My mission to be a Princess

PrincessK4ty

Hi all,

I'm Katy and I'm 21 years old and by the time I'm 22 (18 May) I'm determined to feel like a princess and for the first time in my life I WILL be happy with my body.

I did a VLCD (CD) last year for 10 weeks and managed to lose 4 stone. I was gaining confidence and realy did feel pretty good (but still not happy or where I wanted to be).

Unfortunately, due to holidays and Xmas I've gained about a stone and a half of the 4 stone I've lost. But I'm not going to dwell on that now.

From what I've read everyone seems so supportive.. so I could do with the encouragement and also find writing a blog would be a welcome distraction.

I have one weeks worth of CD products and after that I am going to order S&S (so much cheaper and finally have some savory options!!! I miss my dinners soooooo much!!!) I hope no one minds me posting on S&S!

Today was my first day and I've struggled slightly. I am so motivated to stick to it and it takes a hell of a lot to dent my will power.. but today it was tested.

The last time I was doing a VLCD I was smoking... but I now haven't had a cigarette for about 10 days. I also really want to give up smoking too. I understand doing too many things at once can be a downfall but if I have the odd cigarette here and there I don't mind too much. I just find it harder because I have nothing to look forward to at lunch time (I always went out for a cigarette when I was doing CD); so I've now decided that Minimins is my new look forward lunch time.

So my day today...

My first shake was fine.. I actually realized that I missed these and the control and empowerment it makes me feel. So I get to work and in between my colleague and my desk there is a huge box of chocolates and she's sat eating a chocolate croissant. OK I can cope I wasn't too hungry.

At 12 o'clock sharp.. the smell of chips an vinegar sweeps through the office... I was pretty hungry at this point... but just read a few posts and glugged my water and second shake.

1pm and an email is sent around... "break those new years resolutions, there's cakes in the kitchen". The problem with working in a big office... there's cakes for Birthdays/holidays at least twice a week.

4pm and we have our annual quiz... wine, crisps and lots of yummy nibbly bits... Still resisting but my stomach did make some scary noises.

Finally as I am writing this, my mum and step-dad are sitting eating a curry. A curry which I have wanted for the past two weeks... however due to one thing or another we haven't had. It smells AMAZING as does the naan bread...(although I know it has coriander in it and I HATE coriander, so makes it a little bit easier!) My Cardboard smelling/tasting porridge was well and truely forced down.

I am pretty proud of myself today as I know it's been a VERY hard first day... just want to get into ketosis now... day 4 and I will find it a breeze! I even struggle to have my 3 packs when I'm in ketosis.

None of the things that have tempted me are as nice as being slim will feel.

Anyway... hope I haven't blabbered on and bored anyone too much.

Would love to hear about anyone else's day!

Katy x x x

p.s. I'm going to order my S&S products tomorrow so there here in time next thurs when my CD ones run out. Any tips for ones that are nice? I'm so so excited for spag bol!!!

Good Luck Katy! I know what you mean about big offices. There are always chocolates or cakes somewhere in mine but since I've been in ketosis I have resisted quite easily.

I like the banana and strawberry shakes, choc truffa and lemon bars, the porridge, plus spag bol and chilli. Everyone is different though. Best to order a selection - order several of the ones you think you'll like and 1 of the ones you're not sure about. The only one I really don't like is cottage pie but some people like it.

Thanks BordersGirl :)

Yeah I know as soon as I get into Ketosis it will be fine :) Just glad I have my first time motivation back and I will get to where I want to be!

Yeah I was thinking about ordering a whole selection as at least if I don't like a couple I've only got one or two of them :)

How much weight have you lost so far and how much further would you like to go?

x

I've lost 53lbs so far and have 31 to go.

Well done on your first day and best of luck!

Hi princess!

Good luck, my office is just the same, except it's quite small! But there are a few members of staff who just bring in home baking, biscuits etc all the time. To be honest I've never found it hard at work, as I don't tend to snack in the day, I am fine as long as I have breakfast and lunch, but I fail in the evenings, my OH is in the navy and I'm alone alot so that's when I like to have snacks... Hopefully I can beat that habit!

I'm sure with help from eachother we can all get to our goals!!!

Hi TaraTeal :)

Yeah the support on here can really make a difference... and a welcome distraction. When did you start S&S?

In relation to the office... It does make me realise that I just eat it because it is there! I do get a kick out of resisting :) But being busy also tends to help. I've told the OH we will not be going out for dinner and after work drinks for a few months... but I think I will eat something on Valentines day. But we will see how I get on. Previously, I didnt want to break it so would try and work around it, but hopefully I'll be a stone down by then and can give myself a little treat.

xxx

I am yet to start my s&s adventure, I currently am on slimming world, did a stint on it last year and lost just over a stone, then gained 6lbs over xmas, haven't really been strict since then so decided to come back to using this forum, and have now decided that VLCD is the answer for me.

I am the same with my OH we tend to go out to eat a fair bit when hes home at weekends so that's stopping, no movie nights with treats! It's my birthday in march and we have planned to go to a restaurant in lincoln with a big group so I may come off plan for that but get straight back on after!

I too hope for big losses before then, I would love to be 2 stone down by my birthday, 13th march!

If we stick to it we can do it!!!

So when are you planning on starting your adventure? I like slimming world as an eating plan... but when I have choice I just find it alot harder to stick to. Especially when me and the OH are going out for dinner/he's cooking for me 2/3 times a week! So I just find a VLCD works for me bec ause it kind of stops the addiction to food... as horrible as that sounds.

