My mother saw me for the first time in 5 weeks

bettyboo

Silver Member
:eek: :D

Well my mother saw me today for the first time in 5 weeks (have spoken on the phone lots)

She said - my god you are half the person you were...........now this is an exageration. Then my sister nearly keeled over when she saw me.

I still have a long way to go - but I am getting there and it feels good.

x
Bettyboo

Hi bettyboo,

Aawww that is so nice and good to hear:)

So happy for you and you deserve all the kudos!!!

Love Mini xxx

Well done Betty boo, you deserve the compliments, you have lost loads...

Its always good when people notice especially like that, keeps you motivated.

iTS SUCH A BOOST TO UR CONFIDENCE WHEN PEOPLE YOU HAVE NOT SEEN FOR A WHILE NOTICE YOUR WEIGHT LOSS, IM SO PLEASED FOR YOU.

WELL DONE

SONKIE

:eek: :D

She said - my god you are half the person you were...........now this is an exageration.

lol Betty,
still exagarations like that are great to hear....

Well done you - what a boost, will spur you on no end :D

Well done Bettyboo. The kudos that comes along with having lost weight aint half bad is it? ;)

well done !!!!

:) this is a really good feeling well done to you !!!;) nice booster !!

It's such a boost ...

... when someone notices Bettyboo. Is your mum supportive of what you are doing? I'm seeing my parents over Christmas. They won't have seen me since the October holiday and I've changed alot since then. They are not particularly supportive of what I'm doing (LL) but I hope they are more understanding when they see the 'big' improvement!

AmandaJayne

My mum has always been slim but works hard to stay that way. She is in her early 70's and walks everywhere.....When I told her I was on the diet when I was about 10 days in and she said 'Well sometimes something drastic has to be done ! and thats pretty drastic' - she is very supportive though. My eldest sis - not so - she has a weight problem as well.
The rest of the family are great at giving support.
Especially my DH and my sisters. One of my sisters lives in South Africa and she lost 6st on the south beach diet last year...........she still has 10lbs to go so we are dieting intercontinentally and she is aiming for 1lb for every 7 I loose.

I hope Amandajayne that you get the support and kudos you deserve too!!!
x

Bettyboo

Well done girl! isn't it great when you get compliments like that.. even though you are doing it for yourself it DOES help to hear it from others too... my dad is awful (never given me a compliment in my life!) & my brother reckons you can just lose weight by eating organic food & exercising 8 hours a day, helps that he is an Irish Champion athlete (check out Ryan Coote.com) BUT my Mum, sisters & close friends are FANTASTIC & SO supportive (though I know they don't agree 100% with a VLCD mainly cos they don't really understand it!!)
Well done on your FAB loss, hope the head is feeling better today!
Anna XXX

Well done, must be great when you havent seen ppl for a long time and they are gobsmacked by the change in you. Well done again.

Well, I saw my parents over Christmas and they barely mentioned my weightloss (which I suppose I expected). On the plus side they did not give me a hard time over it either. My dad suggested that I was a 'martyr' because I didn't eat or drink any of the food. My mum kept asking if I would eat some fruit, at least.

My husband's mum was, as usual, non-judgemental, and very interested in what I was doing.

I stayed abstinent throughout and did 'mental' thought records when the going got tough (garlic bread and chocolate!).

The latest Lighterlife magazine is out just now and I popped into town and got one. My mum read through it but didn't make any comments one way or the other.

I am sorry that your parents didn't acknowledge your fantastic achievement. Thats what it is. My mother never used to comment on anything. If any of us achieved anything should would say your father is very proud. When Dad died and various things happened like me getting promoted and having kids, my sis getting married and my other sis releasing a cd she kept trotting out .............your father would be very proud. SO one day I blew my cool and siad and what about you......ARE YOU NOT PROUD

her reply was - sure I am your mother - its a given that I am proud ...... so I said - actually its not............I need to hear it......

Since then she says it. Maybe when you get to goal weight you can challenge your parents about it.

I think you are doing a marvellous job. WELL DONE YOU !!!

x

Ciarap

I am sorry that your parents didn't acknowledge your fantastic achievement. Thats what it is. My mother never used to comment on anything. If any of us achieved anything should would say your father is very proud. When Dad died and various things happened like me getting promoted and having kids, my sis getting married and my other sis releasing a cd she kept trotting out .............your father would be very proud. SO one day I blew my cool and siad and what about you......ARE YOU NOT PROUD

her reply was - sure I am your mother - its a given that I am proud ...... so I said - actually its not............I need to hear it......

Since then she says it. Maybe when you get to goal weight you can challenge your parents about it.

I think you are doing a marvellous job. WELL DONE YOU !!!

x

Ciarap

Very touching and eyeopening. A,Jayne please take hee and let their lack of a response spur you on, you've done an amazing job, i hope i can mirror what you've acheived.

Back