there (probably contravening safeguarding policy). Absolute Bomb Site! Some people think it is beneath them to tidy up after themselves and I know they'd just "left it for the cleaner to do". Makes me sick. *End*

After teaching, after work came back and went straight out for a bike ride for 40 mins. First time I've done 2 days cycling in a row and I could definitely feel it in my legs. Was going to do the 30DS too but was so hungry that I just had to have dinner, after which I was too full to bother. Will try and get it done tomorrow before I walk to WI. We are doing a sponsored Fartlek at group tomorrow. I intend on taking my camera along to get some piccies.

Dinner was stir fry veg (carrot, sweet potato, green beans, mange tout, courgette, onion, pepper, mushroom, sweetcorn), with a chicken breast and 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
chicken stir fry.jpg

Don't know how I'm feeling about WI tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it as per but although I've had a 100% week and lots of Body Magic I don't feel like I've lost. I don't really feel lighter and don't think I look lighter either (I have noticed a difference in previous weeks). I don't get on the scales at home so have no indication but I quite like the surprise. If it's STS so be it but I'm really hoping for 1.5+. Even if it's 0.5 I'll be happy because that means I'll get my Club10 Award. :fingerscrossed:

HEX A :checkmark:
HEX B :checkmark:
3 x Green Tea :checkmark:
Total Syns: 5.5

Last edited:
Sucks that about work space and mucky messes doesn't it :( Good for you for getting out there in the crappy weather to exercise *and* lots of fruit and veggies ;) hurrah!

Lost 1lb. Trying to be happy but if I'm being honest I'm not very.
I knew it though, could just tell it was going to be a small loss if any. I'm officially blaming my bowel.

Have bought and ate scan bran for the first time. It's not very nice is it? Well, I don't care, if it works...!!

Doing a green day today as I've got some pasta that I'd frozen so nice and easy. Going to have that for dinner with a quorn peppered steak.

Oh, and I got my Club 10. *Underwhelmed*

Edit: Today's food diary

B- Banana, mug of green tea

2 x Aplen lights (HExB) after WI

L - Bowl of Fruit 'n' fibre (HExA & B) w/ 1 tbsp of linseeds (3.5 syns) and 2 tbsp of grape-nuts (2 syns), 2 scan bran (2 syns) w/ philadelphia light (1/2 HExA) and 1 slice lean ham (1.5 syns) mug of green tea

D - Farfalle with beans & green spring vegetables (made a few weeks ago, been frozen since but was absolutely fine, just as tasty and fresh as last time I had it)
Recipe
Syns
EE - Free; G -
Free
sprinkled on some parmesan (1/2 HExA)
and a quorn peppered steak (1/2 a syn)
farfallle beans veg.jpg
Can of coke zero.

1 alpen light (3 syns)
Mug of green tea

HEX A
checkmark.gif

HEX B
checkmark.gif

3 x Green Tea
checkmark.gif

Total Syns: 12.5 :eek:(not happy that I'm using most of my syns on my bowel)

Last edited:
Today's dinner:
"Veggie" Chilli and rice (probs not enough superfree on there but had veg soup for lunch followed by fruit so hopefully balances out). Recipe
Breakfast was same as yesterday minus the banana.
Veggie (Quorn) Chilli.jpg

Has a really 5hitty day at work today, like usual it's not to do with what I do but who I have to work with! Enough said on the matter I think. Thank god it's a long weekend.

Took my angst out playing squash. I haven't played for a few years but it was such good fun. For extra brownie points I rode to the Leisure Centre and back (20 mins each way) and it really improved my mood. I shall not be thinking about work until 9am Tuesday.

Last edited:
Don't feel down hon :( I know it's hard but try to remember that it didn't go on overnight so it won't come off overnight. I TRY to tell myself that but I get down too. We think we have done so well and stuck to whatever plan we are doing and then the scales aren't our friends. However it will catch up and there are SO many variables that affect the losses shown. Have you done your measurements yet? If not please take ten mins this weekend to do it and the next time you feel crap take them again. ((HUGS))

Ah, thanks V4L. I'm over it now. Onwards and downwards.... :)

Green day
B -Hot water w/lemon, bowl of fruit 'n' fibre (HExA & B) with a tbsp of linseeds (3.5 syns) and 2 tbsp grape-nuts (2 syns)

2 x green tea
can of diet coke

Decided to get my teeth into a new recipe when I got in from work.
Baked Vegetable Frittata (I added bacon too)
Syns
EE - Free; G - Free (without the bacon)

Recipe
I found that there weren't enough eggs to cover the filling inside the tin (and I did measure everything out) but found I needed two extra eggs.
The portion I had was about 1/6th of the frittata and as I'd added 3 bacon rashers at 2 syns each have counted my bacon in the portion as 1 syn.
bacon and vegetable frittata 1.jpgbacon and vegetable frittata 2.jpgbacon and vegetable frittata 3.jpg

It took quite a while to prepare and cook so turned into a rather late lunch.

D - Another bowl of fruit 'n' fibre (HExA & B), 2 plums, apple

Haven't done any exercise today, think I needed a rest after the exertions of yesterday but am planning a longer bike ride for tomorrow asthe weather forecast looks promising.
:fingerscrossed:

Green Tea 2/3
Total Syns: 6.5

OMG Andrea - i am so glad i have stalked you from Team Tinsel to your diary - your food is delish! Can I come and stay for a holiday???

Great weight loss - don't feel too disheartened by your loss - I bet you get a big one next week

Hope you don't mind but I am subscribing?

