My Motivation & General Ramblings

Food today

Breakfast - boiled eggs, bacon and a slice of toast 1/2 hexB

Lunch - baked beans, onions and some other veggies on toast 1/2 hexB

Dinner - not sure but will be SW friendly

Jackie - I'm happy to share my syns but only if you share yours when I might need them. Lol! :p hope things start looking up for you soon.

Well quite proud. Done my Zumba and circuit again today. I'm keeping this up and the only person surprised is me!

My OH said to me tonight have you lost loads this week as your face looks much thinner this week, or as he put it less roundular (it's a word in our house lol!).

Going to keep going no matter how much I try and sabotage myself! First Xmas challenge weigh-in Monday eeek! But I've been good food wise and most certainly exercise wise. :D

Food for today

Breakfast - beans with cumin, garlic and chilli on toast 1/2 hexB and turkey rashers

Lunch - bacon with loads of onion and cheese 1/2 hexA on toast 1/2 hexB. An apple

Dinner - SW KFC with SW chips and salad

Syns - crisps 6.5

Drinks - water, coke zero and maybe some tea (?)

Feeling a bit rubbishy today, this is the longest * week of my life! I said to my OH last night "wouldn't it be nice if there was an app on your phone that went off once a month and said yep it's all working and you're not pregnant. He just laughed and said don't think they've got that far yet!"

Wow! Just had the SW KFC, the smash recipe, it's delish. Much better than the breadcrumb one, crispy, tasty and lovely. I did slightly modify it and add some dried mixed herbs.

Decided to have a day off from Zumba, one day out of 7 can't be bad. I still did my circuit but feeling a bit meh today. I'll get back on the Zumba train tomorrow.

Hi Jackie

I can't remember who posted but here's my slightly tweaked version

Syn free KFC style chicken drumsticks made with Smash instant potato instead of bread crumbs:

INGREDIENTS
9 skinless chicken drumsticks, all visible fat removed
1 egg
1 veg stock pot made with 50ml water
Frylight
Half a cup of Smash instant potato flakes
1 Tsp of black pepper
1 Stock cube crumbled
0.5-1 Tsp of onion powder
0.5-1 Tsp of garlic powder/salt
0.5-1 Tsp of sweet paprika
0.5-1 Tsp of chili powder
2 tsp dried mixed herbs

METHOD
Beat the egg and Bovril until well combined

Mix all of the spices into the potato flakes - stir through with a spoon to make sure the spices are distributed evenly.

Dip each (raw) drumstick into the egg until covered. Then place in the bowl with the potato/spice mix. The egg will allow the potato/spice mix to cling to the meat. Repeat until all drumsticks are caked in the potato/spice mix.

Lay the drumsticks on a baking sheet sprayed with Frylight. Spray the chicken as well. Cook until golden brown.

Hope you're having a fab day and that your FiL is getting better!

Food

Breakfast - boiled egg and bacon sandwich

Snack - cheese and an apple

Dinner - naughty! Totaled 31 syns but I have plenty left over from the week

Drinks - water, coke zero and green tea with jasmine (added peppermint too as got a cough)

Going to do Zumba and circuit a bit later.

Not a lot today as nan is not well, currently waiting for an emergency doctor.

Breakfast - boiled egg and bacon sandwich

Snack - apple and cheese
Crisps 6.5
Eel mayo 0.5

Dinner will be pork roast dinner with loads of veggies

Well Nan just needs more pain meds, so not too much to worry about in the grand scheme of things.

Still a bit worried that I've really not eaten that much today might fit in a few free snacks but if I don't I'll try not to stress about it.

WI day tomorrow :eek:

Hoping I've done enough to lose a decent amount this week. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.

Hi Jackie
Thanks for the encouragement and hugs! I posted the kfc recipe above. My nan will never be 100% but we're just trying to make comfortable, she's 85 and in constant pain but not well enough to operate on, she's just not strong enough to cope with the anesthetic. Just got to try and do our best for her!

Oh well chin up and carry on. :)

Back