I was quite lucky over Xmas... I didnt put on a single lb not even 1/8 of lb lol

We have a similar target.. I'm going on a girls weekend to Butlins (90's revival woooo) on 9 March and we have fancy dress outfits for every night (Sailors, Mechanics and Where's Walley). I want to be able to wear my shorts and long socks and feel comfortable with my legs... so 2 stone and I think that'll be bearable!!

Hopefully we can give each other a nudge :) x

Yeah I am sure we can keep eachother going! I am just waiting for my delivery and I can get started! It was dispatched yesterday morning, so fingers crossed it will be here today at some point, eating low carb today and trying to drink lots of water!

I know what you mean about having more choice etc, it makes it very easy to get the taste for something and go overboard! That's what got me here in the first place!

The 90s weekend is a great goal, totally achieveable too. My friends are all diff shapes and sizes but I find fancy dress etc a bit daunting but we do it occasionally for a laugh. I have two friends who are sisters they are both fillipino and they are so petite I feel like a wardrobe stood next to them! Just don't want to be so self conscious anymore!

I know the feeling... I would love not to feel self conscious. Even when I lost 4 stone last year... I went to V festival and my friend was about the smae size but we have completely different shapes. I have no tummy.. she has slim legs. But unfortunately when you go to a festival in summer it's not really your tummy that you get out and I was so upset that I couldn't wear shorts like everyone else that I just felt like a moose. And I was only a small size 14. It didn't help that we made friends with the tiniest petite size 6-8 girls but I'd love to have the cofidence and body to wear my shorts etc :) And actually for once feel like I'm living my life.

I hate to go shopping with my friends/OH it makes me too self conscious. But I'd love to be able to. Luckily I've got my mum who is also my best friend and we have some amazing shopping trips, but it would just be nice to have the confidence with my friends :)

What did you order? I wanted to order the 4 week pack but I was unsure if I'd like it all. And whilst I'm fine with forcing a couple of days of food I don't like I couldn't cope with a months worth lol

Have you done a VLCD before? You'r preparing for it well... I had spag bol with garlic bread the night before I started... Probably made yesterday harder... but I'm getting there :)

x x x

I am the same, I have an hourglass shape and don't carry much on my tum, but hate my arms, I have huge hips and bum lol! I hate my thighs! I always cover my arms in little cardigans and would love to be the same as everyone else in summer and just wear a nice little top without worrying about my arms. They are my worst body part, my mum says they aren't that bad but I have quite large boobs too so it makes me look top heavy and I feel like a wrestler! lol

I don't shop for clothes with my OH either, I know it's obvious I am not skinny mini but I don't want that confirmed infront of him when I have my strops because I have to get a bigger size! lol

I have never done a VLCD before, but I have a very busy work schedule and have found slimming world hard because I cannot seem to find the time to cook everything all the time, the VLCD will remove the problem of wondering what to eat, hopefully will give me time away from food that I need etc

I have ordered a full 28days 4 per day. I got a combo of porridge, banana, vanilla and caramel shake, veg and chicken soups, and lemon + white choc bars. I figured they would be the items I would most like and I intend to just go for it. I didn't fancy the mealpacks but may try them further down the line!

See I think it is the meal packs that I'll relly like. Well the spag bol one anyway and it really doesn't bother me having the same every day. When I did cambridge last year.. I have 2 choc mint shakes a day for 8 weeks lol The only problem with CD is that everything is sweet (I don't like the soups). I'm really really struggling right now because I forgot to have my breakfast so I am starving! But if I have a shake now and maybe a bar at about 3 I should be back on track :)

How do you feel about starting on a weekend? Do you think it would be better if you're busy at work or do you have a busy weekend ahead?

Really hope it arrives for you today :) x x

Well done on your first day and best of luck!

Thanks Bea :) How are you finding things?

I think a lengthy update will be needed for day 2 lol I'm struggling a bit! x x

Tara, I also have a busy work schedule (although I have a day off today :)) and one of the reasons that this diet is so easy is because you can prepare the 'meal' in less than 5 minutes without having to worry about what to buy beforehand and the length of time to prepare it (plus I'm no cook!). Good luck with your journey - it only requires a bit of commitment because the weight losses provide the motivation.

I've lost 53lbs so far and have 31 to go.

Wow that is amazing!! How long did it take you to lose 53lb? Do you feel as you're over half way it's a motivator to carry on or are you finding it harder? x x

I might try the spag bol, someone said they mix mushroom in it too, that sounds quite nice! I love soups of all kinds so hope I like them!

I work in a busy GP surgery and we open 8-8 365 days a year so I am working 8-8 both sat and sun this week so will be nice and busy! Have you tried the shakes on S&S yet? I just had my shake mixer delivered.

Yeah I'd do that, have your shake soon and then the bar late afternoon.

I might try the spag bol, someone said they mix mushroom in it too, that sounds quite nice! I love soups of all kinds so hope I like them!

I work in a busy GP surgery and we open 8-8 365 days a year so I am working 8-8 both sat and sun this week so will be nice and busy! Have you tried the shakes on S&S yet? I just had my shake mixer delivered.

Yeah I'd do that, have your shake soon and then the bar late afternoon.

Yeah I find being busy really helps... It distracts you from being hungry until you're in ketosis. I'm a nightmare in ketosis I struggle to have all three packs. Also I struggle if I don't have a breakfast one... but I'm going out this evening so at least I wont be so hungry later on :)

Should all your mealpacks not be delivered with your shaker?

No I haven't tried anything on S&S, I'm hoping I will like them!!

Back