Did the green tea challenge work? can't bear the stuff but if there is evidence to prove it will stimulate my weight loss I can grin and bear it lol!

Hi Donna :welcome:

Of course I don't mind your subscribing - the more the merrier :) Strangely enough I've just been perusing your diary (mainly looking at the piccies for now which look delish and there's definitely some new ideas there for me to try, so thanks) and will be subscribing.

I noticed you said you work in Basildon... I worked there for five years at Woodlands School, don't know if you know it?

I'm fine with the weightloss. I did have a feeling it wasn't going to be a big one just by how I felt and looked but what peed me off was that I'd been 100% and done lots of exercise but I guess it's just an anomaly that may happen from time to time.

With regards to the Green Tea, the first week I lost 3 lbs and the second 1lb so the jury's out for me atm. I'm still drinking it and I think if you can get over the first mouthful which can be a bit yuk it's actually ok. I really like the Clipper Green tea with lemon as it's really refreshing and the lemon flavour is powerful enough to cover the green tea. Don't put immediately boiled water on to the bag. Leave it to cool for about 10 mins in the kettle then use as this seems to prevent that really bitter eurgh taste, and don't leave the bag in too long as that can do the same. There are quite a lot of other flavours that I need to try and my stocks are getting low now so will try something new next time and let you know if that's any good.

Right, am going to stop :blahblah: and get out on that bike. (I knew that putting the PC on would knock me back an hour but I did need to let my mahoosive brunch go down)
Green Day
Egg (fried with frylite)
1/2 can of beans
slice of lean ham (1.5 syns)
Veggies (onion, chilli, pepper, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms)
2 x Hovis Nimble W/meal (HExB)
Green Tea

Sunday Brunch.jpg

TTFN xx

Edit: 1hr 50mins bike ride done. Went along National Cycle route 7 from Washington to Beamish and back. Was a really nice day to be out in the sunshine and fresh air, will definitely be doing that route again. Quite strenuous going there as it's a gradual climb (which I didn't realise) but made for a much easier return which only took 40 mins :) What's even better is, according to my calorie calculator watch I burned 1125 calories!:happy036:

Snacks: Banana, Alpen light cereal bar (3 syns)

Just had veggie (quorn) chilli and rice for dinner, leftovers from Friday.

Last edited:
Hi hunni, have been AWOL been busy and my minimins app wasn't working! :( felt like I had lost my superpowers!!

Well done you for accepting your 1lb and getting on other it I've had weeks where I haven't lost what I thought I deserved and it is really dissapointing but as has been said there can be lots of reasons why it doesn't come off when u expect it but in my experience it comes off sooner or later.

Your food as always is looking amazing maybe u could start up and home delivery food service not forgetting me of course.

Hope your having a fabulous bank holiday weekend x

Andrea81 said:
Hey Jo, missed you hun! Did you go on Friday night? Still all to play for IMO xx http://planetsmilies.net

Awww thanks its nice to be misses :) Love that pic :) couldn't get a ticket was so so gutted especially when I saw the empty seats on the tv! :( I think at a full st Andrews it's still possible but we have to play better than we did Friday, midfield were all over the shop and that dobbie had a field day. I've heard in the media Blackpool arent looking forward to coming with a 1-0 lead. I will have everything crossed for 90 plus minutes for definite!! X

EE day

Food Update:

Hot water & lemon
Brunch again (had a nice long lie-in)
Bank Holiday Monday Brunch.jpg
Snack - Banana, Can of Diet coke

Bike ride - same route as yesterday but went a bit further so that it took 2 hours in total = 1249 calories :) and I just missed the rain which was a bonus.

Late lunch
Veg & bacon frittata
2 plums
green tea

Dinner
veggie chilli & spicy wedges.jpg
Squash and green tea

Probably not had enough superfree today but hey-ho.
Also haven't had any HExA - does anyone know if that really matters?
No syns tho. Haven't felt the need today so thought it would be stupid to go and eat something just for the sake of it. Maybe that will balance out the lack of SF... Right, off to bed with my book. Just started new one yesterday "You Deserve Nothing" by Alexander Maksik. Can't put it down!

HEX A X
Green Tea :checkmark:
Total Syns: 0

Red day

B - Hot water & lemon, Fruit 'n' Fibre (HExB & A) linseeds (3.5 syns) grape-nuts (2 syns)

2 x Green Tea

L - Superspeed soup w/ turkey, fruit salad (strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, plum)

D - Chicken breast & salad (spinach, pepper, cucumber, red/white cabbage)
Chicken & salad.JPG
2 pints squash, Mug of Green Tea with Strawberry (very palatable indeed, nice and sweet so no bitterness, definitely best flavour of GT I've tried)
Exercise - 30 DS (Day 6)

Snacks - 2 X Alpen lights (HExB)

Sorry for the rushed post but am off to the pub now (probably to drink more soda water :mad:) I may take a tea bag with me and just ask for hot water. :)

Green Tea :checkmark:
Total Syns: 5.5

Back from the pub and just wanted to add my NSV. Every week they come 'round with a bowlful of spicy potato skins (our table usually gets 2 bowls - between five if us). They smell absolutely delicious and I'm such a sucker for spicy food. It hasn't bothered me too much the last few weeks but tonight, OMGA I was absolutely dying for one (or seventeen). Had a nasty little something whispering in my ear "Go on, just one. Just a taste. Can't do that much harm. Got plenty syns left so why not? etc" Anyway, goodness knows how but I managed to abstain. Didn't even have a scranchin. Am pleased with myself for that.

That's all.

Night.

Last edited:
Back